Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 152223242526272835 ... LastLast

Thanks for the advice! I guess my better choice is Weak Stance then. I'm less interested in the Hu/Br combination, and my old braver skilltree has Average Stance yet, so I guess I'll level up with that for the time being and pop a skill reset when I'm geared up to switch to Weak Stance.

Quote Originally Posted by spinnyup View Post
    I think I'm going to go fire/dark for sure. I'm just gunna use one tree for all my leveling so I'll probably grab a third element, just having a hard time choosing between light and wind for the third one. would it be smart to just forget about wind and get light for the third element just because it's handy for a lot of the EQs since almost all of the enemies are darkers? because that's what I am thinking about doing, seems like I would use light a lot more then wind for 1-70 leveling.
    Ragrants and Ilgrants work well for (darker) bosses, and Nagrants is fairly effective defensively against small enemies, but there's not too much that's especially powerful and spammy for large groups. Light's not bad, and you can get some great use out of it, but it's not particularly great when the enemy isn't weak to it.

Quote Originally Posted by spinnyup View Post
    oh and since it says to get talis tech bonus in the build should I just be using only talis' the entire time? is there any reason for me to use a rod at any point?
    Depends. Rods are naturally stronger, but the skill flips that around. There's also ease of use to worry about.

If the tech instantly appears at your target, then it's simply stronger to use a talis. If the tech homes in on the target, then using a talis could be more reliable since it'll be closer. But if you need to manually aim, then a rod is much easier to use. There's also the issue of the talis returning after several casts, nullifying the bonus, so a rod always deals consistent damage without wasting time with normal attacks.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Ragrants and Ilgrants work well for (darker) bosses, and Nagrants is fairly effective defensively against small enemies, but there's not too much that's especially powerful and spammy for large groups. Light's not bad, and you can get some great use out of it, but it's not particularly great when the enemy isn't weak to it
    I think I might just completely change up what I was planning and go ice/dark/wind then, exactly how it is in the build in your opening post. seems good for almost all the zones, I was only going to go fire if I didn't have wind just because I wanted an element that would be strong against most natives. so it wont be that big of a handicap if i just completely forget about light? in the end i will probably just be making more trees once I get to 70 anyways
    Last edited by spinnyup; Oct 27, 2014 at 03:47 AM.

Really, you should try out everything you can right now. If you find you hate some element(s) then it'll cost AC or skill resets to switch.

Also I'd feel disingenuous if I didn't tell you a majority of Forces are going pure fire at the moment. Not only because fire techs are well rounded and powerful, but Flame S Charge makes them extremely fast. Wind is no replacement.

Though every element does have useful techs, I've avoided all mention of lightning because using it for damage outside of Lilipa is generally a very bad idea. Even using them there can be a bad idea unless you're solo or in a well organized group.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Really, you should try out everything you can right now. If you find you hate some element(s) then it'll cost AC or skill resets to switch.

Also I'd feel disingenuous if I didn't tell you a majority of Forces are going pure fire at the moment. Not only because fire techs are well rounded and powerful, but Flame S Charge makes them extremely fast. Wind is no replacement.

Though every element does have useful techs, I've avoided all mention of lightning because using it for damage outside of Lilipa is generally a very bad idea. Even using them there can be a bad idea unless you're solo or in a well organized group.
    ok I guess I'll go fire/dark and then light or wind for 3rd since I guess it doesn't really matter which of the two I pick. I guess I could also just use two elements and max Tech 1 and 2 but since this is my first force I think im just going to experiment with 3 elements (probably light). thanks for the great advice

Also just curious about the pure fire thing. are they just going fo/fi when they do that or are they still going techer and and taking all the points out of wind and whatever else and applying them elsewhere? because I will have to look into that once I hit 70

thanks again for the help man!

How up to date is this build? On my tree Ability is Dexterity which I figure are the same thing. Aside from that, there are no points in Ability 1, so you can't get the bottom skills without at least 3 points into Ability 1... Making this build broken, or I'm looking at it wrong.

^It's just to show you that it's not recommended at all to take it. If you see other trees, it's also like that (Such as T-atk up 1 on FO tree).

In short, just put 3 points into it and done
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

Quote Originally Posted by KazukiQZ View Post
    ^It's just to show you that it's not recommended at all to take it. If you see other trees, it's also like that (Such as T-atk up 1 on FO tree).

In short, just put 3 points into it and done
    Cool thanx!

What would you say is the best overall ranger build in terms of main skills and sub choice? Same for braver main.

Why one point in Rapid Shoot in this build (Katana Braver/Hunter) http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...00jdoIb000000f ?
    Last edited by Sinon; Oct 29, 2014 at 05:48 AM.