Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BomberStrife View Post
    SOOO lemme get this straight. You're pitying people over a game?
    Wow! It must be nice. Can PSP2iJP cure Cancer? Does it really make you better than us Vanilla players? Does it make your peepee bigger?

Look, importing is all fine and dandy, but don't damn, or "pity" us "lolinferiorvanillagaem :3" players, just because were not playing some game. Not everyone wants to learn Japanese, or refer to a guide all the time, or shell out $50-$70 bucks for some PSP game, and then convince 3 other people to do the same, especially when there are plenty of other games to play.

To be honest, I am just fine with PSP2, and I think it was a damn good localization. (We got our precious Weaboo Password items right?) Sure, I want PSP2i, but I can deal with the possibility of it not coming to the states. If it doesn't, then no big deal, no skin off my ass, I still have plenty of things to do in the original game. Now if you'll excuse me.
    *this pretty much*

I mean I did import Infinity but I don't think it's right to force people into importing or make them feel like they are shit for not doing it. Makes us importers seem like elitist dicks. The most we can do is suggest based on our own experiences with the game. If you guys don't want to import then that's fine, I'll respect your decision. I bought all the versions of the game because I love the Phantasy Star series.

I'm pretty content with my copy of Infinity, but if by some miracle it gets translated over for English, then I will buy it.

the problem was that the crops weren't as much as the seeds planted
    my character on psp2i:
    ダニエル human male
    R. フィニガン beast male
    シュタウフェンベルク cast female
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic61202_6.gif

Because they didn't water them! o Ao

Heh

Quote Originally Posted by yoshiblue View Post
    You look at what you did wrong and try once more with feeling.
    We're dealing with a company here. The accountants will look at the books and ask themselves "Did that make us money?"
    Code:
    while(money_made > money_spent) {
              makeSequel;
    }
    That didn't come out right.

This:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    Sega isn't about making games. They're about making money. Games are just the intermediary product used to generate profit. And to a point, they have to be.
    sounds much better.

They could have always taken an EA approach and sold the game and make people buy the DLCs. But whats done is done.

Edit: Would be bad because EA's extra stuffs are usually around the same price as the game its self.
    Last edited by yoshiblue; Jul 31, 2011 at 08:51 PM.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

I don't learn Japanese, I just see the first Japanese symbol and put that as w/e it is. lol worked for me when I played PSUJP.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Indeed. Sega are not a collective of individuals bound to create games as a means by which to exemplify some ineffable sense of ethical righteousness in video games, and chained to ideological axioms which guide their corporate decisions toward the ends of promoting or repressing social behaviors in their customers.
    WHAT do you mean?

In other words, they don't give a fuck about cheaters.
    Ohhh... Well why didn't you just say that!?

You look at what you did wrong and try once more with feeling.
    We're dealing with a company here. The accountants will look at the books and ask themselves "Did that make us money?"
    That is so true! Reading this is a bit discouraging, but true, and probably expected of most companies.
    Last edited by Mike; Aug 1, 2011 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Merge

All I see Infinity as is PSPo2 with A bunch of collaborations and a 5 extra chapter story line.
    Like BomberStrife said, I'm happy with the original, but I will get Infinity if it does get out of JP.

Quote Originally Posted by Taijutsu-Joshua View Post
    WHAT do you mean?
    Exactly what I had said.

Ohhh... Well why didn't you just say that!?
    Because the first sentence was a rebuttal to Flash Ranger's suggestion, which is something I've seen other people offer as well from time to time when trying to rationalize Sega's behavior. It feels better to blame cheaters, I think, because it frames the issue as one of ethics and justice. It's easier to relate to on a human level. Business isn't like that though, and in many ways it resembles the bloody tooth and claw of the natural world. Economies and ecologies are astoundingly analogous in their behavior patterns, and this includes ruthless pursuit of profit as a means to not only survive.. but grow (because if you're not adapting and growing your brand, it's going to atrophy - and weakening it against the competition). However the decisions necessary to ensure survival and growth often require a-moral decision making - which doesn't consider what's right or wrong... but values efficacy and efficiency instead. It's harder to relate to on a human level... especially when you're a fan of the company and the products it makes, which often is accompanied by some level of adoption into the "tribal identity" (extreme cases are called fanboyism) and anthropomorphism - ascribing human traits to what is non-human as means of relating to and interacting with it.

Some people see cheating and it's effect on the community as an offense to their sense of justice and ethics, and they project that assumption onto Sega when trying to figure out why they... say, don't release JP content in the US/EU... or won't localize PSP2oI. Because (some might reason) we haven't learned how to share a communal space like civilized people, and continue to break the game, harass, and terrorize each other with cheats - then they're going to take our toys away and withhold them until we can learn to grow the fuck up and just have fun. Or perhaps some see it as a purity issue, wherein they speculate that Sega spends all this time and money and effort to provide us the best game they can possibly produce, and we promptly turn around and cover it with shit and spam and hacks. Why would they want, then, to even bother creating a game like PSU/PSO if that's the end result of releasing it in the US? How would you feel if YOUR project, that you worked hard on and took pride in, were ripped to pieces by unappreciative baboons with a cable internet line? I've seen both those lines of argument used before... albeit rarely... by Sega apologists and the most optimistic of die-hard fans.

But those are absurdities and delusions, because Sega isn't your buddy and they're not your team. They don't care about you beyond what you can spend, and what it's going to cost them to keep you happy long enough to spend a justifiable amount of it.

(And yes, I know Corporations are "legally" considered to be a "person" within the court system - granting them many of the same legal rights and protections and you and I have.

And no, I did not sleep at a Holiday Inn last night. I've just been sippin whiskey and watching TEDtalks again.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ami View Post
    Makes us importers seem like elitist dicks.
    Importing does make you an elitist dick. I know first hand, because it happened to me. The very first thing I ever imported from Japan was the ASCII NGC Keyboard Controller combo for PSO Ep I & II, and it turned me into a major elitist dick after the very first night of playing.

Well, ok, maybe not elitist.... it just turned me into a massive regular dick. But that's what happens when you're only one of five people on the whole server who can troll at cruising speed while everyone else was reduced to using the On Screen Keyboard to type with one key at a time like their grandmas getting on the internet for the first time.

"With great power, comes great responsibility." ~ Spider-Man. It was a lesson I learned too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    This:

Sega isn't about making games. They're about making money. Games are just the intermediary product used to generate profit. And to a point, they have to be.
    sounds much better.
    Yeah, I thought I stole that little nugget from Lee Iaccoca... but I went to verify and a lot of people say it was "Some former GM exec", and a lot also say it was Henry Ford, and some say it was Alfred Sloan. It was someone in the Big Three who said it at least.

I think.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Aug 1, 2011 at 12:09 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Quote Originally Posted by yoshiblue View Post
    Well if the seeds have already been planted(PSP2) and withered. You look at what you did wrong and try once more with feeling. Unless the mongols came and put salt all over your soil.
    SEGA = farmers.

PSUPedia staff = mongols (according to SEGA).