Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Question Is Phantasy Star Zero a Good Game?

I love PSO games especially PSOBB and I'm wondering if Phantasy Star Zero is a good game. My friend and I have a DS's so does that mean we could play online? Is the online play and stystem good? One of the main things I want to know is : What is the battle system? Is it like PSU or PSO with the 3 hit combo's? I have many questions and want to learn about it some more.

Google "Phantasy Star Zero reviews" to get more info.

yeah, its like PSO with the 3 hit combo, each weapons got a different speed ect... I love it to bits. Sooo cant wait till my brother gets one aswell
    Pso2 - Ship2: Proud manager of team Celestial
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    Loading tunnels have gone from 10-15 seconds down to 2-3 seconds and the normal lobby stuttering mess is buttery smooth currently.
    This must be some kind of glitch, I refuse to believe Sega have finally fixed this game's horrible performance problems.

Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with some of you, and not because I have drop rate issues.

I just don't find PSZ to be as good and fun as PSO ever was. I put in a good 5 years on multiple platforms of PSO, but I can't see myself putting in even a good 5 more weeks on PSZ. PSZ just doen;t seem to be as good a quality game as any of the PSO variations were.
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.

Okay, Ill tell you this game is amazing from my viewpoint, the only thing that's stopped me from playing it recently is New Super Mario Bros. with my brother and Muramasa.

But, your asking entirely the wrong place. This is a board for fans of PSZ, the views we express on the game are anything but objective. Try looking at actual reviews to hear if you'll like or dislike certain aspects of the game.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

all i can say is this game is keeping me away from WoW with the lich king patch out

FC eden - 4984 5078 1729
    100 HUmarl, 8x HUcast, 8x FOnewearl

Quote Originally Posted by edenz View Post
    all i can say is this game is keeping me away from WoW with the lich king patch out
    Blah, if only i could do the same (only warrior tank in the guild ._.)
    Pso2 - Ship2: Proud manager of team Celestial
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    Loading tunnels have gone from 10-15 seconds down to 2-3 seconds and the normal lobby stuttering mess is buttery smooth currently.
    This must be some kind of glitch, I refuse to believe Sega have finally fixed this game's horrible performance problems.

look. you come to a board for psz and ask if its a good game? every answer you get is gonna be yes. cause thats why were here in the first place.

if you likes PSO your gonna like PSZ the gameplay is very similar and the plots do tie in (although its quite subtle and arguements are still going on about the time line)

admittedly no. its not as good as PSO but its a hand held portable version so i cant really say i didnt expect that.

the only part i was actually dissapointed with was charactor creation. theres enough to make a unique charactor but i would have liked a good deal more.

but yes. it definately is worth getting. and you can play with other DS useres both locally and over wifi!

I am a Pal Rappy to know what you are take the quiz here.

HOLY SH*T that rappy just took out half my health!!!
    ~me on my first encounter with an El Rappy

Hmm... sounds like a pretty good game so far on the replys thanks for some review on it. Do you get MAGs like in PSO? Or are they like secondary weopons in Phantasy Star Portable? I sure hope it's like PSO because the MAGs are like your friend EDIT---Sorry if i am posting in the wrong place i just joined this forum on Sunday so i dont know much and thanks StaticWings16 ill see if i can get the game at some point
    Last edited by -Pandora-; Dec 16, 2009 at 01:15 AM.

Pure Offline PSO Gamecube Hunter-Vix's Avatar

It's very similar to PSO in most ways, the only downsides are less character costumes, and not being able to quick-use all techniques.
    Phantasy Star Online EP. 1&2 plus:
    Vix - HUmar - Level 145
    Zero - FOmar - Level 104
    Scorpious - RAmar - Level 102
    Phantasy Star Zero:
    Vix - HUmar - Level 100, Rogue - HUnewm - Level 66.