Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Console?

I won the Nobel prize for texting while on duty Ithildin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Well, some people (that don't have those types of fund to throw around) do mind, myself included. Some people don't have a full-time job, or do have kids, and can't afford to buy a new laptop and/or upgrade their desktop.
    Things move on I'm afraid. Get with the program.
    Click On Banner

Blu-ray discs hold more. I really want PSO2 on PS3 since PS3 titles usually get additional content due to the extra space. Also the PS3 makes you update your games. Good way to keep people from exploiting stuff. Not to mention that the PS3 is the hardest system to hack. For that reason alone we should beg for PSO2 on PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by CLARK View Post
    Not to mention that the PS3 is the hardest system to hack. For that reason alone we should beg for PSO2 on PS3.
    Haven't been keeping up with the news lately, have you?

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    Haven't been keeping up with the news lately, have you?
    yeah forget the ps3

Not my fault the same goes for Microsoft. At least it took us a while.

I am personally hoping for a console release as well. I have a PS3/360, and hacks were wild in PSU PC(also affecting PS2 I guess) so I'm not a fan of that aspect. It's easier to update a game like that, but honestly if it's like PSU and has most of the content on the disk, then I definitely want a better-secured console version- preferably 360 I think...
    "Here is the map. All the info is there, except for the info that isn't there." -Onett Librarian
    Let's Play something.
    PSO2 Alpha:
    Level 20 HUnewearl:Level 20 RAmarl:Level 20 FOnewearl:Level 18 HUcaseal

Funny thing if this happens.

If Microsoft worked out a deal with Sonic Team so that the game was only released as an xbox 360 exclusive. That would sell a million 360's in Japan, which is what Microsoft really needs there. No mater how they slice it, even with giving Sonic Team a boatload of cash. Maybe then the Japan and US servers can be friends once again, it will likely not happen but is just on my wish list.

However I also like that it is more than likely going to the PS3. Probably only PS3 since Xbox is so weak in Japan. Nothing against PS3, I just don't own one. Wish I did.

Quote Originally Posted by CLARK View Post
    Blu-ray discs hold more. I really want PSO2 on PS3 since PS3 titles usually get additional content due to the extra space. Also the PS3 makes you update your games. Good way to keep people from exploiting stuff. Not to mention that the PS3 is the hardest system to hack. For that reason alone we should beg for PSO2 on PS3.
    The PS3 was hacked this month, and the hack is so horrible, Sony will have release a huge update which will take months to make or release their next console. The hackers even admitted that to Sony themselves. They also released it to all the other hackers on the internet, so the PS3 is pretty much screwed unless Sony does something fast. I have all systems, and it really makes me mad, but because of this, it would be better for it to be on the xbox 360.
    Last edited by Frozensword; Jan 25, 2011 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozensword View Post
    The PS3 was hacked this month, and the hack is so horrible, Sony will have release a huge update which will take months to make or release their next console. The hackers even admitted that to Sony themselves. They also released it to all the other hackers on the internet, so the PS3 is pretty much screwed unless Sony does something fast. I have all systems, and it really makes me mad, but because of this, it would be better for it to be on the xbox 360.
    I think you're understating the gravity of the hacks that happened - it's not something that's a software fix, but rather, the only forseeable solution to stop all of this hacking is to lock out all existing software from running on PS3s by changing the required security keys. It's not something you just patch in.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

The hackers that did it said something about a patch.