Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redoing Quests

Question Redoing Quests

Edit: first and foremost, i am playing the PC version of Phantasy star online ver.2, with a Purplenum ID, i have completed the game once and unlocked hard mode for the character in question but did not complete all the optional quests

Ok, i know that once having completed all quests online it is possible to redo them, but what i wanted to know is how this works in relation to getting items like the soul eater and suchlike.

if i tell sue my name does that immediately make me unable to get the soul eater on that difficulty level? if i redo that quest and dont tell her my name does that allow me to continue on the path to attaining it. if i do the black paper quest BEFORE dr ostos quest can i redo it to continue on the accepted path to getting the soul eater?

i love this game very much but the item system, Section ID, Mag's, weapon types and just about everything ABOUT the game is so [Expletive Deleted] Confusing, i would enjoy it a lot more if the game was straightforward but given the unlikelihood of this happening ill settle for someone helping me out in this instance
    Last edited by Lord_baxter; Dec 10, 2008 at 08:09 AM. Reason: confusing setup

Beat all the quests 1st, then all will be avaiable and you can do them as many times as you wish, this for example is required since you need to get into the same quest twice to get the akikos frying pan.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_PLAYER View Post
    Beat all the quests 1st, then all will be avaiable and you can do them as many times as you wish, this for example is required since you need to get into the same quest twice to get the akikos frying pan.
    but in the case of the dr osto quest, does telling suzy my name first off invalidate my chances of ever getting the soul eater

this isnt the situation im in, my situatuion is that i did black paper and am only now starting dr ostos quest

i got to know this stuff, im obsessive like that

I'm pretty sure you have to do it right the first time to get the Soul Eater event chain to work. You can't go back and change what you did the first time to make it different. You'll just have to try again in a different mode. I'd recommend looking up what you need to do beforehand and making carefully sure not to mess up any choices that you can't take back.

I'm not sure. I wouldn't see why you wouldn't be able to, as long as you didn't get it already. Anyways, a question I have isn't related to Soul Eater, but is somewhat related to this topic. I play the GC version of PSO (Ep. 1 & 2, to be exact), and I want to know, during some missions, like the Secret Delivery, if you talk to someone, you get a WEAPONS Emblem from him, then he tells you to go find the other four members and then you'll find their boss. Is this just a waste of time, or can you really find all the WEAPONS members? This is offline I'm asking about. I thank all in advance for any advice. I have searched around for that, but my search turned up nothing. Thanks again in advance.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...cle&artid=1236

about the soul eater subplot, i believe you need to do those set of quests in 1 go doing exactly what they tell you in the guide, saying sue your name does not invalidate the plot, if you did tell your name, then do all the quests and then start from the beguining, meaning you will start by not telling sue your name.

about the soul eater subplot, i believe you need to do those set of quests in 1 go doing exactly what they tell you in the guide, saying sue your name does not invalidate the plot, if you did tell your name, then do all the quests and then start from the beguining, meaning you will start by not telling sue your name.

I guess the only thing i can do is assume DC player's version of events works, if it doesnt work ill just have to redo the quest on hard () and assume that halibabica is correct.

ill try it today and see how it goes, ive got plenty of spare time

You don't have to do the quests all in exactly one go. You can save after each quest, then do the next one in line (or do an entirely different quest if you feel ilke it). As long as you do what the guide says to do, you'll acquire Soul Eater (this, I should know, because Soul Eater tends to be my favorite weapon to use with hunters, particularly HUcasts and HUnewearls.) I get it on all the difficulties each time I make another character, ha ha! I see that you don't play the same version as me (I play GC Ep. 1 & 2), but if it's anything of the same, what I stated above should apply to you as well.
    Last edited by psofan219; Dec 10, 2008 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Noticed different versions were played.

there is another thing i wanted to ask by the by, when i first met kireek he was level 64 or something ridiculous, is he equally strong when i fight him later? what chance would a level 30 hucast stand against him, assuming reasonably good equipment

It's been ages since I fought Kireek for his Soul Eater, and I honestly can't remember how tough he is. It doesn't tell you in-game what level he is when you fight him, but the third time you do is definitely one of the tougher Hunter vs. Hunter battles.

As for the WEAPONS members, yes, you can eventually find all of them. They're hidden about in different guild quests, and when you find all five, you can get Akiko's Frying Pan from their leader. You can probably find their locations in a guide somewhere, I don't remember them all. Been ages since I went after Akiko's Frying Pan, too!

Also, I may as well throw in that the same quest that leads to the Soul Eater can also get you the Ragol Ring if you follow a different path instead. I don't know how that works in V2, but you'd need GC PSO+ to get it offline.