Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Expansion ?

Rawr RAWR says the she bear... lokey013's Avatar

I would love an expansion....or even better if they updated the visuals without slowdown >_>
    My cat's breath smells like cat food

www.myspace.com/lokey013

pvp in this game would be so overly broken, kind of like hunters in wow. haha

Lol, This guy saw this thread:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...75206&forum=20

Then he decided that it qualified as a rumor. I've heard nobody else talking about this stuff outside of threads like these. Good job in trying to start a new rumor unsuccessfully.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

No, not for a long time.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

I think it's more likely we'll see a sequel to PSU rather than an expansion, which I think would be better anyways. I don't want the same character for three more years, and they could finally move this to PS3 and take advantage of next-gen stuff.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

What they said.

There will be one more expansion at least, I can almost guarantee that. As said, the current Ep III will be the last in the storyline, but a new expansion would bring those story missions offline and update content for those online with new weapons, features, items, etc. Might see a few story-related side missions here or there, but that's it. It'd be a pure content update and finish up the offline mode.

I've heard rumors that in the last expansion, Sega may allow you to download (only) your characters so that they're not lost when the servers shut down. But this is probably just a corruption of a somewhat similar PSP feature.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Even if it was the last story arc, could they not make an update that just includes online stuff? I'm sure most people don't care about the story anyway.

Having PvP is just the thing to boost the U.S server population. I'm sure Sega of Japan knows we're hurting over here, they have spies. I won't dismiss anything until the game servers shut down.

Would it be a good move? Yes, and so would bringing teams back or some sort of guild function. Likely for either? No. But until the game shuts down anything is possible.

The first expansion was a rumor everyone shunned when it made its rounds. Absolutely nobody believed there would be an expansion and that the idea of one was preposterous. Then Ambition of the Illuminus was announced. The nay sayers where silenced.

IMHO? I'd say get the japanese version of the PSP handheld(unless US and JP servers are merged) and forget about PSU on PC/PS2 and 360. PSU will never be as great as it can be because of the PS2 version and its limitations with no HDD. The PSP? Memory sticks are cheap as hell and the PSP is going to stay around for a long time.

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

But...the PSP one doesn't have true MMO-style play, from what I understand. It's a gimped version that just lets you play online with 4 other people, and doesn't plan to update like the PC/PS2/360 versions.