Page 479 of 576 FirstFirst ... 379429469476477478479480481482489529 ... LastLast
Results 4,781 to 4,790 of 5755

Katana block feels really lenient. Sometimes i block before Elder even looks like he will palm thrust and it gets the JC anyway. Definitely doesn't seem like you need to spam on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    Katana block feels really lenient. Sometimes i block before Elder even looks like he will palm thrust and it gets the JC anyway. Definitely doesn't seem like you need to spam on it.
    i can block easily in elder

but on something like cougar or dog pairs i always miss the timing

guess i'll just need to practice

Try running Katana in an undermanned UQ like Lilipa for an hour. After that Katana blocking should be cake.

Quote Originally Posted by AmanoMai View Post
    i can block easily in elder

but on something like cougar or dog pairs i always miss the timing

guess i'll just need to practice
    You're probably doing it too early. The hitboxes on sword swing/claw swipes come out somewhat late in their animation so you have to block when they're about halfway into it.

In general, swinging attacks come out a little later than they look. The Kuronia centaurs are the worst offenders, as you have to block near the end of their animation even if you were standing to their left, where they begin the swing.

im playing BrHu right now. its 50/29 btw but I don't know which katana to use. I Don't like spamming over end. What are some options that don't require premium?

ares ryuuga (when you hit 70 of course) before then a crafted red katana would do the trick but you need photon boosters for the potential though you can buy an unlocked red katana at player shops (level 1 is fine)

Quote Originally Posted by JCry View Post
    im playing BrHu right now. its 50/29 btw but I don't know which katana to use. I Don't like spamming over end. What are some options that don't require premium?
    Over End is a sword PA, not a katana PA. Not sure what you're thinking.

Buy a Red katana with potential unlocked, then craft it as you go. If you can't afford it outright, craft up any cheap katana for the short term. Potential doesn't really matter, so 1-3* are REALLY cheap and easy to make +10, or a Roundeet or something if you want to get something with a potential. Either way, any crafted stand-in with 50 element will do just fine for a good while. Just keep doing time attack orders and daily orders until you can afford a Red weapon with potential. You could also grind challenge mode to get the photon boosters to unlock the potential yourself, but that's a lot more effort than you'd expect, especially if you're not versed in all the classes yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamemako View Post
    It is twice the PP cost for fully twice the damage... That is 129/PP vs. 120/PP.
    Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    It's twice the damage, but it takes almost twice as long. Something you seem to not be understanding. DPS, not total damage. The DPS per PP spent is far superior for normal > Gekka than it is for Tsukimi > Gekka > normal 3.
    Remember kids: don't do drugs.

Over End is a sword PA, not a katana PA. Not sure what you're thinking.
    I Can understand that context being confusing but I stated i'm playing HuBr so I can use Over End with swords. I thought it would be obvious but clearly not.

Buy a Red katana with potential unlocked, then craft it as you go
    Crafting wouldn't be a problem if I had the right material for efficient crafting. I Don't have much meseta so this can only go so far...the cheapest red katana pot1 is like 1.8m while crafting it to hu will cost another 700k or so. It's almost 3m and I don't have any way of making money.

If you can't afford it outright, craft up any cheap katana for the short term. Potential doesn't really matter, so 1-3* are REALLY cheap and easy to make +10
    This doesn't sound correct at all considering what i've been told it matters alot lol. Apparently even insult worthy not to have a potential on your weapon. Something about the abilities on the weapon too? Then again I'm not sure if 50/29 is a good level for having potential'd weapons yet.

or a Roundeet or something if you want to get something with a potential
    Been using a roundeet and it's not handling Very Hard Advance Quest mobs very well.

Either way, any crafted stand-in with 50 element will do just fine for a good while.
    I'm willing to take your judgement to a certain extent. let's just say I craft my roundeet, how long will it do me for a replacement?

Just keep doing time attack orders and daily orders until you can afford a Red weapon with potential.
    those take forever for me and they've got a stupid long cool down

You could also grind challenge mode to get the photon boosters to unlock the potential yourself, but that's a lot more effort than you'd expect, especially if you're not versed in all the classes yet.
    this is probably the most reasonable thing you've said so far. I'll try Challenge quest to unlock my own. I'll see if its actually even worth 1.8m...

@JCry:

So you are playing as Br/Hu right now (Level 50 Braver, Level 29 Hunter)?

If that's the case, then maybe one of the reasons why you are so weak right now is because you need to level up Hunter some more so you can put more skill points in to the Hunter Skills such as Fury Stance, Fury Combo Up, JA Bonuses, etc.

Can we see your skill tree?

I think the main thing that you need to do right now is to level up your class to 75, by doing the level up quest, doing Emergency Quests, and Very Hard Advanced Quests with other people while using 75% Experience Boosters and Triboosts.

Also, when you start the game, it is hard to make money. But at level 75, it is easy to make money when you are stronger and can farm for modulators, Flict, Souls, etc. to sell in the player shop.

I Can understand that context being confusing but I stated i'm playing HuBr so I can use Over End with swords. I thought it would be obvious but clearly not.
    You said you were playing BrHu and not HuBr, though either can use sword PAs. BR sub is an unusual choice to be spamming Over End; FI is the more common sub if you want to use Hunter main. I guess you're just trying to get Hunter out of the way so you can do all Braver later?

Crafting wouldn't be a problem if I had the right material for efficient crafting. I Don't have much meseta so this can only go so far...the cheapest red katana pot1 is like 1.8m while crafting it to hu will cost another 700k or so. It's almost 3m and I don't have any way of making money.
    Early materials are dirt cheap anyhow. Buy and disassemble a cheap weapon for some Ironia, buy one S-ATK PA fragment for 1050 meseta, and extend your +10 anything. Should cost all of 6000 meseta or so. A level 1 extend of a 1* weapon is like a 9* weapon in power, but much cheaper to make. Extending a +10 Roundeet to extension level 1 will cost less than 10k and will increase its attack from 393 to 715. As for meseta, 1.8m is something you can get in a day if you just run all your TACOs and daily orders. I picked up 2.5m one Saturday just because some team members wanted to run TACOs and DOs. You may need to tag along with your team to do some things, but they'll be out doing the same for meseta anyway.

If you really want a multiclass-native katana and not an extended weapon, you're going to have to wait for some EQ where a decent one drops. At your level, you can do SH Magatsu, which can drop a Kenei or Susano Guren. Both are just 5-7% Average Stance potentials, but can be equipped on HU if you are HU main. I would still recommend at least trying to have some half-decent weapon before attempting Magatsu, though.

This doesn't sound correct at all considering what i've been told it matters alot lol. Apparently even insult worthy not to have a potential on your weapon.
    Your low-level weapon potentials mostly suck anyhow. You'll get Immediate Strike for all of 3% damage potential at level 1, or an Average Stance boost of 5% which doesn't help when you find yourself using Weak Stance on bosses. The advantage to Red weapons is that their potential is 14% to all attacks at level 1, which is a rather good potential. It's just a lot harder to get photon boosters than photon crystals, so you probably want to get a weapon with the potential already unlocked.

Something about the abilities on the weapon too? Then again I'm not sure if 50/29 is a good level for having potential'd weapons yet.
    Keep it in mind, but it won't be relevant immediately. While you're doing SH (up to level 70), you'll be fine without too much of anything and can do the affixing later. You'll need a lot of excubes that you don't have now anyway. I think Selphea has a guide which should help, since it's a terribly cumbersome system. Just try to get as much S-ATK on your weapons as you can for the short term, and if you don't have a lot, well, it won't matter until you get to 70 and start thinking XH/UQ business.

this is probably the most reasonable thing you've said so far. I'll try Challenge quest to unlock my own. I'll see if its actually even worth 1.8m...
    It will take you quite a lot longer than you're hoping, I'd wager. But hey, if you find you like doing Challenge Mode, you can grind yourself up a 13* Ideal Bow for use against bosses.
    Last edited by Gamemako; Dec 15, 2015 at 09:11 PM.
    It is twice the PP cost for fully twice the damage... That is 129/PP vs. 120/PP.
    Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    It's twice the damage, but it takes almost twice as long. Something you seem to not be understanding. DPS, not total damage. The DPS per PP spent is far superior for normal > Gekka than it is for Tsukimi > Gekka > normal 3.
    Remember kids: don't do drugs.