Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

I'd say, that the Forces should be related by guild. Kind of like a group who put up little leaflets of info about the Forces of Nature. Not a direct affiliate of the government, but kind of a networking guild to support Forces. Not everybody has to be in the guild already, but members would carry some sort of metal piece with the FON ensignia, showing their membership in it.

To make the story seem more epic, it's probably best to start with the guild already formed, and some of the members already in it. That way, even early episodes showing the Force in action, or in some city doing something and looking important, you would already be looking at a member. There may be some of us who have yet to join the group, so part of it could be in how they gain interest and become indoctrinated. This not only sets the stage, but it also leaves room to *perhaps* later do anything that reveals an earlier time with the group or before the group.

Part of what makes a story immediately gripping and fester an air of mystery, is to jump right into the establishment in which the audience already has a feeling that they're coming into this, in the middle of a well established history. One, for which they gain interest in finding out, someday. That way, action sequences and battle (even if it just missions) can happen rather quickly, without a long introduction. It's those that throw the reader right into a fun roller-coaster wanting to know more about what made it start in the first place, and more about the people who are riding this thing.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Nov 19, 2009 at 07:17 PM.

That would depend on the audience we're trying to reach with this I would guess. It can JUST be all about Forces 24/7, but for those who play other classes or maybe want a different character representation may feel left out. All Forces a bad idea? No, not at all; but it would have to be done in a way that would not feel so limited to characters and development.

In PSZ there really is no class unappreciative perse; however (and keeping this light of details cause I don't want to spoil anything for Topps) there would be tension between some humans and CASTs with the newmens and vise versa. I would see it as Topps possibly goes from city to city, looking for any kind of Force looking to do more with their skills, or needing a place to belong. They can join for any various reasons; feeling unappreciated, wanting to hone their tech skills, study and exchange magical ideas, ext ext. Like...a special type of Hunter's guild that specializes with Forces. A place that perhaps can help out others by being an easy source of finding high quality Forces to partner with.

Perhaps the first few would start out with the formation of the FON. Then from there we can go into other options, character appearances and adventures with all. For a longer term storyline that deeply has ties with the FON group itself I'm sure we can come up with some wonderful ideas.

My last thought for right now on character appearances, stay with the IC look but at the same time we'll add our own flair to our character. The changes can be either small things (like hair length, color, freckles, special neck piece) or something greater like the example with Kai. Totally a RAmar but looks so different, yet despite that we can tell right away what he's suppose to be if that makes any sense.

love the idea to give our characters "our own flair"... cause iīm always make my characters from the phantasy star series in appearence same as me...and the fomar from psz looks like a too young gentleman (like 17-18 years old)... about the insignia thing... to give more personality to our characters...that one self decide where the insignia is on their characters (arm, a ribbon on the head, like a belt or a tatoo).

also...there are a lot of forces that donīt rely 100% of the time on their technics...iīm sure there are some robegunguys here, also some swordlovers...i for myself love to buff my fomar and uses sabers...or the selvariaīs spear...
    so like every combat unit has itīs own specialty in combat... the fomars always been the liason between forces and hunters being more adept with sword type weapons...the fomarl being more like a expert buff debuff and heal from the team...both FOnenw(earl) being the technic powerhouse...everyone has his role...and the variations made by our own ideas for our main give a very good array of combat units...love to see that on the fanfic
    my character on psp2i:
    ダニエル human male
    R. フィニガン beast male
    シュタウフェンベルク cast female
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic61202_6.gif

The Once and FOmar King SirTopps's Avatar

if we do start the story with the group already formed we could always do a prequel

it wont be JUST forces. but mostly. of course we will have other charters around too. like tito the hunter and alf the cast and mary the nurse and zero the ranger who cant form a foie so he rags on FO but hes secretly jealous. lol

and me go from city to city looking for forces. lol im obi wan kenobi after all.

i like the idea of having like amulets or something with FON on it.

edit. sorry this is kinda podgey . i had a longer thing but i lost it so i had to start over again.

I do like the aspect of Forces that don't rely simply on technics. Heck, even Ferro is an established staff fighter. I play him that way, as well. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few have certain favorite weapons that they like outside of casting techs. It would fit the whole diversity of weapons that Phantasy Star has, as of late. Some might favor Mech guns, and enjoy *kicking* out techniques, literally. I mean, outside of PSO/PSZ and maybe King of Fighters, how often do you see folk throw out a blast like that using their foot?
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Nov 19, 2009 at 08:49 PM.

The Once and FOmar King SirTopps's Avatar

yeah i know. i sometimes even use a gun. gasp i know. but anyway it would be kinda good for everyone to carry a FO type weapon. wand rod slicer cane and so . not saying you have to be a one trick pony.

dealing with real life Donnikun's Avatar

im all about slicers myself, thats my weapon of choice, ive learned to use one very effectively, it may be a force weapon, but its not a rod or wand, and its really cool having throwing weapons on a force lol, most of the time all i gotta do is hurl the slicer and heal.

anyway we can definatly incorporate out styles of combt into our fanfic characters, ill be that alchemist type who throws weapons and manipulates it telekenecticilly lol, wecan prolly bend the rules a bit for or fanfic, like some of us Forces could be just mages, some could draw mana from a material, like our weapon gives power.

i was thinking fo myself as a slicer user, my magic could be imbued into my weapon, so i use techs like "foie throw" "barta throw" "deband throw" etc. which hurl my weapon with the power of a casted spell inside it and hits the enemy with the force of my weapon plus the elemental or defuff damage of the spell, and i could do "resta throw" "anti throw" etc which will circle around or above an ally, not hit them of course, but give off the healing or buffing aura that surrounds them and heals or buffs them.

thats my thoughts on my fanfic char, we all could give ourselves unique magic twists like that. After all it is fiction, and it is our fanfic lol. Following the "Force" thing to the T could make it kind of boring with the whole "thats not in PS, we cant do it" thinking. I mean sure we can!

Also about two cities, if we took a dot hack route, and made it where we play the game, like the plot of dot hack, one is our city, the other is hacker city, and our enemys are hackers. but that may infringe on the dot hack story, its just kind of funny parellels wiht PSZ and PSO, and or real life experience playing the game, and avoiding hackers, with certain parts of the various dot hack serieses, especilly the legend of the twilight series. Let not rule out the possibility of making a dot hack like storyline, where we are playing avatars and such, but im sure all of us want a more original plot, and where we are the character in a world rather than people playing as the character in a game world lol.
    Oh look at the cute little rappy!! OH MY GOD HE GOT BRAINED BY A RAmar!!!!!!
    PSZ info: NN: Donald FC: 1806-2273-0285

I am a Pal Rappy to know what you are take the quiz here.

The beast of possibility Zero Revenge's Avatar

I would avoid the Dot Hack route.

Let's make it more "realistic" in that regard that we are, for all extensive purposes, just the characters. Not a character, playing a character.

Edit: Topps, Kai is actually a HUmar. Notice he uses the Buffs sometimes.

And I have to agree, pretty much 100% with Akaimizu's first post [on the third page] here. The "Forces of Nature" should almost be like a guild within a guild.

Like, within the Hunter's Guild, there's a fraternity [and sorority] of Forces that work together, almost always, and that works together to further their goal, whatever it may be. Uncovering ruins, etc.

I'm gonna disagree with a Force-only fic. It should clearly be mainly forces, but... uh.. if it's force only, then you're going to miss out on awesome characters... like if anyone made a Hunter, or you know... Me.
    Last edited by Zero Revenge; Nov 20, 2009 at 12:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colaya View Post
    >Criticize Japanese players for only making young Female Human/Newman characters
    >Only make young Female Human/Newman characters when you get into Alpha

mfw: http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/41...ointed-tim.jpg

Yeah having more than forces is a good idea. We could also have support characters. Maybe a hunter who isnt actually part of the group but admires the way we use techs or has mad respect for forces and helps us out every once in a while.

dealing with real life Donnikun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CAMPSO View Post
    Yeah having more than forces is a good idea. We could also have support characters. Maybe a hunter who isnt actually part of the group but admires the way we use techs or has mad respect for forces and helps us out every once in a while.
    im thinking this will be zeros role. except hes a ranger and also a bit of a rival too, but overall a friend, and who sometimes saves one of us at the last minute with a headshot to the enemy.
    Oh look at the cute little rappy!! OH MY GOD HE GOT BRAINED BY A RAmar!!!!!!
    PSZ info: NN: Donald FC: 1806-2273-0285

I am a Pal Rappy to know what you are take the quiz here.