Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

All melee weapons are flat while guns are the only slightly built things in PSU.
    No matter how cool a melee weap is, it kills your joy when you turn it just so so it looks like a paper cut out. Guess that's why I've takin more intrest in ranged classes lately. That is the definte difference between PSO and PSU weapons to me.

I think it's really funny how stereotypically the special touches of the producer's are. :P

Tenora = Barbaric (No, not kubara, like; rather of or relating to a Barbarian) = Underclassed underveloped weaponry

GRM = Just look at those rifles and other guns...just "LOL TYPICAL ROBOT GUN" weps..

And Yohmei, as much as I like the designs it's like a merged, messy baby between LOLELVES, FINAL FANTASIES, and something I'll generally look gay with on my main DreXxiN...

Which is fine, considering he is quite the hot metrosexual.
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

I happen to like sleek or slightly rigid designs, so mostly GRM and Tenora (to an extent.) I'm a bit of a gun nut in real life, so naturally I love the more tame/realistic-ish designs than the ORNAMENTS EVERYWHERE look that most Yohmei stuff has. (PSO's Yasminkov/Rianov series > all. Except you, Yas 3000R, nobody likes you.)

Tenora's guns are fracking awesome, like the B-rank handguns and mechguns, and all their shotguns up until Shigga "IMMA FIRIN' MAH PORCUPINE/LASER LIGHT SHOW" Pakuda. The S-rank crossbows are nice, too, except Cubo "OH GOD MY EYES" Simba. Not all of it I like, though, like the A-rank handguns and mechs. Sure, they SOUND awesome, but they were just too radically different, the handguns were rifle sized and looked like they even had a collapsible rifle stock on them (Still kinda cool, though, but I was expecting something like the Varista, personally.), whereas the new mechgun was this prickly wheel thing.

On the GRM side, there's Rattlesnake and Love Inferno, which by the way IS a cool looking gun... if it, you know, wasn't covered in that garish red and all those hearts... I also have a strange attraction to the Meteor Cannon. Other than that, it's the handguns (Except Storm/Twin Tornado, ugh.), the rifles, the the A-rank and up mechs that do it for me.

Aaaaand I'm ending this wall of text.

I enjoy the fact that they broke up the weaps into the three main categories. I just wish every weapon (besides the higher ranked) didn't have it's 2 clones by another company. a few should do this, to make the game feel more social.... but by giving every type of player (melee, ranged and force) the option of every weap... they made all weapons generic, in my opinion.. plus, as I've complained about before, most weapons above the base A rank should have animations and effects, those effects getting more intense the higher the weapon.

and I agree with Mag_launcher.... the yohmei guns needed to start out boring, like everything else, and only get really ornamental when they are really powerful.

the devisions make sense though. I don't have issue with the different brands idea.. I still feel like the weapons look too cool at the lower levels, and don't look cool enough at the higher levels.

Corruption detected in trainer card

--drexxin, I don't know if I would call tenora weapons underclassed, or barbaric, but rather boasting of strength and aggression.

but to each his own..

Corruption detected in trainer card

Quote Originally Posted by thematesV2 View Post
    I've complained about before, most weapons above the base A rank should have animations and effects, those effects getting more intense the higher the weapon.

I still feel like the weapons look too cool at the lower levels, and don't look cool enough at the higher levels.
    I agree with this. Animations and effects is what make RARE weapons stand out and look specail. Though all of them should have them but a lil bit more could.

Also I agree with the more cool looking lower ranks weapons than higher ones.

What I think would be cool is a rod that was just a staff of wood, maybe with some glowy spirals on it, so i can walk around with my techer and not see a ball the size of my head on the end of a rod... I think that they should come out with some bare basic weps too lie the sange, now thats a cool wep.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrz View Post
    The only weapon I truly love the way it looks. Others I just think are cool.
    http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d2...3-23-39-34.jpg
    Spoiler!

I'm with him on this one.

Spoiler!

Also, this.
    Spoiler!

Anyway. Yeah. I don't like the Reskined weapons at all. The Kubara knockoffs are fine, for obvious reasons. (Gudda Hon being Beast only, Halarod being Newman only.. Some weapons being one particular element. It goes on)
    But come on. "+" Weapons? Fail. And what's worse is you can't synth them, you'd probably have to trade the weapon you hauled ass for, only to get an upgraded version of the weapon, which can possibly turn out to be a Low % No grind PoS.
    And as for the PSO weapons being B and A ranks... LOL, are you serious? They should have made them S ranks and called it a day.

I like how most of the weapons look but the reskins are kinda over used XD

Isn't easy being the coolest acrotecher in Gurhal ErtaiClou's Avatar

I feel we could without more of the weapons from previous games. Yeah they're great tributes but what will we remember from PSU besides rucar and kan-yu? Also they shouldn't be so conservative on the guns. Don't be afraid to had an icy fog spilling from the chambers or pulsating contours like the walls in Electronic Brain. Bullets are they only thing they should be considering in making a gun really stand out. I am interested to see some of the gun designs in PSP though.
    Last edited by ErtaiClou; Dec 3, 2008 at 03:01 PM.