Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RARE drops

Question RARE drops

in pso 1&2 for gamecube the drop charts on psow have always been correct but i was wondering is the only rare you can get from an enemy the one listed on the drop chart?

Shalo the Katana Warrior/Furrypaws Lacker ofTitle furrypaws's Avatar

You can only find one kind of rare item from a certain enemy. In other words, if you're a Bluefull, the Hildetorr on Ultimate will only drop you a Heavens Punisher; he won't drop you a Frozen Shooter.

You can, however, often find the same item from two enemies. For instance, as a Bluefull, I can find the Vjaya from a Nar Lilly on Hard, a Hildeblue on Hard, a Pouilly Slime on Hard, an Evil Shark on Hard, and according to the search bar, the list goes on for 41 more spots.

Also, they can drop other items. For instance, you could be hunting a Booma for a booma arm and it could drop a monomate, or you could be hunting a Hildetorr for a Frozen Shooter and it could drop a Photon Drop. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I heard once that rare enemies must drop something, whether it be a Monofluid or the rare item you're looking for. I can't tell for sure, as out of the 5 I've seen so far, three dropped the rare I wanted, so 2 drops isn't enough to tell.
    Last edited by furrypaws; Jul 30, 2008 at 01:13 PM.

i mean like how do ppl get like really rare weps like chainsawd and akikos frying pan when the drop chart says the only rare you can get is like a bravace or a durandal?

Quote Originally Posted by MAD1b View Post
    in pso 1&2 for gamecube the drop charts on psow have always been correct but i was wondering is the only rare you can get from an enemy the one listed on the drop chart?
    the rare drop yes, but enemys can also drop other stuff like phonton drops, units, materials, healing items.......

i know that much but what im getting at is there a way to get any other rare than what the chart says?

also dcplayer are you kireekpso from youtube?

yes i am....

well, the chart only indicates the rare drop, but other weapons can drop, as for finding other weapons, make a new char with a different ID, that will trigger different drops meaning you will find different rares.

ok thanks but i knew about all that i was just wondering if the only RARE you could get was the one listed i knew everything else you guys told me so thanks for the info.

The rare drop indicated by the chart is the only rare you can get from that monster for your section ID. To get any other rare from said monster you must have a different ID.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

Quote Originally Posted by furrypaws View Post
    You can only find one kind of rare item from a certain enemy. In other words, if you're a Bluefull, the Hildetorr on Ultimate will only drop you a Holy Ray; he won't drop you a Frozen Shooter.
    It's Heaven Punisher.

Shalo the Katana Warrior/Furrypaws Lacker ofTitle furrypaws's Avatar

Quite right, my mistake. They sound like they have the same general use and they come from the same area.