Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: PSO stuff

Sorry for not contributing for a while, fell into a little slump. I'll tekk some weapons with my ranger. The good thing is I finally reached hard with him, so after this list, uncommon weapons found would be from Hard mode. : D

*will edit soon*

Don't worry about it Ranmaru. I've been putting it off for C-Mode (too lazy to check the other posts to see if I already said this or not. It's bad, I know, so DON'T DO IT KIDS!) I'm probably gonna stop C-Moding anyways soon, stuck on a stage. Besides, now I'm after a Double Cannon, since I found out I can get it in offline (yay!) I shall be back, with contributions!

Professional Screw-up. 3---Hit---U's Avatar

Ah, sorry, I should have made that clearer.

All of your assumptions were wrong.

Im saying you have a level 1 person, go and get 3 rare swords, all of which have a fire attribute.

Now as them being your first things, you go and tekk them.

The first would automatically chime because it is the "best" you have gotten with and percents, but let's say its a base of 20/0/0/0

The second would have a base of 10/0/0/0 and would not chime because its under the "best" percents.

The third would have a base of 30/0/0/0 and WOULD chime, as it's percents are the largest.

Sorry for the confusion

~Joey
    Last edited by 3---Hit---U; Dec 29, 2008 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Cleared up my post.

He is liking the Coca~Cola

Found two ???? Berdy's today... No chime on a Heart Berdy's +5[30% Na., 20% A. Be.]. And a Chime on a Burning Berdy's +3[0% allllll around]

I finally have some info on the tekker chime. I used the approach I suggested and tekkered the same item over and over without saving.

It was a Soul Raygun +1 with 20% Native. The only time I ever got a chime was when it was tekkered as a Geist Raygun. It chimed for Geist regardless of grind and photon. It never chimed for Soul or Mind, even when the photon peaked at 30%. This character has also gotten Geist Rayguns before.

I was a Greennill RAmar, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Seems fairly conclusive to me...but still doesn't answer all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by 3---Hit---U View Post
    Ah, sorry, I should have made that clearer.

All of your assumptions were wrong.

Im saying you have a level 1 person, go and get 3 rare swords, all of which have a fire attribute.

Now as them being your first things, you go and tekk them.

The first would automatically chime because it is the "best" you have gotten with and percents, but let's say its a base of 20/0/0/0

The second would have a base of 10/0/0/0 and would not chime because its under the "best" percents.

The third would have a base of 30/0/0/0 and WOULD chime, as it's percents are the largest.

Sorry for the confusion

~Joey
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up. If this is the case, then we might have to start keeping track of weapon individually to see if the result is the same for each of them. I must say, out of all the theories, this one had attracted my attention the most.

Quote Originally Posted by halibabica View Post
    I finally have some info on the tekker chime. I used the approach I suggested and tekkered the same item over and over without saving.

It was a Soul Raygun +1 with 20% Native. The only time I ever got a chime was when it was tekkered as a Geist Raygun. It chimed for Geist regardless of grind and photon. It never chimed for Soul or Mind, even when the photon peaked at 30%. This character has also gotten Geist Rayguns before.

I was a Greennill RAmar, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Seems fairly conclusive to me...but still doesn't answer all the questions.
    Did you find the Geist Raygun on Ult (most likely, but I have found a Breaker in Normal Forest 2 from a box before with Skyly, so...) and tek it with the same character? Just asking, because if the answer is yes to both of these, than the rarer-than-usual theory is out the window.

On a side note, I honestly thought that this wouldn't get as much attnetion as this I thank you all for helping me to uncover the truth behind the tekker chime.

It really sounds like the chime denotes that you've gotten the strongest possible special variable on a particular weapon. That doesn't necessarily mean that it got the strongest special, just the strongest one available to that particular weapon. I think we're getting close... It's time for me to start rockin' the research! *Game Cube turn on!*

Quote Originally Posted by Nisoth View Post
    It really sounds like the chime denotes that you've gotten the strongest possible special variable on a particular weapon. That doesn't necessarily mean that it got the strongest special, just the strongest one available to that particular weapon. I think we're getting close... It's time for me to start rockin' the research! *Game Cube turn on!*
    From what I get from this, it sounds like each weapon can only go up to a certain level for each type (for example, a Handgun (as far as I know) can only go up to Drain). Of course, I might be wrong on this, but this is what I understand of it. If this is not what you meant by this, than by all mean, please do correct me. It does seem like we are getting close to the conclusion of this.

I think my "strongest available special" theory got tossed so far:
    Redria HUnewearl - Mines 1/Ultimate
    ???? Diska +1 (0/0/40/0/0)
    Storm Diska +1 (+0%) - Yes
    Thunder Diska (+5%) - No
    Shock Diska +1 (+0%) - No

So far, so good, but take a look at my next findings...

Same run:
    ???? Laser +2 (0/30/50/0/0)
    Berserk Laser +2 (+0%) - Yes
    Berserk Laser (+0%) - No
    Berserk Laser +2 (+0%) - Yes

Judging by my data so far, it could be a combination of Special Level + Grinds. However, Habalacia noted that they heard the chime on a Geist Raygun regardless of grind. It seems to at least have a bit to do with Special Level. I'm still Tekking these Items. I'll update momentarily.

Quote Originally Posted by psofan219 View Post
    Did you find the Geist Raygun on Ult (most likely, but I have found a Breaker in Normal Forest 2 from a box before with Skyly, so...) and tek it with the same character? Just asking, because if the answer is yes to both of these, than the rarer-than-usual theory is out the window.
    Yes and yes. Also, I think it does have to do with the "best special possible" for a given weapon. The Raygun I tekkered was supposed to be Soul, but chimed when it became Geist. But, the Raygun I tekkered before it was Geist (to begin with) and the tekker didn't chime for that one. I can't cross check it since I don't have the weapon anymore, but it seems to be within the context of the weapon being tekkered.