Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    They never said HOW they were nerfing those technics.
    If it was something involving altering the mechanics of them then they probably would have said something about it. It's likely just a decrease to damage and/or and increase in pp cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    This is why I say the damage isn't the problem, it's the scaling, and the scaling is a problem for most of the stuff in the game.
    Do techs/pa's scale differently with tattk/sattk or something?

Never knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by CricketJam View Post
    Just make it so that only one ilmegid of yours can be onscreen at a time. It prevents spamming and doesn't take any groundbreaking steps to try and change/balance something. Oh you casted another one? Well now the first just instantly disappeared.
    This is my favorite suggestion by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    If it was something involving altering the mechanics of them then they probably would have said something about it.
    They didn't say anything specific about the buffs and nerfs to PAs/techs being done. When small-scale changes were done, they at least listed everything done, even if it was just an increase in power. With how many changes are being done, listing all of them is unfeasible, and only listing some of them wouldn't make sense. Plus, they only have so much room to work with on those announcement things, so it makes sense to skimp out on descriptions of nerfs. It's nice enough that they even listed what they're nerfing, instead of just saying "2 PAs and 3 techs nerfed". We don't even get to know what all is being buffed.

As one of the handful of Gu/Hu tanky builds, I'm honestly underwhelmed by the overall defensive improvements. Sure, it's still hard to say how much the changes will actually affect gameplay, but it seems to me that it's still being treated as a niche playstyle and not one they really want to go anywhere with.

• No Passive Threat: All the hate modifiers are still locked in on-use abilities. Doesn't fix the issue that anyone with higher damage will out-hate tanks.
    • HP Up requires massive point investment: 30 points gone just for +150 HP. That means you're basically pigeonholed into health or Flash Guard.
    • Still no reason to get Guard Stance Poison/Burn: Even if it's easier to get, you're wasting points that can be better spent elsewhere.
    • War Brave: I don't like the idea of giving a taunt a damage modifier, because it simply causes players to go spending on it simply because "lol more dmg", and then you get 3-5 people in an MPA mashing War Cry and it's a mess. Main-class-only may alleviate it, but not solve it.
    • Automate Halfline is still garbage: Does anyone even USE this any more?

Literally the only two things that they need to do to make tanks functional is turn HP Up 2/3 into 1-point investments with Massive Hunter purchase dependency, and make Guard Stance Up give 200% passive threat.

Have I hated you properly today?

Quote Originally Posted by CricketJam View Post
    Just make it so that only one ilmegid of yours can be onscreen at a time. It prevents spamming and doesn't take any groundbreaking steps to try and change/balance something. Oh you casted another one? Well now the first just instantly disappeared.
    This does resolve some of its more irritating issues. It's not a total and complete solution, but it's simple and intuitive enough to patch up a lot of the problems with ilmegid.

Quote Originally Posted by ClothoBuer View Post
    • Automate Halfline is still garbage: Does anyone even USE this any more?

I like the idea of a passive hate generation skill though. Likewise, there should be a way for other classes to decrease the hate they get. Confusion is really good for this as a ranged class like force or ranger, but it doesn't work on most bosses. :/

I wonder if they are buffing Ilfoi :E

Quote Originally Posted by ClothoBuer View Post
    Literally the only two things that they need to do to make tanks functional is turn HP Up 2/3 into 1-point investments with Massive Hunter purchase dependency, and make Guard Stance Up give 200% passive threat.
    Massive Hunter is garbo tho. It should be a 1SP passive skill but no damage resist.

And then to ensure 98% of the playerbase doesn't get it, make it Guard Stance only.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Don't forget that Guard Stance only protects from striking and shooting, when technique damage is just as common against bosses. Guard Stance Up is even worse...

Also, Automate Halfline is more of use for glass cannons despite being in the tank tree. You don't really need it with a tank spec, especially with Healing Guard now..
    Last edited by Gardios; Jul 30, 2014 at 03:31 PM.

@Tanking: Tanking isn't viable because of how easy it is to just completely avoid damage. We need more hard to avoid, but weak attacks instead of everything doing buttloads of damage. This encourages tanky builds because beefier characters can still attack while taking those hits, while glassier characters have to stop and dodge or block.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Do techs/pa's scale differently with tattk/sattk or something?

Never knew that.
    I forgot to respond to this. What I meant was that the difference in power between average gear/builds and going all out is too big, there isn't a moderate and clear upper limit to things or a clear cut minium. The result is that they can't balance the game properly. Make things too strong and people HAVE to invest in high end gear that they might not even get, to even stand a chance. Conversly, if you make things weak enough for average or low end players to do with little hassle then the players who DO get lucky/rich enough to have high end gear/builds just wreck everything and that becomes the "minimum" people expect and get used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardios View Post
    Don't forget that Guard Stance only protects from striking and shooting, when technique damage is just as common against bosses. Guard Stance Up is even worse...

Also, Automate Halfline is more of use for glass cannons despite being in the tank tree. You don't really need it with a tank spec, especially with Healing Guard now..
    See what I said above. This is what I was talking about. The whole point of Automate halfline is to take advantage of hyper armor, but few people do despite hunter having TONS of hyper armor PAs.