Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718

Thread: PSO stuff

I... don't see what that has to do with tekker chime... which is what we're doing now (or were doing... it seems everyone forgot about it). If you are trying to describe a tekker chime theory though, it sounds like it's going to head for one we've already busted, and that would be "Equippalbe Items", but that's just from what I can see from it, basically from here:

Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix123 View Post
    Depending on the class you choose, you get a certain drop rate of certain weapons: IE Ranger = higher gun drop rate.

Also your Section ID determines a drop rate for certain weapons as well: IE Skyly = sword style weapons.
    This is what made my decision if you were trying to convert this into a tekker chime theory. If you meant something else by it, I'm sorry. And for clarification, I'm quite certain that the class your character is has nothing to do with the drop rates... it's just the ID. I could be wrong though... I've never actually even heard of that kind of info, so I very well might be wrong.

oh no sorry, you suggested i submit a theory i might have, so i did, but this is a seperate theory, not one that has something to do with one that you already have
    and if i may suggest something about your theory in progress

today i found a Flowens Sword, and i got a chime, so what i think about the chime is, you get a chime if you have an identical weapon in your Check Room and that the chime basically says "hey, you already have one of these, you don't need two of this."
    I get it very frequently considering i have at least one of every weapon style

I am a RAcaseal to know what you are take the quiz here.
    http://www.pso-world.com/quiz1.php
    My doors on MSN/AIM are always open, if anyone would like to talk to me.

Um, nope, that's not the case. I've heard the chime on weapons I've never received before. I'm almost certain my current theory is correct.

As for the Section IDs and drop rates, well, yours is right, Phoenix. The class of your character does determine what you find more of when it comes to basic weapons. Hunters find more Sabers, Rangers find more Handguns, and Forces find more Canes.* Everything else is determined by Section ID, and some weapons will be more common while others more rare (like your Skyly example, they find lots of Swords and very few Mechguns).

*Usually in the form of 9-star rares from crates

Hmm, so I was wrong... well, it turned into knowledge... At first, that sounded like it'd be an interesting theory, but we've all pretty much had a weapon that chimed that we've never recieved before. I should've been a little more clear when I said you can submit a theory... that we're working on this right now. Sorry if I did manage to confuse you.

no problem.....now back to the theory..........perhaps the chime sounds depending on not only the weapon, but the tekker who appraised it for you. Since each tekker does things a little differently from the "other" tekkers, maybe the chime sounds for different reasons.

I am a RAcaseal to know what you are take the quiz here.
    http://www.pso-world.com/quiz1.php
    My doors on MSN/AIM are always open, if anyone would like to talk to me.

That would be in the specialty department... hey, you might be on to something. That would be adding section ID to the mix, and I think we've already came up with a theory for that. For now though, we're going to use halibabica's theory, since it is the strongest so far. You wouldn't mind finding ways to put that to the test for us, would you? As for me, my theory is a bust. Boxes vs. enemies, as far as I can tell, have no effect on the chime. I've began recently though, so... I'll keep at it and see what I can find.

so, did anyone ever find wut makes different sounds on tekkers (who ressed it i resses it)(i didnt even know they had different chimes)

No, we never were able to figure it out. And, please don't bump topics this old Although it's nice seeing it back up here again... It's already pretty much served its purpose, and we just kinda gave up and assumed that the tekker chime is just some random occurance.

Who dugged this up? Oh Kyrith. Figures

Do not bump threads this old, if you please.

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe