Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Should use them to make an EVP HUnewearl. They're BEAST.

But yes, effing stingy Tormatibles, I have yet to get my own Eridanus from them, but I've gotten at least 5 Divine/Swifts. Eridanus w/ Lv3 and Bright Sign will forever be on my wants list. :/

(Also, Luck materials in the original PSO had nothing to do with droprates, it only increased the chances of landing critical hits on regular attacks, max of I think 20 or 25% chance of crit at 100 LCK.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

100 luck will hit a crit roughly 1 out of every 3 hits, it also has effect past 100 but the higher your luck the less effect more luck adds to your crits. Much like a Logarithmic graph.

While there is an increase of effect it's not as noticeable. To get your critical hits to about 50% you'll need somewhere around 250-300 luck.

ROFLMOA! That is awesome But I like my picture better

Last edited by Windancer; Feb 23, 2011 at 05:47 PM.

Level 93 Humar-Winders **Retired**
    Level 100 Ramar-Rick Hunter **Retired**
    Level 100 Fomar-Windancer **Retired**

I play with my Lv.97 HUnewm mostly, and It's still hard to find the super rares. last one I found was N-Tathlum from a Izharak but I fucked up and fed it to my mag. I think I was lucky to even find that because I've done nearly 100 solo runs offline in Paru with him. Then I checked how many of that monster I had killed and it was barely over 1,000. If I remember correctly. Anyway rares are rare as they say, but you could get lucky so don't get too discouraged!

In my opinion there is some truth in being higher level and getting more rares. As already stated in this thread being higher level does not increase the droprate. However if you are higher level you are probably likely to kill monsters faster and therefore getting more rares faster.

A simple way of putting it would be something I am sure everyone have heard, "time is money".

Norco   Prins Erik    RA-421

Worgen Pride Biatch!!! Clavat99's Avatar
    On Eternal Towers 101st floor, sitting on Heavens Mother's mutilated corpse, taking in the view...

Its a common misconception to the uneducated player that level affects drop rates. That lower levels never see even a 6star item until their 30s or 40s. Well let me ask you this: Are you playing on hard and super hard in your low levels? Didn't thinks so. The only reason it seems that level affects drop rates is because you are playing more often in the difficulties where those kick-ass items drop during your high levels. If you took your level 100 and went and did nothing but play normal for a month, i can almost guarantee you that you will never get anything higher than a 4 star.
    .:Soldiers of Eternity Guild Leader:.
    HUcasts FTW
    For all Elder Scrolls IV players: The Gates of Oblivion
    Check out my epic RPG at: http://starscapeng.webs.com

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clavat99 View Post
    Its a common misconception to the uneducated player that level affects drop rates. That lower levels never see even a 6star item until their 30s or 40s. Well let me ask you this: Are you playing on hard and super hard in your low levels? Didn't thinks so. The only reason it seems that level affects drop rates is because you are playing more often in the difficulties where those kick-ass items drop during your high levels. If you took your level 100 and went and did nothing but play normal for a month, i can almost guarantee you that you will never get anything higher than a 4 star.
    You have the misconception people think of hunting things in difficulties they are not capable of being in, or hunt in difficulties to where the item most certainly has no chance of dropping in (as mentioned before, hunting anything over 5* in Normal, since besides materials, nothing over 5* drops in Normal, and nothing over 6* drops in Hard). I would imagine anyone would realize that as far as these speculations go, it's going to be assumed the player is at least of the difficulty the item may be found in, and has the capability of finding, and defeating, the enemy that can drop it on at least a semi-regular basis. Facts straight, yes, if you're a higher level, you can usually kill things faster than a lower-level, but that's an assumption taking factors that AREN'T level into consideration.

As far as JUST level is concerned, no, level will not affect the rate rares drop. I've known several people who've gotten really-high-level gear like the shurikens or the Lv90 gear (Lavis, Yas M109, and PWand) before they even got near Lv90. It's all based on the player's luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277