Page 148 of 158 FirstFirst ... 4898138145146147148149150151 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1579

Both cards are set as far apart as I can on a msi Gaming 5.
    One card is at 50° or so and the other goes to 89° and by that time I'm pretty much not in the mood to play anymore.
    I can cap temp at 72° if I stay in window mode.
    I will try and limit to 60 FPS I guess.
    (I still think the cards should not go to these temps no matter what)
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

Quote Originally Posted by Saffran View Post
    Both cards are set as far apart as I can on a msi Gaming 5.
    One card is at 50° or so and the other goes to 89° and by that time I'm pretty much not in the mood to play anymore.
    I can cap temp at 72° if I stay in window mode.
    I will try and limit to 60 FPS I guess.
    (I still think the cards should not go to these temps no matter what)
    I wonder what kind of case you're using, 89C is way too hot for a gpu when it should be like in the 60s or 70s under full load.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
    I wonder what kind of case you're using, 89C is way too hot for a gpu when it should be like in the 60s or 70s under full load.
    He has the "vanilla" 980ti's from Nvidia. He doesn't have an aftermarket one from EVGA, Zotac, Gygabite, etc etc. Those usually come factory OCed and with much better coolers on them.

The ones he has (vanilla cooling blower style) do reach up to 89c. This has been said by reviewers from youtube and professional reviewers.

That said i'm sure his case isn't helping his situation much either. He needs to spend around 120 for a nice one with good airflow and features.

Lastly, this is why I never liked the vanila cooling style from Nvidia. You should always get card from an aftermarket maker like EVGA with a custom cooler on them. They do a much better job at cooling the cards and they are much quieter too. The only "downside" to them is the fact that you do need a good case with good airflow because these type of aftermarket coolers dump the heat inside the case. This means that it can make cpu and ram temps higher but with a good airflow case that's not a problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Squal_FFVIII View Post
    He has the "vanilla" 980ti's from Nvidia.
    he already said that it was from MSI, not some vanilla version, btw GTX 980 Ti tend to have higher temp, around 80-90 is still a safe temperature for 980, you can check it in this link

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages...-review,9.html

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/...g-version.html

Quote Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
    A properly cooled GTX 590 (not 950) can reach 70s in idle and 98 under maximum load, according to Nvidia themselves. Nowadays high-end GPUs tend to be hotter during normal loads too.

If you want to lower the temperature of your GPU without any visible quality/performance loss, try using Nvidia Inspector and set the Frame Rate Limiter of your Global Driver Profile to 2 fps below your monitor's refresh rate.
    That should not only improve the stability and longevity of your system, but actual performance as well, since the overall tower/laptop temperature will decrease.
    In my case, it fixed a lot of microstuttering.

Quote Originally Posted by fuusen_gum View Post
    he already said that it was from MSI, not some vanilla version, btw GTX 980 Ti tend to have higher temp, around 80-90 is still a safe temperature for 980, you can check it in this link

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages...-review,9.html

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/...g-version.html
    I could have sworn that he said he had the blower style cooler on them. A few pages back :O

Maybe i'm "trippin'" =P

That said even if they are from MSI they can still be the vanilla reference design ones. They don't have to be ones with a tweaked pcb or a new cooler on them. Infact most of the third party companies do release cards with the default blower style cooler too.

I have one regular MSI 980 ti card and one MSI Gaming 980 ti card with Twin Frozr cooling.
    Just for the sake of completion.

Again, many tests are saying that these cards do indeed get to higher temperatures when they work in gaming mode, but I can't get my head around it. Nothing justifies the card getting hot from running PSO2 in 1080p. In 4k, yeah, sure, but not in 1080p.
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

Quote Originally Posted by Saffran View Post
    I have one regular MSI 980 ti card and one MSI Gaming 980 ti card with Twin Frozr cooling.
    Just for the sake of completion.

Again, many tests are saying that these cards do indeed get to higher temperatures when they work in gaming mode, but I can't get my head around it. Nothing justifies the card getting hot from running PSO2 in 1080p. In 4k, yeah, sure, but not in 1080p.
    with the inspector settings, the game becomes pretty GPU heavy and taxing
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

sorry for the double post but, this is something weird i've been noticing with reflective surfaces. is this just another sega fuck up?

Spoiler!
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    sorry for the double post but, this is something weird i've been noticing with reflective surfaces. is this just another sega fuck up?

Spoiler!
    Since we tend to force AA and AF with Inspector Settings, there are bound to be fuck-ups. Try to see if something appears normal first WITHOUT the inspector settings acting on the game. I remember some settings messing things up in the past.

Also, updating drivers resets inspector settings and sometimes a new driver changes the layout on how the card works. Good Luck.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"