Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Offline Mode

Default Offline options?

I know it's PS Online, but it would be nice if they had some sort of offline option.
    Maybe like PSU on ps2 where you can have your extra mode characters. I know this was fail on PSO from people hacking then taking all the stuff online, effectively ruining any sort of economy, or an item actually being rare. But for those of us who can't get online much or have crappy internet even a bare bones offline version is better than having nothing.

megaoka | Kaz | Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by IceGreg View Post
    PSU story campain was boring, always doing the same things....But you're probably right, if the servers are down those who want, should be able to play the game offline
    Yeah the PSU storyline was shxt. I got more story out of PSO and it didn't have an sorry excuse for a "campaign".

Also the offline and online modes, I can bet will be present, but I highly doubt they will tie together whatsoever.
    megaoka | Kaz | Ship 2

The reason PSO's storyline worked so well is because it didn't really connect to the main hub of the game. The way you did the story is you would go through all the quests until the end and each story was a contained section in a mission. And on top of that it wasn't a story about your character it was a story about other characters and 2 main characters which you have never met. It's not even the beginning of the story either, pioneer 1 already landed and it lived out it's day than pioneer 2 lands and it's steeped with rumors about what happened to pioneer 1. The game is rich with mystery.

I hope PSO2 goes in the same direction. And yes it should be able to be played Offline. If they have to separate online and offline again than they should.

The offline mode in PSU was more of a tutorial than a story mode showing off all the things each race can do b4 letting u create ur own character, its really so u don't eff up ur first character but really who really still uses their first character after about 2000 hrs of gameplay (I do =P). all in all having offline mode would be nice it'd let us all get to grips with the new game mechanics but I'd rather not be bored while im doing it...an mmo with a good story, thats a tall order I know.
    Just let me put my arms around you.

I'd say at least allow offline mode for players to get an actual taste of the gameplay and story so they know what they're getting into online. Ironically, AotI for 360 never got patched with an offline mode for Episode 2. It only updated the mechanics and drops from Episode 1 into AotI format. Other than that, PSO:BB was the only other game in the series that never got an offline mode. You had to pay to play period. I actually am hoping an offline mode is possible.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

My bad did'nt see the topic right below (-_- close this one plz thx

I guess it would'nt be too much of a let down, but it just kind of sucked when all the sudden they droped the servers in the US for PSU PC/PS2. If anything just make the servers worldwide so everyone would be in the same boat and no one gets jipped

Quote Originally Posted by r00tabaga View Post
    Offline is needed just for the sole purpose of "reaching all non-PC" gamers. Everyone loves Phantasy Star but not everyone has online capabilities. Besides, I plan on getting a gaming laptop and chances are I will want to play this off-line in areas where there are no Wi-Fi (my work for example).
    It would be kind of dumb for them to buy a game called Phantasy Star Online 2, then.

Also, you should probably be doing work while at work.

The original PSO had an offline segment as well, though. I don't see why they'd take that out. Having both covers all sides.

-Wayu