Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    PS0 could have done with less in-your-face plot points. PSO requires a decent amount of speculation to piece everything together.
    I don't like having to speculate about what happened in the game I just played. I liked how PSO had that kind of cryptic conspiracy-theory-type plot, but I never got a solid answer as to what the hell was going on and I'm too lazy to scour the internet for answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse5632 View Post
    I don't like having to speculate about what happened in the game I just played. I liked how PSO had that kind of cryptic conspiracy-theory-type plot, but I never got a solid answer as to what the hell was going on and I'm too lazy to scour the internet for answers.
    True. PSO doesn't really give you a definitive answer for a lot of things... but most of it IS eventually stated outright.

Not sure how much more detail was in BB's gov't quests.
    Coming Soon!

True. PSO doesn't really give you a definitive answer for a lot of things... but most of it IS eventually stated outright.

Not sure how much more detail was in BB's gov't quests.
    Admittedly, I never completed Episode 2 and never touched 3, so that might have something to do with it now that I think about it. >_>

Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by somaclast View Post
    Well yeah there is an incredible amount of esoteric detail that isnt in the manual that people either have to learn through trial and error or previous PSO knowledge...but yeah I agree haha.
    I'm reminded of the different thickness of the manuals in my Japanese and English copy of PS0. The english manual, which has both english and french, is thinner than its Japanese counterpart (no color either >.> ). May have something to do with the font size but I still think things are dumbed down.
    Phantasy Star Zero

Khorhaplis - FOnewm

F/C: 3008 8201 5781

Response to spoilers:

Spoiler!

Mild spoilers:PS0 is probably 200ish years after PSO

PS0 could have done with less in-your-face plot points. PSO requires a decent amount of speculation to piece everything together.
    mmmmm yeah ill get right on that mission.

so Zetagear, you're saying that
    Spoiler!

and randomness says that
    Spoiler!

id have to agree with randomness since pioneer 2 was supposed to have almost everyone from coral on board meaning that few people would be left and would be the ones who
    Spoiler!

anyone with evidence against that, do speak up!

I am a Pal Rappy to know what you are take the quiz here.

HOLY SH*T that rappy just took out half my health!!!
    ~me on my first encounter with an El Rappy

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by StaticWings19 View Post
    mmmmm yeah ill get right on that mission.

so Zetagear, you're saying that
    Spoiler!

and randomness says that
    Spoiler!

id have to agree with randomness since pioneer 2 was supposed to have almost everyone from coral on board meaning that few people would be left and would be the ones who
    Spoiler!

anyone with evidence against that, do speak up!
    as long as i get to have popcorns and watch what happens

PM me if you want to add me
    or if you want me to make you a sig like mine...

we'll never know unless sega tells us, relax and wait for it
    http://www.mayhemforyou.com
    Comic Updated Fridays

Pal Rappy for President TaciturnBadger's Avatar

As far as the timeline goes, I'd have to say that PSZ would have to have occurred first. It seems pretty backwards to say that PSZ, which has Booma Origins and such, happened afterwards. Of course, this is all speculation until Sega makes an official release. Though I could, plausibly, see the following sequence of events:

1.) Coral is already starting to decline as a result of ravaging wars.
    2.) Mother Trinity is built to correct the matter, and Dark Falz corrupts her.
    3.) Mother Trinity wipes out Coral and contaminates the planet.
    4.) Some of the survivors on Coral build Pioneer 1 and 2 to find a non-contaminated planet.
    5.) Pioneer 1 and 2 depart for Ragol.
    6.) In the wake of any interplanetary disaster, there will be isolated pockets of survivors, which begin rebuilding civilization.
    7.) Dark Falz occupies new host body in Rico on Ragol and is too distracted by the events there to pay any attention to Coral's rebuilding.
    8.) Pioneer 2 hunters waste Rico, returning Dark Falz's attention to Coral, thereby cuing Mother Trinity to send Reve and Sarisa down to the surface.
    9.) Cue PSZ plotline.

Of course, this assumes that Dark Falz, as a crazy interstellar consciousness bent on chaos and destruction, can occupy two entities at the same time. Granted, it's completely spastic, but hey, we are dealing with a crazy video game plot, here.
    All your mags are belong to us!

Usually on nights, ~10pm to ~1am (EST). Sometimes later.

I am a Hildetorr! To find out what you are, take the quiz here.

Quote Originally Posted by TaciturnBadger View Post
    As far as the timeline goes, I'd have to say that PSZ would have to have occurred first. It seems pretty backwards to say that PSZ, which has Booma Origins and such, happened afterwards. Of course, this is all speculation until Sega makes an official release. Though I could, plausibly, see the following sequence of events:

1.) Coral is already starting to decline as a result of ravaging wars.
    2.) Mother Trinity is built to correct the matter, and Dark Falz corrupts her.
    3.) Mother Trinity wipes out Coral and contaminates the planet.
    4.) Some of the survivors on Coral build Pioneer 1 and 2 to find a non-contaminated planet.
    5.) Pioneer 1 and 2 depart for Ragol.
    6.) In the wake of any interplanetary disaster, there will be isolated pockets of survivors, which begin rebuilding civilization.
    7.) Dark Falz occupies new host body in Rico on Ragol and is too distracted by the events there to pay any attention to Coral's rebuilding.
    8.) Pioneer 2 hunters waste Rico, returning Dark Falz's attention to Coral, thereby cuing Mother Trinity to send Reve and Sarisa down to the surface.
    9.) Cue PSZ plotline.

Of course, this assumes that Dark Falz, as a crazy interstellar consciousness bent on chaos and destruction, can occupy two entities at the same time. Granted, it's completely spastic, but hey, we are dealing with a crazy video game plot, here.
    but we need to take into account that when dark falz was released in PSO he had been imprisoned in the ruins for a very long time already. meaning that either he can warp space and time, or exist in two places at once.

honestly i wouldnt be too surprised at either.

I am a Pal Rappy to know what you are take the quiz here.

HOLY SH*T that rappy just took out half my health!!!
    ~me on my first encounter with an El Rappy

Pal Rappy for President TaciturnBadger's Avatar

Hmm, good point. Or, here's a couple of other possibilities:

1.) There are multiple Dark Falzes, all of whom are bent on destroying every vestige of Pokémon in the multiverses.

2.) Dark Falz is actually a pissed-off Pal Rappy who was born with only yellow feathers and didn't get a Tootise Roll, therefore he can occupy any non-Tootsie Roll-affected person at any point in time. He was imprisoned on Ragol for so long because Tootsie Rolls only existed on Coral until the idiots on Pioneer 1 brought Tootsie Rolls and cakes with them (hence the existence of the sweet shop in the caves, which allowed Dark Falz to resurface fully).

3.) Dark Falz is now occupying Richard Simmons.
    All your mags are belong to us!

Usually on nights, ~10pm to ~1am (EST). Sometimes later.

I am a Hildetorr! To find out what you are, take the quiz here.