Default Question about class lvs

I read something earlier today and I am a bit confused by what he/she said. When lving up your class like hunter or ranger, you gain stats but do those stats still apply to your char even if your not using that class? Like say I wana play my ranger but I lv up the hunter for a few lvs. Will doing so effect my stats when I go back to playing my Ranger? I didnt think this was true but I'm still not to familiar with PS: P2 yet. Any help would be great.

Yeah, if you come back to a class, the bonuses stay. However, they don't affect other classes.

Your class stats are only active while you play that class. Your class lv will be saved when you change classes. Your stats are only affected by your current class, and your other class stats won't be active.

Thats what I thought. I was gona say that seems a bit unfair. Ok so my atp and stam stats wont carry over from my hunter to my ranger. Someone said that they would and I was very skeptical of that. Thanks for clarifying that for me. The reason being was my Male Cast Ranger does crap damage compared to everyone else. And I was trying to find a way to make him stronger so that he hits a bit harder. He is only lv 40 right now so Im not sure if they get better with age or not!

The perks that you can turn on/off stay though. As far as I know all of them stay but I might be wrong. Like I'm a few levels in to Vanguard, so if I went to Hunter I could still turn on the HP regen that I got at level 3 vanguard. I'm guessing thats what they meant by transferable.