Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: PSO stuff

Right. If we can it to chime, then not chime on the same weapon then that means that weapon type has no bearing on the chime. I wonder if it isn't just totally random? I don't think that's likely, but it's a definite possibility. That would be a strange thing to randomize...

Quote Originally Posted by halibabica View Post
    I don't know if we'll find a correlation making lists like this. Perhaps a more scientific approach would help...

Next time you're tekking a unknown weapon, argue with the tekker for a while and see what things it could possibly be (like if it's Flame, but could be Fire or Burning). Maybe check %'s, too. Anyway, save with the weapon still a mystery, and then tek it for different results to see if the chime plays. As long as you never save after tekking it, you can find out which results play the chime and which don't. This might be even easier with a duplicated unknown weapon.

Just a suggestion, one I'll try if someone else doesn't first.
    Go ahead and try it, and thanks for the suggestion. There's just a problem I see in it though. Say someone were to do as you said, get a Fire Saber, hear the chime, then do it again, and get something higher like a Flame. You would hear the chime on the Flame since you heard it on Fire because Flame is harder to come across, and vice-versa, meaning it you could get a lower one and not hear the chime. I never really thought of that suggestion though. I think I'll give it a shot once and see what I get. I have almost 40000 Meseta to burn, so I'll see what I can get out of it.

This list was made with my BLUEFULL HUmar, Lance. (Lvl 94) :

Vjaya - No percent, No chime heard.
    Angry Fist - (Machine - 30%) Chime heard.
    Fire Heat Repeater - (Dark - 30%) No chime heard.
    Vjaya - (A.Beast - 35%, Machine - 15%) No Chime heard.
    Vjaya - no percent, No chime heard.
    Vjaya - (Dark - 10%) No chime heard.
    Gae Bolg - (Native - 20%, A.Beast 10%, Dark - 10%) No chime heard.
    Devil's Diska - No chime, No percents.
    Angry Fist - (Machine - 5%, Dark - 5%) No chime heard.
    Angry Fist - (Machine - 15%, Dark - 15%, Hit - 10%) No chime heard.
    Gae Bolg - (A.Beast - 5%) No chime heard.
    Gae Bolg - (Dark - 30%) No chime heard.
    Last edited by Ranmaru; Dec 25, 2008 at 12:46 PM.

Hmm, well, we have two different methods going on right now, so maybe we could reach a conclusion faster. Thanks to my brother, I have to restart my data. He got jealous when I was able to buy a 4-slotted armor in the shop, so he freakin' erases my data. Not that it matters, since I was only LV18. Anyways, good work Ranmaru, as well as for all those who use the 'scientific approach' method as stated above. That sounds like it could take some time, but I bet we'll uncover more about this faster then.

I'm sorry to hear that, heh, I was also able to buy one too (4 slot Dragon Frame), but he should know it costs alot of meseta. ;3

dudes n dudettes, y'allz is watin' yo time. da little chime is just fo correct guesses. every1 nos dat

Uh, I can barely read that, but it doesn't make sense even so. We don't know why the tekker sometimes chimes and sometimes doesn't, and we're trying to find out what makes it happen. If everybody knew, we wouldn't be wondering.

And PSO is a time-waster game anyway, so why not try and solve the mystery?

Exactly, you do your runs, and then you tekk your items. It would have been done either way. (You'd want a King or Chaos weapon, so you would tekk)

Plus, if you DON'T play PSO or any MMO, you are WASTING time by doing something else. Somehow, some way, you are wasting time, because time cannot be UNwasted.

Although, you can be more productive, but thats about it.
    Last edited by Ranmaru; Dec 25, 2008 at 08:48 PM.

Exactly. We don't know for certain if that's what the chime means or not. As stated by halibabica, that's why we're doing this, to see what it's for. If you're not going to contribute to this, then please don't post about it. And I had somewhat of a hard time reading your message. Please try to post more clearly in the future, so it's not so hard to read. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by halibabica View Post
    Uh, I can barely read that, but it doesn't make sense even so. We don't know why the tekker sometimes chimes and sometimes doesn't, and we're trying to find out what makes it happen. If everybody knew, we wouldn't be wondering.

And PSO is a time-waster game anyway, so why not try and solve the mystery?
    wut da hell u mean it dont make sense? learn 2 read and it will

Quote Originally Posted by Ranmaru View Post
    Exactly, you do your runs, and then you tekk your items. It would have been done either way. (You'd want a King or Chaos weapon, so you would tekk)

Plus, if you DON'T play PSO or any MMO, you are WASTING time by doing something else. Somehow, some way, you are wasting time, because time cannot be UNwasted.

Although, you can be more productive, but thats about it.
    wut da hell r u talkin bout?

Quote Originally Posted by psofan219 View Post
    Exactly. We don't know for certain if that's what the chime means or not. As stated by halibabica, that's why we're doing this, to see what it's for. If you're not going to contribute to this, then please don't post about it. And I had somewhat of a hard time reading your message. Please try to post more clearly in the future, so it's not so hard to read. Thanks.
    and u, its also clear 2 read. learn 2 read, dude!!!

and dats wut it there for. if yalls wants to go ahead and do pointless shit, go ahead.