Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 313839404142434451 ... LastLast

bastages! lol. Guess plenty of time to make that lvl 200 character lol.

It took almost 2 months, but I finally got my PSP Go back for a defective LCD screen (the back light wasn't functioning anymore)

There's ONE tiny little pixel on this one they sent back that is forever green, but I don't want to go through that whole process again oi

The demo file is 572 MB compressed.

Sometimes the bubbles on the crab are invisible except on radar and lock-on...

-Wayu

I have to say, the demo feels more like PSO than ever- love the interface, etc. I'm also pleasantly surprised just how much I can understand despite being REALLY rusty in Japanese since I graduated. The one great thing I love- how every cutscene gets voice acting. Really brings them to life better. I hope somehow that Infinity gets more voice acting Stateside if it comes out. My favorite part though? The screenshot feature. Really reminds me of the good ol days, enables everyone to make easy screenshot posts, and honestly, it's part of my favorite thing to do in communities like this... viewing screenshots I mean.

TL;DR I am glad I have it pre-ordered from Play-Asia.XD
    "Here is the map. All the info is there, except for the info that isn't there." -Onett Librarian
    Let's Play something.
    PSO2 Alpha:
    Level 20 HUnewearl:Level 20 RAmarl:Level 20 FOnewearl:Level 18 HUcaseal

Little information about a bug I may have found, it'd be cool if others could verify it for me:
    If you attempt to perform weapon synthesis/fusion, after you succeed you'll be stuck at the counter unable to come out.
    I tried this with two of my characters already and it yelded the same "stuck at counter" result (mind you, I tried it with the same weapons).
    Is this happening with anyone else, or is it just some random bug that is happening to me?

Does anyone know what those 2 percentages on infinity missions mean?
    PSP2i: Irenes lvl 155 Human Force
    Maximilian lvl 82 Duman Ranger
    Ryoho lvl 95 Beast Vanguard

Quote Originally Posted by DarK-SuN View Post
    Little information about a bug I may have found, it'd be cool if others could verify it for me:
    If you attempt to perform weapon synthesis/fusion, after you succeed you'll be stuck at the counter unable to come out.
    I tried this with two of my characters already and it yelded the same "stuck at counter" result (mind you, I tried it with the same weapons).
    Is this happening with anyone else, or is it just some random bug that is happening to me?
    Yes, I'm quoting myself, but I found the problem.
    I was attempting to fuse a 43% Stag Cutlery with 4 other Stag Cutleries (all below 30%, therefore each Stag Cutlery would add 2% to the base 43% Stag Cutlery, up to 50%).

By calculating this, you'd have a resulting 51% Stag Cutlery, which is, of course, impossible and the game even says this with a prompt saying the weapon will only go up to 50%.
    However, something in this check fails and the counter locks up, not generating ANY weapon since it's above 50%, then locking up the counter since it has no weapon to return to your inventory.

I further tested this theory by only fusing 3 Stags with the original 43% Stag, which would result in a 49% Stag, and this indeed worked.
    Then I fused the remaining Stag with the previous 49% Stag, which would lead to a 51% Stag, and the counter lock up occured again.

If someone can confirm that this also happens to them, it would be nice.
    Even better if someone could report this (after the demo's official release) to Sakai and his team, since it's kind of a game breaking bug, even if a hard one to pull off due to the small margin of error that I was (un)lucky enough to stumble upon.

Addendum: when I did this, the Stag Cutleries were all I had in my inventory, no other weapon at all, in case this makes any difference for the end result.
    Last edited by DarK-SuN; Jan 8, 2011 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Adding an addendum with an extra detail.

I have a question regarding the classes. From what others say, some of the charge shot II's are useful, while others are just silly. For example, the charge shot II for longbows forces the user to get close to an enemy to use. While the damage may be great, it's kinda awkward to run up with a ranged weapon to attack.

How are rangers compared to everyone else? I'm guessing hunters, vanguards, and forces will out damage rangers in Infinity?

Quote Originally Posted by DarK-SuN View Post

When I was reading 2ch someone described this very same bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky 777 View Post
    Does anyone know what those 2 percentages on infinity missions mean?
    I'd like to know what they mean too.
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

Quote Originally Posted by pso123hrf View Post
    I have a question regarding the classes. From what others say, some of the charge shot II's are useful, while others are just silly. For example, the charge shot II for longbows forces the user to get close to an enemy to use. While the damage may be great, it's kinda awkward to run up with a ranged weapon to attack.

How are rangers compared to everyone else? I'm guessing hunters, vanguards, and forces will out damage rangers in Infinity?
    The primary design behind most Charge Shots II is for an AoE shot in the case you become surrounded. This is why most of the CSII, such as Rifle, Bow, Shotgun, T. Handgun, and Mechgun, are more close-quarters than the rest. I personally don't have a problem going up close and personal using Bow or Mechgun CSII, and I use a Dewman Ranger

As for Damage, Rangers can blow everything away thanks to the aforementioned CSII, so we do fairly well in terms of solo play.
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."