Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Would you consider Traps worthless?

This is something that's been bugging me for awhile.

As much shit as I have to say about PSU (since its a game I hate with a passion) it did have one aspect that made me happy. That was the fact that Traps were actually fairly useful.

I was hoping for the same thing in PSZ, but at level 85 with my RAcast, I just dont see the point of them.

Oh sure, Heal Traps are nice, theyre basically another set of Moon/Star Atomizers, and if your good you can even resurrect yourself with one, but the rest are just...well...

...lackluster?

Heat Traps arent terrible, but I could probably do the amount of damage they do on an enemy in the time it takes me to set one. Ice traps work for such a short period that theyre basically worthless, and confuse is such a coin-toss between help-or-hinder that its not really worth it.

Now, dont get this wrong, i'm not railing against CAST's, just traps. In fact I love my cast and his ability to see ANY trap on the field, plus his HP Regen. Its just that, I dont really find traps useful.

At all.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

I would have to agree with you on most points, except that I pretty much just use Heal Traps as a last resort when I run out of 'mates. It is nice that they revive, though.

Even though I don't play em. tbh, Burn/Heal are the only worth-while traps.

Ice is a terrible status effect because it only lasts for one hit. Tech or Physical wise. Stun is a much better status effect, but there are no stun traps.

Confuse. I have NO CLUE WHAT IT DOES TO ENEMIES. Pisses me off even though I can circumvent the random movement by sitting in menu, rofl.

Burn, even though you can do twice as much as what it does in half the time, still helps, despite it being not so much. You can burn someone and run away and chill, and you'll still be doing chip damage. Which is good.

Heal traps are self explanatory.

They could be better yes. But they're not. It's a shame really. The good status effects are not traps and the bad ones are.

Traps would be more useful if the game allowed for the application of two or more status effects or at leasted seperated some effects from others. Having a burn effect overwritten by a crappy ice effect, usually at the hands of some HUmar, sucks, no matter what level either effect was. It's the way it is to keep people from stuning and effect burning enemies but it's annoying.

I keep a full supply of heal traps with me at all times though. They are useful.

admittedly traps have been seriously nerfed in psz. i still like em enough to sonstantly carry around a full pack of them.

heal traps are extremly useful just for the fact that they can resurect you. burn traps are probably the best offensive one due to burn.

ice gives you time to get charged up attacks ready (tho it does suck that the ice breaks after one hit)

the only one im dissapointed with are light traps which seem to be really weak.
    but actually i dont think thats the traps fault. ive noticed that confusion does not work very well in PSZ period.

I am a Pal Rappy to know what you are take the quiz here.

HOLY SH*T that rappy just took out half my health!!!
    ~me on my first encounter with an El Rappy

I was in a party with two HUcasts (I was a HUnewm) against Hard Humilias, and between me having to play support despite dying every couple seconds, Heal Traps were what kept us alive long enough to beat him.
    PSU AOTI Xbox 360 -Retired Forever?
    Kishiia -10x Human Fighgunner
    Illumina -8x Cast Fighgunner

Phantasy Star Zero
    Friend Code: 3610-1135-3254 -PM me if you add me, thanks.

HUnewm - 60+

http://9999hitpoints.wordpress.com/ - My fledgling Videogame Blog.

Yo, mad support...drink a quart then bamboo Itchee's Avatar

I would use traps if they didnt use up one of the few pallet slots I have.
    Itchee: PSP2 - RAcast

Heal is good, they heal/rez/remove status.

I only find myself using Heal Traps. I'm an 85 HUcast and that's the only trap I've found to be of any use to me. I probably had the most bitter looking "beer face" when I found out that Ice only lasts for 1 hit (wish I could have seen my own face lol). Those helped me soooo much in PSO playing on the harder difficulties with my other cast characters.
    Me fail english? That's unpossible!
    Your image was removed because both signature images combined exceeded 180 pixels in height, which is the signature height limit.

I am a HUcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

Yeah, all of them exept the heal trap are worthless