Default Tips for picking a class?

Okay so i've been playing the game a lot in between work but it's impossible for me to pick a good starting class, and i've seen a lot of people i've spoken to that have had the same issue.

Any tips? It's the way the game is built and the information out there that sort of leads down to what would be a solid class; should it be a farming class, a straight out power leveling class, etc?

Just wondering in case anyone ever really looks through the search function and finds all the random "should i pick this class" but never any good tips on how to start this game...i'm shocked at how involving it actually is, reminds me more and more of PSO, but without the irritation that was section id's haha.
    Last edited by Omunall; Mar 24, 2011 at 01:33 PM.

In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

...IMO, all the classes are fine; even the rangers can be decent. I'd say pick whichever you think looks the coolest. If I based my character choices in any PS game solely on the character stats, I'd have gotten bored with this series after an hour, solely because I'd hate my character's looks. And there's the fact that when you're just thinking about getting that character because of it's stats/bonuses so he/she can better farm this/that, the tedious grind hiding beneath every single PS game becomes too apparent for my taste.

I suppose that's true. I ended up picking a FOmar, RAcast, and HUnewearl. I would have gone HUcast but i wanted to have one ranger class, so i figured what the hell lol.

So you never think about your character's roles? This is the first time in a PS game that i never took a healer

chose the one that you like more how it look. I always try to fill the role of my character, that way you can play with people without problem.

Worgen Pride Biatch!!! Clavat99's Avatar
    On Eternal Towers 101st floor, sitting on Heavens Mother's mutilated corpse, taking in the view...

It all depends on how you want to play. Melee? HU. Ranged? RA. Magic? FO. All the classes work fine as starting charectors, the only thing is though that some develop faster than others. And as for the races, it really dosnt matter. Once again, depends on how you want to play.
    .:Soldiers of Eternity Guild Leader:.
    HUcasts FTW
    For all Elder Scrolls IV players: The Gates of Oblivion
    Check out my epic RPG at: http://starscapeng.webs.com

This is late, but I find that Hunters are usually the easiest to get into the game since it's fairly simple to run up and kill something. Anyone of them will do really. Their weapon pools are fairly diverse so you can experiment and find the weapon that's right for you.

Forces have a steeper curve because of their techs being so taxing in the beginning. Rangers have lower stats and Ranged combat requires a better use of tactics.

Overall, it's about aesthetics really. You will develop a greater connection with you PC if you like the way they look.
    Your signature image is over the file size limit. Please reduce to 35,000 bytes or less. Refer to the forum rules for further sig limit details.
    my to do list:
    1. find a job
    2. take over the world
    3. buy groceries