Thread: Trivia event

Default Trivia event

I didn't really want to post this on here and sound like a whiner, but everyone is telling me it's not whining if I fairly won, so here goes.

This is in regards to the first session of RubyEclipse's PSO trivia event last night.

I got three points when the trivia was over.

"Ian" got 2, "Naniko" got 2, "Cerise" got 2.

Somehow we all ended up in a finalist match. The answer was "Muut Ditts Poumn". Ian and Cerise said "Mutt Ditts Poumn" and I said "Muut Ditts Poumn" after them. And spelling was earlier said by RubyEclipse to count.

And I got runner-up. My prize? A Raikasobrac board and 1,000,000 meseta.

Cerise's runner-up prize? De Ragan Slayic and Okanoh boards.

Ian's prize? Inflatable Pete (1st prize), Cati/Power, some nanopolymers, 500k, Crimson board.

Ruby and I have had our differences in the past, but I assumed Ruby would actually start being impartial now that he's a Game Master, and it seems I assumed wrong.

And here's him declaring me the winner of the 3 questions I got right (I have the rest of the logs for anyone interested).

13:22:30 <Public> Ruby Eclipse(20045209)
    Angra Mainyu

13:40:21 <Public> Ruby Eclipse(20045209)
    Angra Mainyu is correct

13:47:33 <Public> Ruby Eclipse(20045209)
    Angra Mainyu takes the point
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

And I got runner-up. My prize? A Raikasobrac board and 1,000,000 meseta.
    Total worth: 1,000,001 meseta!
    Cerise's runner-up prize? De Ragan Slayic and Okanoh boards.
    Total worth: a lot.
    Ian's prize? Inflatable Pete (1st prize), Cati/Power, some nanopolymers, 500k, Crimson board.
    Total worth: a lot.

Wow... Yeah, you have a right to rant.

Out of curiousity, what did first place get besides the Pete doll?

EDIT: Oh, Ian got first. <_<
    Last edited by Kylie; Jun 7, 2008 at 12:24 PM.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

In terms of real life prizes? Just the Pete doll. In terms of game prizes? They're listed right there ;p
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

Quote Originally Posted by beatrixkiddo View Post
    In terms of real life prizes? Just the Pete doll. In terms of game prizes? They're listed right there ;p
    Yeah, I see that. >_>; Welp. It looks to me like Ruby either has no idea whatsoever about our economy and what things are worth, or he played blatant favorites.

I bet they were random boards he picked up and he gave them out just by seeing how many stars each item had.

Usually, rants involving other members of this or other communities never run well.
    Your concerns would likely best be resolved through PMs if you haven't already gone that route.

I'm not so sure ranting about a GM falls under the "don't talk bad about other members" thing; otherwise, there's a lot of modding to be done in PSU General.

approximate quotes.
    Gattaca: "this seems like a pretty cool event"
    Aiya: "really it seems like an open invitation to alot of immature spam like most GM run psu events"

and when the event actually was in effect
    Ruby "one second, i need to take care of spammers"
    Gio: "he's going around blisting all of the spammers"
    Aiya "that could take a really long time"

but that really sucks for you not getting a fair price. the whole event was a slap stick excuse for an event. if they wanted people to participate seriously; they'd have posted it ahead of time with rules, locations, times and over all participation instructions. as far as GM's, i'd group it in the category of overall ST bashing and not another member. you might try PMing Ruby if you didn't agree with the outcome. The one i went to he said "question 5" twice (4, 5, 5, 6), and with all the spam it wouldn't surprise me if they messed up, personal agendas aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylie View Post
    I'm not so sure ranting about a GM falls under the "don't talk bad about other members" thing; otherwise, there's a lot of modding to be done in PSU General.
    Bah, I forgot about the whole GM thing now, they've been a member on this site for a long time now, and that's how I usually remember the name.

Still, PMs? Oh well.

Well, Ruby has addressed my particular concerns, so a lock is in order here I suppose ;o