View Poll Results: What have you seen happen in freeplay? (the descriptions of the answers are below)

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cross-Breed Chaos

1 8.33%
  • Wrong Weapon Worries

3 25.00%
  • Boss Fight BS

3 25.00%
  • Elemental Idiocy

2 16.67%
  • Chating Catastrophy

3 25.00%
  • Ultimate N00bitism

7 58.33%
  • Other

1 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Worgen Pride Biatch!!! Clavat99's Avatar
    On Eternal Towers 101st floor, sitting on Heavens Mother's mutilated corpse, taking in the view...

Angry The stupid people thread...Share your freeplay horror stories!!!!

I have recently ended up in a 4-man freeplay group...and the other 3 had no clue what they were doing despite the fact they were all above level 75. I decided to post this thread to allow people to share the stories they have of other players' acts of sheer stupidity! (Please, if you know the person, do not give names)

Here is the key to the poll:

Cross-Breed Chaos: A player is using a certain class for something they wer enot mean to do. (ex: A player plays as an mtp-spec FO and equips a sword and tries to be a tank, which is the purpose of the HU's)

Wrong Weapon Worries: A player uses a wepaon for something it shouldnt be used for. (ex: a player takes a handgun and goes in at melee range, instead of staying back)

Boss Fight BS: A player fights a boss with a strategy so stupid, its almost as if they are trying to make the party wipe. (ex: They get caught in octo-diablos first phase suck attack, and instead of aiming him toward the other plaers so they can get in as many attacks on his head as possible, the player runs and tries to get the other players INFRONT of the boss. So now not only are they not near his attackable area, now they get caught in his ink spray.)

Elemental Idiocy: A FO uses nothing but the the elemental tech that an enemy has resistance to. (ex: unleashes a continuous blast of Megid attacks on Dark Falz, who has high dark resistance, instead of using Grants which deals extra dammage.)

Chating Catastrophy: The player wants to do nothing but chat during runs. (ex: They stand over in the corner and try to communicate with the preset phrases)

Ultimate N00bitism: The you are higher level than the player, so they just stand in the corner, act like they are afg (away from game) and let you do all the fighting, only ot show they are still there when the chest appears then they come in and get their loot.

Other: Anything not listed here.

Now share all your stories below!
    .:Soldiers of Eternity Guild Leader:.
    HUcasts FTW
    For all Elder Scrolls IV players: The Gates of Oblivion
    Check out my epic RPG at: http://starscapeng.webs.com

Can't think of anything, but if I might comment, a FO who uses offensive techs at all against Falz would qualify as Boss Fight BS. IIRC, he has 75% resistance to GRANTS on NORMAL mode... Yeah, broken, I know.

Cross-Breed Chaos

^ Now, that is a bit subjective. Sometimes, due to a failure of balancing, this actually works in the player's favor.

For instance. A Cast Hunter who decides to go gun-heavy. Not the player's fault they make better rangers than the Cast Ranger.

OR a Force player who decides to go a bit crazy with slicers instead of techs.

Or the funny aspect of how a Force player could struggle against Falz using techs, yet pull off the Pogo Stick melee combo from one of their staffs and suddenly be a major Falz Killer?

This game is great. But there are a few things that are about as misleading as Sega did for Guntechers in PSU. (Yep. Let's keep promoting them for something, in which the *stronger* abilities um, we didn't realize they were there. Then we'll rebalance them up for something for which yet another thing is their strongest weapon? Hmm. When will we get it right?)
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Dec 31, 2010 at 02:44 PM.

On Eternal Towers 101st floor, sitting on Heavens Mother's mutilated corpse, taking in the view...

Im not saying that some of these arent comon for good players to do (i actually go RA with my HUcast occasionally), the point of this thread is for sharing stories of people who CANT pull it off, and end up ruining the entire run because of it.
    HUcasts FTW

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX XxGoregrinderxX's Avatar

Chating Catastrophy

I want to talk to my Party-players and die all the time.
    It was very boring.
    Same thing in PSP:2.

lol it seems everybody does that nowadays
    HUcasts FTW

when i'm playing in a four man party, i tend to play my PC how it's NOT supposed to be played. A HU spamming OE and a FO spamming MS together is over efficient while a HU spamming Force Ride with Goo Swatter and a FO spamming MS together allows for the rest of the party to feel like they are contributing.

my only grip really is when noobs don't wait before the room to receive buffs, and they don't say Thank You either

FYI, FOes are gods in DS but suck against Falz. Gigrants is a great way to AoE the balls though.
    Your signature image is over the file size limit. Please reduce to 35,000 bytes or less. Refer to the forum rules for further sig limit details.
    my to do list:
    1. find a job
    2. take over the world
    3. buy groceries

Once I played online with someone (don't remember name) and I thought they were a ranger because they had a gun. we go to the shrine level.

at the first enemies, they immediately run up to start attacking. I was behind because I forgot to deposit my money, so they died within the first minute.

I revived him and thought "well that won't happen again right?"... Wrong!

He always ran up, took lots of damage and almost died. I was constantly healing him.

We make it to mother trinity (somehow) and he does alright at the first part, them when we're attacking mother trinity herself... he's close up and being attacked again. He even stood there attacking while she was doing her headbang attacks. I'm thinking, "You've got to be kidding" I sometimes have a problem with that attack when I roll close to the edge and it doesn't let me move... but this was even an attemp.
    I was running low on fluids, having healed them over the course of the level. so I didn't revive him this time. He kept spamming text blocking my view on both mother trinity and dark falz, "I" finally beat them got the items and just left.

I have one persistent issue with incompetent players. They are incapable of healing themselves. When your health is low, HEAL YOURSELF!!!! I don't like going out of my way to revive players that die because of their own stupidity. You know who you are..

I am a Olga Flow to know what you are take the quiz here.

This is my pet rabbit. His name is Kireek
    (\(\
    (-.-)
    o.(")(")

Lol as a HUcast, i dont have to worry about heals as much, and i always try to heal myself when i can. the problem arises when i end up with people who think its a good idea to let me do all the fighting while they change weapons. I end up blowing 25-40k in mates just to get through one SH area. Its nice when i end up with a healing FO though... i never have to worry about mates, since they are paranoid most of the time lol. "OMFG!!!! HES AT 894/896 hp!!!!! HEAL HEAL HEAL!!!!"
    HUcasts FTW