View Poll Results: Is PSP the death of PSU, or is it a rebirth?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Death

0 0%
  • Rebirth

24 88.89%
  • I'm still playing PSO.

5 18.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

rebirth...maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Fry_Heit View Post
    The same way Monster Hunter Freedom and its two sequels pwn the original games. I really see in PS: P a kind of "Monster Hunter effect", or at least I hope so, and I'm sure Sega is hoping the same.
    Anyway I'm also enjoying more the PSP version than I enjoy the original game. Not the whole of it though (I love go shopping, and here you cannot ), but being able to play everywhere is just awesome. Plus it's a real PSU, not just some kind of quick-made game. I think it is bound to have more success than the real game has, seriously.
    I still prefer the orginal PS2 Monster Hunter :/...
    Waiting for Phantasy Star Online 2.~

Yeah, I noticed that Sega is trying to milk the Monster Hunter effect, also.

And also, sorry, but Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G is far superior to Monster Hunter. :/ They just did the game so much more justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizeragi View Post
    None, PSP won't have all the missions that PSU does, it won't have near as many items.
    PSP was not meant for online (cap will be 100, PA's cap at 30) PSU is an online game.
    How does an offline game beat an online one? (Not including ST's current screwups)
    PSU is fairly lacking as far as unique and creative weapons goes. I don't know about you, but I'd rather play a game with a few cute looking weapons I'll enjoy hunting and prancing around with than play a game with 100+ boring re-skins or defaultish looking blades and guns. I think the demo alone is already kicking PSU's butt in terms of loot. Even if there's not as much of it, it's alot more interesting.

Not as many missions? So? I was always of the mind that PSU has too many useless missions, anyways. Half (if not more..) don't drop anything worthwhile, and nobody even runs them. Again, I'd rather have a few good missions with stuff to find than a bunch of re-skins and and rearraged maps that have zero reward.

And offline games beat online games by not sucking like their online counterparts do. Being online doesn't automatically make something better, especially if the quality of the content isn't up to par (which in PSU it isn't).

ANYWAYS,

I don't think this will be a rebirth or the death of PSU. I think fans of PSU that have stuck with it this long probably aren't going to give up on it yet. They'll probably play PSP, and they'll probably enjoy it, but it's not like you can't play more than one game at a time. Fans of the series will probably bounce between the two.

As for bringing newcomers to the series... I'm not really convinced that'll happen to a significant degree. People that pick up PSP, if not current PSU players, will probably be people who gave up on the game in the first few months and know how crappy PSU is. I wouldn't expect many that haven't already tried PSU to try PSP.

Marshmallow | Female Newman lvl. 143
    Fortetecher lvl. 20 | Acrotecher lvl. 20 | Wartecher lvl. 10 | Masterforce lvl. 4 (lol)
    Other characters: Tulip (beast FF), Holly Bee (human PT), and Morning Chimes (cast GT).

It might stir up some curiosity, but otherwise this shouldn't affect PSU like, at all. It can't replace it feasibly in any way, shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaloa View Post
    And offline games beat online games by not sucking like their online counterparts do. Being online doesn't automatically make something better, especially if the quality of the content isn't up to par (which in PSU it isn't).
    Well said. Couldn't agree more.

I just like the fact that weapons, and armor, and grind materials drop now.

It pissed me off that I had to craft almost everything, in PSU.

definetly rebirth this demo is awsome i got it yesterday

For me and my group (well, brothers) who were huge on the offline multiplayer aspect of PSOGC, and phasing out of online PSU, will definitely be a huge rebirth/spark for us. Granted most of us happen to also have PSPs now, so it's certainly a lovely coincidence/circumstance.

PSU will most likely die for me upon the release of PSP. Sick of the support, sick of the community, sick of the anti-eliti....er...I mean noo...err... "Angry casual players". PSU just generally arouses anger for me. =]