Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A final request

I HIGHLY recommend final fantasy tactics. One of my favorite games of all time and I haven't even played a final fantasy since seven so I am not one of the biased FF fans who plays every game just because of the name attached to it.

And I would second the Lunar series. Played the originals for sega cd and the remakes for playstation 1. If you ever happen to cross paths with the 2 lunar games I would pick them up. I believe they may be somewhat hard to find now a days.
    Last edited by Ketchup345; Feb 7, 2010 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Double post

Monster Hunter 3 on the Wii (coming soon). It's like PSO with Dinosaurs

Though you're probably looking for online games...

Quote Originally Posted by gratefulgriz View Post
    Shining Force
    Seconding this, definitely try out Shining Force and Shining Force 2, both for the Genesis. They have some ports in collections and various console DLCs. Steer clear of any of the "newer" ones such as EXA and Neo, though.

Also give Vandal Hearts for PSX a look. Isometric SRPG that's a 50/50 blend of FFT and Shining Force/Fire Emblem with some solid backstory and character development. Again, though, avoid Vandal Hearts 2 or the new 360 XBLA title.

Shame you seemed to have missed out on PSO EPIII (the card game one). It's very reminiscent of the SRPG style and shares many things in common with the genre, and it followed a form which allowed tactical online battles, something you don't see supported by many SRPGs.

I just remembered another series, Ogre Battle. It's a war-SRPG type series that involves forming army units of your characters and directing them on the battlefield. The interesting aspect here is the unit to unit battles are not specifically in your control, but you manage each unit's style and combat strategy. Very unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Delete View Post
    I guess Final Fantasy, but skip Tactics and play the newer ones bro.
    What.

No.

On-topic: Aren't there other PSU games you can play? I thought the game came out on PSP?

As for new games specifically - stop playing time sinks and expand your horizons a little bit? That would be my main recommendation to anybody coming off of one of these games.

Demon's Souls cannot be stressed enough if your a fan of action RPG's.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Thanks a lot for your recommendations. I'll be checking into several of them. I should've been a little more explicit in my original post but felt it was long enough the way it was. At this point, I'm looking for PC games, possibly online is fine.

I have the Shining Forces. - - loved them, played them to death.
    I do have Valkyrie Profile for PS1 -- strange but interesting game - got far but not sure why I didn't finish it.
    Sword of Vermillion was fun too. -- I basically have all Genesis games.

Again, thanks for the suggestions. Jp servers and xbox are not really options for me at this time. I may dabble in offline PSU a bit but I remember how lonely that was -- especially considering that I'm coming from 2 years of online mode. There are definitely some games posters mentioned that I'm going to check out. Some I've never even heard of (Desgea?)

Thanks again for your help. Keep playing whatever you enjoy. As long as you're having fun --- that's the whole point! I'm sure I will check posts from time to time.

Wait, do the servers close on March 31st? That sucks...that's my birthday T.T

Happy birthday to me...