Default Need a little help with Section ID

Hey guys I am very new to the whole PSO thing. Ive only been playing for like 3 days and I want to make a RaCast and really like shotguns and pistols probably the most out of all the weapons.

My question is I need a little help understanding which ID I should choose. I understand the whole concept, about picking a name and putting it into the calculator to see what ID it gives me. I also understand that certain ID's drop different stuff than others. I just want to make a character and know I am going to get my hands on some killer Ranger weapons and not to pick a name that gives me an ID that doesnt let me do this.

Any suggestions would be great. I was kinda thinking either Purplenum or Greenill but I am sure those of you who have played longer could help me decide if those choices are any good and perhaps could sway my decision in some way. Just want to get some advice from those of you who have played much longer than I have.

I had a purplenum Humar, and all I ever get are mech-guns. I would suggest a Whitill or Greenil.

Rifles are better than pistols, just in general. Purplenum is good for mechguns, but unlike with shots and rifles, I feel your choice of mechgun doesn't make as much difference unless you're going for Charge 50% hit ones (which any ID can find) or Yas 9000s (which I don't think makes it worth the trade off for what greenill finds.) If you don't know what any of that means, don't worry about it, just know mechguns aren't very useful until higher levels, especially for the Racast, so I wouldn't get a purplenum first.

First I should say that your ID doesn't really matter until Ultimate, as you will only find bad special weapons before then, but that's all you need (and possibly all you can use) on lower difficulties anyway. Once you beat all 4 levels on ep.1, the next difficulty becomes available. When you first play the game, you do not see the select difficulty screen, but once you beat the game, you will see that normal and hard are available, and very hard and ultimate have yet to be unlocked. Beating hard unlocks v.hard, and beating v.hard unlocks ultimate. If you ask me, this game doesn't even really start until ultimate, so getting there should be your first goal. That's where you will start to be able to look for good weapons.

I say you should get a Greenill, and look out for these drops mainly (all of these are on ultimate difficulty):
    Forest:
    Frozen Shooter*- Hildetorr
    Guard Wave- Pal Rappy
    Cave:
    Holy Ray*- De Ral Lie
    Mine:
    Part of Baranz- Baranz
    Yasminkov 3000R*- Gilchich
    Ruins:
    Bringer's Right Arm*- Dark Bringer
    Red Mechgun- Dark Gunner
    Red Scorpio- Arlan
    Spread Needle- Merlan

You'll find out what these enemies are once you reach the level they're on. Items with a * are rifles, and as you can tell by my title, the Yasminkov 3000R is my favorite.
    CHARACTERS, All on ult, GC offline, Last updated 1/31/10:
    Me: Yellowboze, HUcast, lvl. 156---Joe: Redria, RAmarl, 142
    GamE n WatcH: Greenill, FOnewm, 133---Pyrofreak: Oran, FOmar, 126
    Sil'fer: Skyly, HUnewearl, 108---Mr. Beeez: Viridia, HUmar, 105
    SGT. Cool: Bluefull, RAcast, 104---The internet: Purplenum, FOmarl, 63

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJoe View Post
    Rifles are better than pistols, just in general. Purplenum is good for mechguns, but unlike with shots and rifles, I feel your choice of mechgun doesn't make as much difference unless you're going for Charge 50% hit ones (which any ID can find) or Yas 9000s (which I don't think makes it worth the trade off for what greenill finds.) If you don't know what any of that means, don't worry about it, just know mechguns aren't very useful until higher levels, especially for the Racast, so I wouldn't get a purplenum first.

First I should say that your ID doesn't really matter until Ultimate, as you will only find bad special weapons before then, but that's all you need (and possibly all you can use) on lower difficulties anyway. Once you beat all 4 levels on ep.1, the next difficulty becomes available. When you first play the game, you do not see the select difficulty screen, but once you beat the game, you will see that normal and hard are available, and very hard and ultimate have yet to be unlocked. Beating hard unlocks v.hard, and beating v.hard unlocks ultimate. If you ask me, this game doesn't even really start until ultimate, so getting there should be your first goal. That's where you will start to be able to look for good weapons.

I say you should get a Greenill, and look out for these drops mainly (all of these are on ultimate difficulty):
    Forest:
    Frozen Shooter*- Hildetorr
    Guard Wave- Pal Rappy
    Cave:
    Holy Ray*- De Ral Lie
    Mine:
    Part of Baranz- Baranz
    Yasminkov 3000R*- Gilchich
    Ruins:
    Bringer's Right Arm*- Dark Bringer
    Red Mechgun- Dark Gunner
    Red Scorpio- Arlan
    Spread Needle- Merlan

You'll find out what these enemies are once you reach the level they're on. Items with a * are rifles, and as you can tell by my title, the Yasminkov 3000R is my favorite.
    Holy Ray is sort-of rifle, sort-of handgun. Rifle range, equip requirement is MST, usable by HU/FO. (The last bit being the big deal)
    Coming Soon!

Except OP is not going to have any use for a Holy Ray since he's using a RAcast. Neither will he have a use with a Bringer's Rifle since the special gets reduced.

What is left on that list for Greenill is that it can obtain Guard Wave and Yasminkov 3000R. Guard Wave is an excellent armor for a low level character, Yasminkov 3000R is a decision weapon on whether you want to use it or not. Everything else on that list that you will have some use for Purplenum can obtain.

As for what Purplenum can have, it can obtain a bunch of mechguns. It can obtain the "Holy Trinity" set weapons of Rangers which includes Frozen Shooter, Spread Needle, and a pair of mechguns. It is the only ID that can obtain Yasminkov 9000M, which is a mechgun with rifle range. And mechguns get much more powerful later on. So this is an ID which makes the end game a lot easier.

Alternate choice would be Viridia, which obtain a lot of shotguns. Nothing to redeeming there though since the ID's most famous weapon, Yasha, is only usable by Hunters only.

So I went Puprlenum before I even read all yalls messages, and I stuck with RaCast. I figured I will spend quite a bit of time soloing so the mech gun will be my new best friend. thanks for your input yall.

will it be a rare drop? chrisramar's Avatar

good choice,im a ramar purp lvl113 , and its my fave id!! as soon as you get to ultimate lvl up as much as poss before starting ult temple runs to go for the yas 9000m . itll make it easyier and faster!!also red mechguns are good but dont have the yas 9000m range!!
    Last edited by chrisramar; Jan 19, 2010 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Splash View Post
    Except OP is not going to have any use for a Holy Ray since he's using a RAcast. Neither will he have a use with a Bringer's Rifle since the special gets reduced.

What is left on that list for Greenill is that it can obtain Guard Wave and Yasminkov 3000R. Guard Wave is an excellent armor for a low level character, Yasminkov 3000R is a decision weapon on whether you want to use it or not. Everything else on that list that you will have some use for Purplenum can obtain.

As for what Purplenum can have, it can obtain a bunch of mechguns. It can obtain the "Holy Trinity" set weapons of Rangers which includes Frozen Shooter, Spread Needle, and a pair of mechguns. It is the only ID that can obtain Yasminkov 9000M, which is a mechgun with rifle range. And mechguns get much more powerful later on. So this is an ID which makes the end game a lot easier.

Alternate choice would be Viridia, which obtain a lot of shotguns. Nothing to redeeming there though since the ID's most famous weapon, Yasha, is only usable by Hunters only.
    As much as I'd like to have some 9000Ms (and I might just start looking for them soon... damn temple) the 3000R is much easier to find, and personally, I like using weapons that have short combos, and though muchguns have better DPS later on, I like the mobility that comes with a shorter overall combo.

While I like the Greenill, I don't think a ranger will need both a purplenum and a greenill. I don't know if you're on GC or BB or what, but if you're on GC, then you should think about a Redria for your second character if you want to make a support character.
    Last edited by ViewtifulJoe; Jan 19, 2010 at 07:17 PM.
    CHARACTERS, All on ult, GC offline, Last updated 1/31/10:
    Me: Yellowboze, HUcast, lvl. 156---Joe: Redria, RAmarl, 142
    GamE n WatcH: Greenill, FOnewm, 133---Pyrofreak: Oran, FOmar, 126
    Sil'fer: Skyly, HUnewearl, 108---Mr. Beeez: Viridia, HUmar, 105
    SGT. Cool: Bluefull, RAcast, 104---The internet: Purplenum, FOmarl, 63