Exactly how old must a topic be before it's declared dead? I realize that this'd probly fall under the mod's judgment, but I was wondering if you could give me a general range.

It's not that I make a habit of bumping old topics, it just bothers me that I don't know. :/

I think it's around 1 week to 2 weeks.

2 weeks for boards that move a bit faster. 4 weeks for slower ones such as the PSO ones (General, M/Q/I/ID, and Ep 3). Trading I am unsure of. FKL is its own world (as in, it depends on the moderator's moods it seems and what topic it was according to my observances).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2007-05-21 15:20 ]</font>

Thanks.

Call me if theres any E-Drama

FKL probably around 2-3 days.
    Christ we get so many topics in that.....

Well in FKL a topic can easily die in one day. ;]

Also in its own little category, Trades and Fanworks tend to be a bit more lenient to any period of time, so long as it is the original thread creator updating the thread with relevant information or updates. If you had posted half a fic in Fanworks about two years ago and suddenly found the drive to continue with a new chapter, you could definitely update it and post within the original thread rather than recreate it.

good to know :3

On 2007-05-21 16:19, Mixfortune wrote:
    Also in its own little category, Trades and Fanworks tend to be a bit more lenient to any period of time, so long as it is the original thread creator updating the thread with relevant information or updates. If you had posted half a fic in Fanworks about two years ago and suddenly found the drive to continue with a new chapter, you could definitely update it and post within the original thread rather than recreate it.
    The general rule I go by in Fan Works, is that the creator of an on-going work can bump his or her own thread to add to the work, even if the incompleted work in question is from 2001 (this applies mostly to fan fictions). People wanting to comment on an older work should send a PM to its creator, instead of bumping the thread.

I'm not crazy about artists using the same thread to post all of their works (it makes it a little more difficult on my part to notice when a new work is ready for the gallery), but I allow it because some artists seem more comfortable that way.

A moderator long since gone once said that a good rule of thumb for knowing when not to bump a thread, is this: don't bump a thread if it's not on the first page. This doesn't quite work for faster moving forums, like PSU General can be, but for most of the others, it works fairly well.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

Yeah, I generally stick to the page one rule, but I wanted to know anyway 'cause it bothered me that I didn't know.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2007-05-21 22:23 ]</font>