Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mattykins View Post
    Then play on a lower graphics level...?
    I wasn't referring to me. Also, would the pets affect the server load in any way? Or maybe that's something that gets upgraded as well come EP4?

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    Interesting. Are you implying that Ultimate Areas are simply current zones in the destroyed timeline?
    Probably not. Ultimate Lilipa is how Tunnels appeared when it was newly completed for sure. Ultimate Naberius does look distorted, but it could have some sort of tie to the Profound Darkness, given that the climatic battle is taking place near it, as opposed to any other planet or even just in the depths of space. There's a number of possibilities that could lead it to being past or future versions of the Forest area. It's really a toss up there. The upcoming story quest may have more information on the nature of Ultimate Naberius (and Ultimate in general).

And I haven't found anything regarding Ultimate, Anga Fundarge, or anything else really besides the fact that they're time-displaced. Anga Fundarge itself is from a different time period (timeline wasn't quite the right word for it, the literal translation is time axis, whatever that means in common English terminology), while the areas themselves could be warped to fit Anga Fundarge's time period or could just be displaced in general. It's hard to say right now because there's so little about it.
    Last edited by LonelyGaruga; Oct 12, 2015 at 09:41 PM.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

Calling it: Ep4 will just be a giant Final Fantasy The Spirits Within collab

Also, would the pets affect the server load in any way?
    More entities would always affect the server load. I dunno how noticeable it would be though.

Like how chairs effect server loads right?

The server would have to tell clients what the pets are, and what they're wearing/doing.
    If the pets just follow people around automatically, then that could be done clientside.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Like how chairs affect server loads right?
    Hah.

That would actually increase the load in the lobbies, further making lower spec'd peeps crash/have FPS lag. I mean, not everyone that plays PSO2 has a high end gaming rig.
    I know, but they can always add an option to simply turn pets off, or limit their numbers.
    Like the option to default-ize the appearance of characters visible in the lobby.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Oct 13, 2015 at 12:29 AM.

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    The server would have to tell clients what the pets are, and what they're wearing/doing.
    If the pets just follow people around automatically, then that could be done clientside.
    It could be that the summon itself is Summoner's weapon, as in, it is literally the item that you 'equip', just like any partizan or katana. Each summon 'weapon' would cause the summon to have a different appearance, though it would have the same bone structure. Sega's shown that they're -really- fond of Fangulf reskins, so it can't be that huge of a stretch.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    It could be that the summon itself is Summoner's weapon, as in, it is literally the item that you 'equip', just like any partizan or katana. Each summon 'weapon' would cause the summon to have a different appearance, though it would have the same bone structure. Sega's shown that they're -really- fond of Fangulf reskins, so it can't be that huge of a stretch.
    Fangulfs. Fangulfs EVERYWHERE.

Here's to hoping that Rebirth borrows some things from the original PSO and actually gives your character the lead as the main character and drops him/her on this un-named planet to investigate it...

I'd be down to ditch the typical "run of the mill" anime story that Episodes 1-3 had for a more melancholy tone like the first PSO had. The feeling of doom and uncertainty the first game had was so cool to me. Get rid of the annoying matterboards and cutscenes and replace them with the sidequest style missions from the first game that flesh out the story until you finally get to the bottom of things.

I liked that formula and was kind of bummed they changed things in PSU and PSO2. If anything I'm really hoping that Rebirth takes note of FFXIV: ARR and just redoes ALOT of things. (It's practically a different game now) But hey this is Sega so I won't get my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimeria View Post
    Here's to hoping that Rebirth borrows some things from the original PSO and actually gives your character the lead as the main character and drops him/her on this un-named planet to investigate it...

I'd be down to ditch the typical "run of the mill" anime story that Episodes 1-3 had for a more melancholy tone like the first PSO had. The feeling of doom and uncertainty the first game had was so cool to me. Get rid of the annoying matterboards and cutscenes and replace them with the sidequest style missions from the first game that flesh out the story until you finally get to the bottom of things.

I liked that formula and was kind of bummed they changed things in PSU and PSO2. If anything I'm really hoping that Rebirth takes note of FFXIV: ARR and just redoes ALOT of things. (It's practically a different game now) But hey this is Sega so I won't get my hopes up.
    It won't. You'd have to can everything they've done 'til now. Why would they bother making all of the content they have, only to throw it away when the next episode comes?

If anything, I'd say rework the Matter Boards entirely. Some are too long for the time we're in now (hello MB1-11 and MB1-8 in particular), and a good number of them have the craziest of nonsensical rewards for where they're placed.

I liked how short and to the point EP3's boards were. I actually am all caught up and set for 3-7's arrival on Wednesday because of that. If they shorten EP1 and 2, it could help people do the story properly and make it so they wouldn't NEED to skip EP1&2 to do 3 so they can get to 4.

I mean, most people don't generally do the early ones anyways (only 3-1 for a basic Hiei set, and then that's pretty much it).

Of course, I know what your sentence is really asking for - after all, your words are drenched with nostalgia. If you're willing to trade a lack of popularity (and summarily the game's funding) for what you desire, then I'm certain SEGA would all but appease you.