Page 417 of 683 FirstFirst ... 317367407414415416417418419420427467517 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,170 of 6822

Well, yeah, it's over between me and the girl I was trying to get the attention of for good. Only, she doesn't even want me as a friend, but instead I get to be an acquaintance over twitter, which she said she avoided because of me after blaming a completely different group of people before.

This makes me seriously want to hurt myself. She was my motivation to improve as a person, and now I guess I'm suddenly fucking boring or something.

You should be your own motivation to improve yourself. Relying on others as a source for that only leaves you where you are now.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peejay View Post
    Well, yeah, it's over between me and the girl I was trying to get the attention of for good. Only, she doesn't even want me as a friend, but instead I get to be an acquaintance over twitter, which she said she avoided because of me after blaming a completely different group of people before.

This makes me seriously want to hurt myself. She was my motivation to improve as a person, and now I guess I'm suddenly fucking boring or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    You should be your own motivation to improve yourself. Relying on others as a source for that only leaves you where you are now.
    How can you love others when you can't love yourself?

It's cheesy poofs, but it's goddamn true.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Was jolted awake this morning to extreme chest pain and shortness of breath. Fun times.

Also, dry mouth, and we're out of bottled water. Balls.
    lol i prefer the term cotton mouth

@peejay

the only thing that will understand you is iron

go pump and jog, and you'll feel better. even if you don't wanna you should go regardless

above two posts are also completely correct. there are some guys that are relatively below average, i'd say a 4/10, that i know, but i still find them incredibly attractive mostly because of how they respect themselves but they aren't assholes about it. they're also funny, but they have a good amount of social experience and go out of their way to talk to people, which is necessary if you want to stop being socially retarded (not saying you are, but i know quite the number of people.)

it's funny, because you have to have a backbone, but you can't have too much, since that'll make you an asshole. if you have none, you're an incredibly unattractive pussy, even if aesthetically you're an 8/10.

if she thinks you're boring, fuck her, even though she may be right. fuck her in the sense that you recognize you may be boring, and you practice talking to people/read up on socializing skills so you're not boring anymore. prove her ass wrong and show her up.

20 bucks says that if you seriously practiced socializing with strangers at the mall every saturday afternoon for 3 months, if you ran into her again, she'd probably be attracted to you, so long as you put your skills to use, and acted like you've moved on. (as retarded as that sounds)
    Last edited by soulpimpwizzurd; Jul 22, 2012 at 05:08 AM.
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。
    -everything i type is completely serious and you should be offended no matter the content jaja-
    translated pre-OB skill trees link
    Ma name's Satoshi Sakai and I sell My room and My room accessories! Uh huh huh!

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Pretty much this. Plus being on the receiving end of that kind of obsessiveness can be kinda uncomfortable and often kill any potential relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Peejay View Post

Sounds like she's not as good a person as you think she is. If she is really that cold, then it's probably better you're not with her. Just from what I've seen at least....
    "Blade" M Beast Fighmaster of "Ten Star V" from Xbox 360 PSU.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xBladeM6x

Motivating myself to improve myself is pretty difficult as is, considering I have enough wrong with me to make independent living at best, improbable. That still is a goal, but it's a hell of a long ways off.

Also, our mutual friends before this were rather abusive to me. You ever get told "Don't get mad, but you don't have tits so I don't care what you think". I ended up getting word from only two people that they were saying some really unsavoury things about me as it is. Maybe it is a joke, I can't really tell when you start saying I kill animals for fun. Partially when PSO2 is shooting monkeys with rocket launchers which is just amusing.

Needless to say, I'm not friends with any of those guys anymore either. I usually have to leave when I get to be the ass of the jokes, and once someone starts, it doesn't ever fucking stop just because I'M REALLY FUNNY. I'd still prefer laughing with me, not at me. Oh, and not lying to me.

I's really easy to tell when people are lying.

"Don't get mad, but you don't have tits so I don't care what you think"

that sounds like a joke, a funny one at least.

killing small animals doesn't, but you're probably holding yourself to be blunt, socially retardedly. it may be your body language, it may be the way you talk, or both. can you actually put inflection in your voice? does your face change much?

i've met people that actually just don't do either. and most people end up talking shit about them behind their backs like they're actually serial killers, when really they just aren't that expressive unless they're doing something they really like.

generally, around highschool and up, the rule of thumb is to treat anything you may see as an "insult" as a joke. always. it's when you misinterpret the joke and you answer/reply seriously you kill the mood and make it awkward, which nobody wants.

i've seen it done before lol

guy a:"ya so that's why i think when asians go black, they can't go back, y'know what i'm sayin, cause you know, black guys have big d's lol" (clearly a joke)
    guy b:"no, i don't really know what you're talking about." (serious reply)

what guy b should have done, even if he didn't agree, was recognize this as jest, and go "lol jeeze that makes so much sense"

but then you'll probably say, "i don't beat around the bush and i'm upfront with people."

and that's when i'll counter with my friend's motive for working customer service jobs. to fake customer service with so well he does the customers a disservice, so they can't tell the difference. because if you get good, you can fake it, and people can't tell. however instead of putting forth genuine feelings, you can still revel in your hatred and disdain for whoever you're talking to/the retadedness of how the conversation is going or the situation, and it's much more satisfying/achievable for certain people to fake it. it's not that hard to produce grows feet in your eyes you know, when you smile. just start making it a mental trigger, whenever you move your mouth, you squint your eyes.

i may be wrong but if you've known these guys for a while, most likely the very beginning with them was alright, but then they might have done silly jabs that may have seemed like insults, when in actuality, they were jokes. and you probably took them too seriously. after you replied like that they probably realized you were socially inept, and they started making their jokes more serious, like about killing animals. since of course, anybody that doesn't have proper social skills and is past highschool is clearly going to kill small animal and eventually graduate to humans right?

for people, if something is awkward or they can't understand it easily/something doesn't react the way it's supposed to, they don't like it.

that's why when you react a different way from how most people react when they make jokes etc. that may seem like insults, they don't like you.

there are a few ways you could have played the "you kill small animals" insult, to regain their favor.

jest, with no backbone (you're a pussy because you're letting it slide they said you kill small animals without denying it in the slightest sense, save your sarcastic tone.) :"lol yeah, cause i'm totally korean right? i got some dogmeat in the fridge right now" (this is said in the thickest sarcastic tone you can muster)

backbone, but still jesting (ie ur not being an asshole, but you're still verbally denying you kill small animals. however you make a quick joke afterwards so you're not a dick about it.): "no way man i love dogs! it's not like i'm a chinese food stall worker"

i make easy usage of stereotypes because everyone can relate to them, and everybody generally thinks they're funny if you're very clear with your tone and facial expression that you're joking. doesn't matter if you yourself don't think they're funny, don't agree with them, etc. this is what's been decided by social norms. people can easily relate to and understand stereotypes. they love them.

asshole with backbone but now people think you're an asshole: "dude i have a dog at home and i get along great with cats. i'd never do anything like that"
    this actually sounds like a normal sentence but delivered seriously with a serious face, this makes you sound like an asshole (isn't that sad? but it's true, in most situations. honestly, it's all about tone and face/body language. you can straight up say "aww fuck you man fuck you" but if you're smiling a "genuine" smile and laughing while you say it, people won't get mad, and they'll probably laugh. it's completely retarded)

another way you could spin it is by saying you love dogs, but you, "lol, dunno about cats. i might have to take down a stray that keeps thinking my porch is a litter box"

socializing properly is stupid. it's a game. game is everywhere and it doesn't only apply to women. game is applied when you have to talk to anybody anywhere.

honestly, i really fucking hate this "beating around bush" bullshit, that social norms are based on today, where everything has to be said in a light, happy tone with a semi laugh at the end of almost all sentences, or has to have a joke attached so it doesn't seem like you're an asshole.

but at least AFTER you do the fake smiley bullshit, if you do end up connecting with anybody, you can be more serious.

you just aren't supposed to be serious when you first meet. that comes later, way later.

------

the above is all conjecture mixed with educated guesses about your situation, if you take offense then that's probably one of the first things you should work on. maintaining your ego. because i'm not belittling you. know when to defend your pride and when to let it be tarnished, but when defending, always do so with a joke, smile, and a light tone.

however, this is the internet of course, social rules don't apply here. feel free to carry on with your detailed and explicit, blunt thoughts you'd enjoy to do to people like stab them in the face, or what not (if you're saying stuff like this irl though, you gotta stop man lol. not saying you are, saying if.)

as a last note though, if those guys were mutual friends you knew because of her, from the jokes they were making, it sounded like they didn't really care for your existence or respected you. and they seriously seemed like they thought you may have been a little off the deep end.

and that's not good. it's pretty much guaranteed they talked behind your back about you to her about how they thought you were probably a little crazy. and when guys go off on other guys to their friends that are girls, usually girls take it pretty seriously.
    Last edited by soulpimpwizzurd; Jul 22, 2012 at 10:16 AM.
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。
    -everything i type is completely serious and you should be offended no matter the content jaja-
    translated pre-OB skill trees link
    Ma name's Satoshi Sakai and I sell My room and My room accessories! Uh huh huh!

Nah, I get what you're saying. But it supposedly being easy to tell it's a joke when I can't even hear it in their voices is sort of a problem. That is the only way I can tell.

I actually told them to go eat a dick because they started doing it after my cat died, too. Sort of like what happened to another friend, they wouldn't fuck off after his dog died.

Now, I know they're supposed to be friends, but they're being pieces of shit about it. I'm not a bastion of human rights or anything, but holy shit I think I'm doing better than these guys.

And yeah, I know what you mean, I work in retail. I am not happy about it, I'm trying to get a different job that pays more. It's not fun to deal with people who look like they've probably eaten someone bigger than you throwing a fit so badly because their credit card isn't working that their jowls cause their whole body to convulse. Because it's a job I have to be "nice" at, it's difficult to try and find openings in people's defenses where they wouldn't notice I'm being a complete dick.

Though it does sound fun.

Why is shopping for trousers such a pain in the butt. You would think smaller waist = shorter legs but nooooo