Page 1 of 41 123411 ... LastLast
    dealing with real life Donnikun's Avatar

Default Forces of Nature- Fanfic brainstorming thread

ok guys, im kind of coordinating the club phantasy star fanfic, although all of us can contribute ideas and art to it, its a club wide project. We have been talking about it, and now its time to start planning it. We prefer that non members try and watch the show, but dont interupt too much, since this is a discussion thread for our club fanfic. It is a Phantasy Star fanfic we are discussing, so it should be intruging to say the least.

post your ideas here. remember no idea is bad, but some ideas may be better than others. Dont feel bad if you idea isnt nessicarily used, it has been considered, and valued.

one rule guys, lets keep this thread about our Phantasy Star fanfic ideas, any other issues please refer people to appropriate subject threads.

So i open the floor to the brainstorming...

ideas, GO!
    Last edited by Donnikun; Nov 19, 2009 at 12:02 AM.
    Oh look at the cute little rappy!! OH MY GOD HE GOT BRAINED BY A RAmar!!!!!!
    PSZ info: NN: Donald FC: 1806-2273-0285

I am a Pal Rappy to know what you are take the quiz here.

So here are some things on my mind about this.

First off, I do like the idea you mentioned a week or so ago; about how to make sure people's characters get some screen time we make chapters that focus on a few at a time for different parts of the overall story.

One thing I am wondering about would be the timeline for this (assuming PSZ based.) Will this take place after the events in the main story? Also, will there possibly be mini stories? What I mean by this is like...4-8 page short stories that don't really play a big part of the main story, but are kind of little comical shorts. Example would be some of the chracters trying to run a small food cart of sorts and advertising for it; only to have some sort of small mishap adventure with it.

These are just some things I been thinking about since you really started mentioning it a while ago.

The beast of possibility Zero Revenge's Avatar

Well the biggest question is do we want this to directly take place within the confines of the PSZ story, or have an Alternate Universe [hereby abbreviated as AU] spin on it?

We could have this as one gigantic side-story, taking place alongside PSZ. Or perhaps in or in tandem with a nearby City [as they are mentioned in the story].

Also, needs to be that one special guy. **rubs his chin slowly**
    Quote Originally Posted by Colaya View Post
    >Criticize Japanese players for only making young Female Human/Newman characters
    >Only make young Female Human/Newman characters when you get into Alpha

mfw: http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/41...ointed-tim.jpg

dealing with real life Donnikun's Avatar

well im kind of thinking we have it in the zero and online timeline, but in our own period, like between zero and online, my new animation project is a rappy that i have not named yet, thinking like del rappy, or la rappy, to keep in the spirit of the rappy names, i unoffically named it happy rappy, it is more evolved than the zero rappy, but not as eveolved as the rag rappys in online. anyway i have to make a 3D rendering of it, so if i can ill upload a 3D and 2D image of it when im done in about 4-5 weeks, my due date for the project in class.

we could have a main storyline, that each episode would have a focus on a differnt member, or group of members while everyone else still is doing their thing, even when one character has focus there will be bit parts of other characters.

for example, say fei was fighting in a place my character was previously. the focus is on "her" and she radios me(i know fei is a dude, but were roleplayin here lol) "Donni was this here a couple days ago" "hmm no fei, keep investigating, im going to look into this" then fei continues the adventure while its understood that im at base looking up the issue, even though im not seen much that time.

this is kind of how the plot goes in that teen show Degrassi: The Next Generation. it is chronological, and time goes on for everyone, but focus jumps around between the cast. and the characters not in focus are still there and growing and experiencing things. there are minor flahes to the other characters, as well as them interacting with eachother. I recommend watching Degrassi if you can, so you get a feel of what i mean.

Also we could have little mini chibi clips, like a break from the mainline story, lots of manga does this, and its pretty popular, i think this is what you refered to fei that the chibi clips would not have anything to do with the main story at all, just little interuption comedy shorts. Like Clamp has little chibi shorts at he end of their storys about the production team writing the story.
    Last edited by Donnikun; Nov 19, 2009 at 01:23 AM.
    Oh look at the cute little rappy!! OH MY GOD HE GOT BRAINED BY A RAmar!!!!!!
    PSZ info: NN: Donald FC: 1806-2273-0285

I am a Pal Rappy to know what you are take the quiz here.

The Once and FOmar King SirTopps's Avatar

1st. thank you donni for making this thread. you are a cool dude.
    2. let us always remember the first rule of brainstorming is there is no bad idea. so i dont i want to hear "oh man you suck that will never work youre stupid" thats not going to fly here.
    3. but yes lets remember this is a PS fanfic. not a zelda fanfic not a final fantasy fanfic and not a twilight fanfic. just ps. but thats a broad topic.
    4. and lets really try to stick close to topic. no "hey man i got to level 95 last night" or "oh man i hate my boss i wish i could foie his face." please lets just try to come up with a killer story. save the casual chat for our other threads.
    5. there is no deadline for this. we will move on when we feel right. but as soon as we go to the next step please dont come in late and say oh dude lets make all the characters rappys. if thats your idea. fine. pitch it now. not later please.
    6. dont be afraid if you have an idea. just please let us know . no one will judge you.
    7. if you have any questions PM donnikun

wow i feel like the boss now. i hope i dont get a foie in the face.

ok on to the brainstorming .
    i dont care where the setting takes place. i just say maybe we can stay away from the PSU side of things. and as for the old games... i dont know. i think it would be cool to kick it PSO rocking it on ragol style but PSZ has a lot of potential too.

i think who ever is in the story wont interact with the plots of the game directly but might witness them and have their own adventures. thats why i think pso will be great because theres a lot more people in the hunters guild and its more organized . where as in psz its very loose. but then again in psz we can have a more organic grass roots feel. (and i hate saying grass roots) lol .

that reminds me. zero in a bush reading smut

Yeah the chibi clips, that was the kind of thing I was thinking about. I always enjoyed those kind of things cause some of the things that happen are so out there and at times portray the extremes of the characters personalities or that of the writers/creators themselves.

I do like Zero's thing about having other characters interacting from other cities. Dunno if that may make things too complicated though, but I guess that just depends on how many we create; if any at all.

::EDIT::

As for the PSO thing, that may not be a bad idea either perse; however I feel currently PSZ will work better at this current time just due to it's new, fresh, and in our minds turning gears. Not to say PSO is still never fresh in my mind, since I RPed on the DC verson for over a year. XD
    Last edited by FeiRayne; Nov 19, 2009 at 01:37 AM.

The beast of possibility Zero Revenge's Avatar

I would suggest staying away from PSO, aside from maybe references, such as items found during a Ruins-excavation. The time difference is just too large between them. Nothing of PSU - different universe entirely, atleast PSO is connected with PSZ, no matter how convoluted.

And don't forget in theory, we're all victims of the Great Blank. So, we wouldn't really know what exactly we're finding.

I like Donni's basic idea, minus references to CLAMP [bias, I know].

Personally? Two "main" groups. One from Dairon City, and one from a rival [allied, but still rival] city. That way we can create our own levels if we don't want to use the Wetlands or Rioh Snowfields for everything.

Also: Guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colaya View Post
    >Criticize Japanese players for only making young Female Human/Newman characters
    >Only make young Female Human/Newman characters when you get into Alpha

mfw: http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/41...ointed-tim.jpg

right like rival cities . like new york and chicago or new york and boston. or new york and LA. thats a good idea.

maybe all the characters start off in different spots and then come together . kinda like in the first season of heroes .

oh and i have an 8th point to reinforce what don said. outsiders are welcome to watch but if you want to contribute please join the club.

also . A GUN

I like that idea of having this be like heroes where the story follows a group of people but sometimes focuses on one person but sometimes when there are too many characters to follow things get crazy (Not a good crazy)

As for when this is going to take place a PSO based story would be nice. I started a PSO fanfic with a friend of mine. But like fei said with PSZ just coming out it just wont seem right.

Also no PSU please

yeah im pretty sure we are staying far away from psu.
    and this is slightly off topic. but if they were ever to do a pso movie. it would be very general. and be like dark falz and junk. i still plan on making something like this someday. but not now. lol.

as of now im committed to the FON origin story .