Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Backing up my save data with all my chars

So, I found out its possible to back up your save data for I guess most, if not, all games you play. I know you can copy games onto your Memory stick and all, which I did, but I know for me atleast when I play that game data, its a whole set of knew data. So I was wondering if there is a way for me to back up my save data, including all my characters and all that, onto something else such as a memory stick in case mine gets corrupted or something.

I am using a PspGo, and like I said, I do have a memory stick Micro, but I can't install the PSPGo Media disc thing that did come with my PSPGo for some reason. But I don't think that that would be directly needed to backup said data.

Might be a bit different for a Go, but all you should have to do is plug your PSP into your PC using the mini-USB cord, then go to PSP/SAVEDATA, and pick the game you want to save your data for. Just copy it onto your PC and put it in a folder you'll recognize.

↑↑ PSO-World Chat // PSO-World Ventrilo ↓↓

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandria View Post
    Might be a bit different for a Go, but all you should have to do is plug your PSP into your PC using the mini-USB cord, then go to PSP/SAVEDATA, and pick the game you want to save your data for. Just copy it onto your PC and put it in a folder you'll recognize.
    What she said >_>
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 Data:
    Sieghart Beast M Lv140

Alright, that would make sense, just wanted to make sure that would work, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gintoki-kun View Post
    What she said >_>
    Thanks for the entirely pointless post. You may as well had just put "+1" and left it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Monochromatic-Fiend View Post
    Alright, that would make sense, just wanted to make sure that would work, thanks!
    Like I said though, I think it's a little different with the Go sometimes. It has a built in HDD or something right? If your saves are saved right to your memory stick, you should be able to do what I said, but if they're on your HDD, I dunno...someone with a Go will have to answer.

Thanks for the entirely pointless post. You may as well had just put "+1" and left it at that.

Like I said though, I think it's a little different with the Go sometimes. It has a built in HDD or something right? If your saves are saved right to your memory stick, you should be able to do what I said, but if they're on your HDD, I dunno...someone with a Go will have to answer.
    I'm pretty sure its the same, I plugged it in, went to my savedata folder, found the game, and now am in the process of founding where I should put it.

So you wanted more like "I agree with Alexandria advice because it will be clearly the same thing on the Go,just go to your psp/save folder find the folder and drag it somewhere you can easily find it."

I don't know why you couldn't just leave at that,since I seen most people do that.
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 Data:
    Sieghart Beast M Lv140

Quote Originally Posted by Monochromatic-Fiend View Post
    I'm pretty sure its the same, I plugged it in, went to my savedata folder, found the game, and now am in the process of founding where I should put it.
    I just made a folder on my desktop named PSP backup. I made folders inside with the dates on them for ease of access too.

If I were to go into my PSP, would I see different files of save data for multiple characters? Or is it all lumped into one save?

If it's one save then how does downloading different people's save data work?

Quote Originally Posted by pso123hrf View Post
    If I were to go into my PSP, would I see different files of save data for multiple characters? Or is it all lumped into one save?

If it's one save then how does downloading different people's save data work?
    1.It's all one save. One save = 8 characters

2.idk because i dont do that -_-'