Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Just got blocked from PSO2 once more.

After being able to play for a little over a week, the site and servers are both inaccessible without a proxy again for me. Trace can reach Sega's doorstep, but connection times out afterwards.

Trace route for command line lovers:
    Spoiler!

What's interesting is that the initial timeout on the second hop also resurfaced again, which may mean that my ISP has trouble finding a route to the server on its own, and instead follows one of the routes stored on the backup server (I assume obtained from other ISPs, or some public source), upon which my connection gets refused at the usual spot. Coincidentally, it happened at about the same time as when the precede download was supposed to go live,and way after the DDoS is over and all DDoS and connection issues got resolved.

Now, excuse me, but something tells me that this isn't an attempt to stop an ongoing DDoS attack, server being unstable after one, or Comcast being up to its tricks again. Really doubt that Sega managed to switch its IP in less than a minute and without everyone getting disconnected from the game, either (except me). Still a chance that Sega found out my race and ethnicity, though.

I haven't been keeping up with the latest news on the connection issues. What's the current most popular theory that does not involve an IP or ISP block in any way?

Actually we can safely say that we now have an answer which is no longer a "theory" as you might say because it's been confirmed by multiple network engineers. It's basically ISPs who are no longer able to route to pso2.jp not because they blocked them but because SEGA did not publish it's new route to main carriers outside of asia.

Which ISP do you use?
    FIGHT ON!

spAwn

Profile pic courtesy of Scarlet_Starlet, check it out!

You people need to quit pso2 already. Give it up. You'll live trust me.

Or just use a VPN. Most B20ers are already using one.

It's either that or quit. Sega wont be "fixing" this "problem" anytime soon seeing as JP players are now playing perfectly fine and the servers seem perfectly fine aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by UMVC3_Wolverine View Post

It's either that or quit. Sega wont be "fixing" this "problem" anytime soon seeing as JP players are now playing perfectly fine and the servers seem perfectly fine aswell.
    VPNs aren't the only way to connect though Concidering it's not an IP block and just a routing problem, there are various ways to reach pso2.jp other than VPNs :P (Methods that do not involve changing your IP)

Wow.....smh..........wow.

You sure do know how to behave in an online community. Hell you are helpful, respectful everything. wow
    FIGHT ON!

spAwn

Profile pic courtesy of Scarlet_Starlet, check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by RagolianHunter View Post
    Wow.....smh..........wow.

You sure do know how to behave in an online community. Hell you are helpful, respectful everything. wow
    hes not any different than the other try hard trolls here

OP: were you connecting with Comcast or another ISP?

Looking at my post, it wasn't disrespectful and it was rather helpful seeing as I given him an actual method of connecting.

You simply can't handle the way I say things. I'm a realist, not a troll.

I always laugh when people disagree with you, you automatically call them "trolls". That seems to be the common defence for anyone who thinks differently.

In short, I kept it "real" with the TC. Nothing disrespectful about that.

Looking at my post, it wasn't disrespectful and it was rather helpful seeing as I given him an actual method of connecting.

You simply can't handle the way I say things. I'm a realist, not a troll.

I always laugh when people disagree with you, you automatically call them "trolls". That seems to be the common defence for anyone who thinks differently.

In short, I kept it "real" with the TC. Nothing disrespectful about that.
    There is a difference between a realist and a pessimist. You are the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by adios View Post
    There is a difference between a realist and a pessimist. You are the latter.
    There's a difference between a realist and a delusional person living in denial. You and 95% of people here are the latter.