Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

3 D/Minds + Tech/Save 3. PP recovery isnt worth it on that kind of build. Fluids will get the job done better always.

ACTUALLY. I AM DUMB. 2 D/MINDS, TECH SAVE 3 and PP RECOVERY 5 ARE GOOD.

Time to get to work on that gunblade chick tank w/e.
    Last edited by GHNeko; Dec 5, 2009 at 11:42 PM.

Pal Rappy for President TaciturnBadger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    Time to get to work on that gunblade chick tank w/e.
    Hmm... how would one describe this playstyle? Slash-stabbie She-Zap Bang-Tank?
    All your mags are belong to us!

Usually on nights, ~10pm to ~1am (EST). Sometimes later.

I am a Hildetorr! To find out what you are, take the quiz here.

OH WOW. I COMPLETEL FAIL AT MATH. I forgot to add things for the FOmar's build for ATP. I just fixed it and now it looks ALOT more impressive.

This actually really might be worth making.

kajs;faksjkf;sadf;sdf

Also, posting FOmarl Gunblade tank build soon.

Oh shit, this is gonna be good.

How abooout... fistimacuffs-based HUmarl?
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

Level 100 Gunblade-Wielding FOmarl Tank
    Focusing mostly on DFP*, some EVP.

Max Stats(including mats/mag/equipment):

HP: 574
    PP: 658
    ATP: 617
    DFP: 616
    ATA: 415
    EVP: 692
    MST: 516

Equipment:

Weapon: Emperor Axeon+30
    Armor: Noble Cloak+40
    Slot: 2 Divine/Guard*, 2 Divine/Swift
    Mag: Maray (0/100/0/0, Midgul)

Materials Used:

50 DFP Materials*, 50 EVP Materials

Recommended Palette: Dodge Roll, Light Attack, Megid (R - Deband, Jellen, Resta)
    Misc Recommendations: GiMegid is recommended over Megid as that forces enemies to be clustered together for more megid spam, or for the shotgun function of the Gunblade. Also, get familar with the 5 hit combo that gunblades have.

Thoughts on Build: Wow. I was suprised at these stats. Not amazing, but they're not horrible at all. They're impressive in the sense that these stats, equipment, and how they were generated all work together. The weapon, the techs, everything. This build is impressive in the sense that it seemingly...you know...clicks.

Look at it this way. FOs and RAs generally keep back. They attack from a distance. This build falls true to both of them. This build allows you to attack heavily from the back, but it also allows you to go up to an enemy and smack it around a bit and go back to the other side of the room. The DPS is probably really low because you're only hitting 3 times (5 if you use the exploit.) Why would you go up to an enemy and smack it? Simple. This gunblade has level 3 BURN. Meaning you could inflict enemies with this wepaon or shot it from distance and inflict burn. And run back and sit back and watch the camp fire. :V

Using GiMegid to cluster all the enemies together makes it easy to stand back and spam the fuck out of the gunblade's secondary ability. Spreadshot. This allows you to to inflict more enemies with burn at once, while whitling away at their HP. Also, you're using Axeon, which has the best Gunblade PA HANDS-DOWN. WHICH. HITS FROM A DISTANCE. Everything this build does, can happen from a distance. This build could easily be called the epitome of ranged warfare with a balance of Magical and Physical properties.

Here is an example of a common battle tactic. A room of enemies. 5 of them. Charge up Megid and launch GiMegid and cluster them all into a corner. Now, you can spam megid, gimegid, gunblade spread shot, or Earth Bullet. Either way, you inflict them with either BURN or POISION. Both of which slowly, but surely, eat away at the enemies HP. Which is ridiculous, tbh. If any of them get close, you CAN smack them with your gunblade with the 5 hit combo to surely inflict them with burn while doing more melee damage than a normal FO and run away.

What else is amazing about this build is that FOmarl have the 5th best EVP in this game. And this build, slot/mag/mat wise is taylored to DFP AND EVP. Meaning, that if they swing at you, it'll most likely miss, and if it doesn't it will not hurt anywhere as much as it would with a normal FO. you can shrug it off and heal for 90% of your HP, run away, and simply start the battle tactic, listed above, once again.

THEN. Tack on Deband, and Jellen and you have the potential to take 3x more hits than a normal FO while whitling away at your enemies HP, whether you're getting or you're hitting them personally. Either way, they lose HP.

This is actually a really clever build that really puts emphasis on outlasting an opponent rather than hitting them for a bunch of damage and killing them dead in a matter of seconds. A surprisingly effective build for ET in theory.

You don't need to worry about ATA anyways because you still have Megid to rely on when you feel like you're missing too much. If you feel like you're missing too much, you can always recraft a mag to be 0/70/30/0 for that boost to make sure your light attacks aren't missing, even in SH mode.

Don't even get me started on EVP. This post until know is looking at if you got hit every time and nothing missed. With this much EVP on you, they'll miss so much that you could laugh in their face for above 5 seconds before they finally hit you for practically half the damage they'd do to a normal FO.

And then add on the fact that this class has amazing natural resistance to Techs and you become a magic tank too.

While this build is most effective on normal enemies...its offensive function is severly reduced when you come across a boss, its nothing changing your weapon and slots wont fix.

All in all, this build at its very core is designed to outlast your opponent as you barrage them with spread gunshots and magic from afar, inflicting them with HP draining status effects, while retaining the ability to take more than your normal FO and as long as something does NOT 1 shot you, you can shrug it off with a Resta and go back to slowly withering their HP to null, IF, they can actually manage to hit you in the first place! Just don't be surprised if you're not hitting for a lot of damage. :V

And let's not forget you still have the best PA for gunblades at your hands.

This build is so sexy looking. No joke.

EDIT: I just realized. With this build, you never...ever...have to hit a single enemy unless you physically melee them. Earth Bullet, GiMegid, Gunblade Spread Shot, all these hit multiple enemies. My god so sexy.

Rating: 8/10

*Post-Build Creation Notes: As noted by other players, this build would benefite more on heavy heavy focus on EVP and instead of a slight focus on DFP, a focus on ATA, changing the focus from Mostly DFP and some EVP to Mostly EVP and some ATA. A build with this focus would ultimately create better results in-game and the only reason this build was not crafted as such is due to the request and how the EVP/ATA build would not fall in-line with the request.
    Last edited by GHNeko; Dec 6, 2009 at 02:46 PM.

You have a gift.

FC PSzero: 3696 0123 4211

With the HUcast , maybe you could do a HUnewm , based with ranged attack
    You want this cookie ? Go get it ! *Throw it in a volcano*

LOL. I'M TEMPTED TO REALLY MAKE THAT FOMARL BUILD.

It sounds SOOO fun.

Inflicting like 3+ enemies with either burn or poison and stand back and spam earth bullet and gimegid/megid with my MASSIVE PP POOL which can be restored in 1 monofluid and 2 difluids with amazing EVP which requires an enemy to swing at me like 5 times before getting in a solid hit that does less damage due to jellen against my superior FO DFP and DFP-boosted Deband defense while losing HP in the process due to poison/burn sounds so amazingly effective. DPS would probably SUCK though. LOL OMG. Even if you count the damage done with poison/burn bwahahaha.

no lie. LOL.

FOnewearl could do this build too, potentially better on the magical aspect of the side since she gets a 30% boost to Megid/GiMegid and has higher EVP making it harder to hit her despite the fact she'd take a blow harder than a FOmarl.

Quote Originally Posted by simon2381 View Post
    With the HUcast , maybe you could do a HUnewm , based with ranged attack : )
    So change that All Melee HUcast to a Trigger Happy HUnewm? kk. Will do.
    Last edited by GHNeko; Dec 5, 2009 at 07:15 PM.

umm how bout a RAmar focused on damage dealing? How would ATP/ATA balance out and what PA would be good? I prefer heavy weapons like rifles but would like to max output

RAmar with high DPS and good PA. Focusing on ATP/ATA.

kk.