Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 132021222324 LastLast

If anything, Iron Will is skippable in a tank build. Because what, are you still going to die when you're taking like 20% damage? Also, not too much of a reason to max HP up 1 really. Too little utility per skill point.

Quote Originally Posted by ClothoBuer View Post
    No one in here is discussing Fury Stance, read up.

S-DEF Up actually, stats>utility.

Tank-build Hunters will still be strapped for points after the rebalance. Assuming a build like this, you have 10 points to spare, with HP Up 2/3, Automate Halfline, S-Def Up, Flash Guard 2, Never Give Up, Absorption (If you don't roll Gulds), and possibly closing out Guard Stance Up. Even if we count GSUp as irrelevant (which for the investment is the same as S-Def Up, so I can see it), that's still 7 relevant AND useful skills that you have to decide on. And Fury Hunters? They can close out their core with 60 points, and invest in luxury skills.

It's still a critical issue, and along with the sub-par skill selection it just adds more stones to the sinking ship.
    Guard tree investment plus Iron Will is redundant. Unless you take a bunch of powerful non-striking hits simultaneously Iron Will is going to be completely useless. Investing the IW points in Automate Halfline and and dumping the remaining 12 points (GSU only needs 3?) into Flash Guard 2 and Absorption makes a lot more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Even without a defensive build, if you're only subbing hunter you lose what... 10% damage in echange for auto healing at half health?
    10% too much
    S-DEF Up actually, stats>utility.
    :L
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Maxed s-def up is +50 sdef... that's -10 damage. If you're telling me -10 damage from a single damage type is more useful than instantly recovering when your hp is knocked below 50% then I don't know what to say.
    Well, I'll give you plenty of time to think something up, because that's exactly what I'm saying. Raw stats don't give flat bonuses, it scales according to player and target level. For example, just to test the differences out, I made a straight Flash Guard build, and straight Guard Stance/Up/S-Def Up build. Incoming melee damage (which accounts for the majority of all attacks) was around 50 points lower than with Flash Guards on mobs, and well over 100 on bosses, with maybe 50 points difference in ranged and tech damage. That's just adding 100 S-Def and a 10% Strike damage reduction. The higher the levels get, the more value it's going to have.

Yes, I'll admit that maybe I was harsh in my assessment of Halfline, but with the Iron Will buff adding 5 seconds of invincibility, I still can't justify the loss of health or defense in exchange for a free heal.

Have I hated you properly today?

Well, I'll give you plenty of time to think something up, because that's exactly what I'm saying. Raw stats don't give flat bonuses, it scales according to player and target level. For example, just to test the differences out, I made a straight Flash Guard build, and straight Guard Stance/Up/S-Def Up build. Incoming melee damage (which accounts for the majority of all attacks) was around 50 points lower than with Flash Guards on mobs, and well over 100 on bosses, with maybe 50 points difference in ranged and tech damage. That's just adding 100 S-Def and a 10% Strike damage reduction. The higher the levels get, the more value it's going to have.

Yes, I'll admit that maybe I was harsh in my assessment of Halfline, but with the Iron Will buff adding 5 seconds of invincibility, I still can't justify the loss of health or defense in exchange for a free heal.
    Either way, you're not going to be dying with Automate. Even if you're a female newman force, you're just not going to die if you have Automate Halfline and any sort of guard build with decent units. The same can't be said about guard builds without Automate Halfline, because any sort of stun-lock combos can still kill you by taking away your chance to recover. If you're going for a guard build you better be prepared to throw yourself in any normal mob situation. Otherwise what's the point?
    Last edited by branflakes325; Jul 30, 2014 at 08:54 PM.

I'm confused. When did you test this? What mobs? What level? Guard stance+SG up gives 35% damage resistance and 250 s-def, or are you saying it was 100 s-def and strike resistance than the flash guard build? Was this before it was buffed? And as far as I know stats DO give flat bonuses. What makes you think they scale with levels? I'm missing a lot of information here.

Stats are flat bonuses. Level is completely unused in calculating damage. That bit about scaling is complete nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseSeraf View Post
    If you actually look more closely, the first hit was 1.6k. So 2k HP was almost required.
    *re-watches the video*
    How odd that it's only the first hit. Still though, looks helpful after getting Fury Stance if you have spare points.

I am a HUcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    Bubsy?! Bubsy, is that you?! I know it's supposed to be Nyau btw, but seriously - that thing looks like a wannabe Bubsy with a Kokiri Lightsaber.

All of these fighter buffs.

All of these braver buffs.

I might STFU and get a VPN afterall

Posting at work, so I'm gonna try to keep it simple because doing this on my phone is suffering.

@Kondibon: was a few months ago, whenever the last tree resets came around, used Elder for the boss and TD for mobs. The two builds consisted of one devoted to S-Def/Hollow and the other full Flash Guard.

@LonelyGaruga: Okay, I derped on that. I totally misread this faq, but it's still implying that stats do scale against each other. Of course, I wouldn't mind seeing you source where you got your information.

Sad part of this argument is it could've been solved hours ago if we simply had theorycrafting and stat weights.

Have I hated you properly today?