Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Challenges and PvP?

Hey there guys, I've been reading up on the news about PSO2, everything looks awesome, it seems they learned a lot from PSZ, PSP and PSU. However one of my favorite features back on Ep 1 & 2 was the challenge mode, has there been any news on this?

And has been pvp been confirmed?

If the Flinstones happened before christ...how come they celebrate x-mas?

No challenge mode or any forms of PvP, as far as I know right now, but there's still a possibility. The game's barely in Alpha stages, after all.

Also, I believe there was already a PvP-related thread posted here somewhere...

*EDIT* Found it.
    Last edited by Tetsaru; Aug 8, 2011 at 04:29 PM.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

No, no news on these at all.
    I do hope there is some form of Challenge Mode in PSO2. PVP/Battle mode I really could not care less for.

I will be happy if Sakai Team will at least give us consistant updates and new content, such as fun and interesting quests/special missions, C-Mode, special holiday events, patches to improve the game functions, new areas, special shops, mini-games, similar to all those things that was in PSO ~ PSOBB.... I *pray* these are not constantly delayed.. etc...
    I wish every PSO-World member playing PSO2 would have this outlook/attitude:
    "I'll be honest: I'm a man of simple pleasures, and as long as I get to stab the blazes out of something, I'm pretty content."
    Tactlessness is ugly, willfull ignorance and bigotry is even uglier

I'm really hoping for Challenge Mode, personally.

It was one of the most fun experiences to be had in PSO. Everyone's on even ground equipment-wise (meaning, none of anyone having to deal with severe cases of people giving their new characters a MAG from a much higher-level character, or equipment that a character of the current level has no business actually using, etc.), and the levels are designed in a way that not only encourages, but downright necessitates teamwork. At the same time, mastery over the combat mechanics is also required to get both a good time and to have everyone survive in the first place, meaning that skill and actual tactics are needed, as well.

It posed a very nice contrast between the standard gameplay mode in PSO, where players could afford to be a bit more casual in their sessions. The amount of finesse needed to complete Challenge Mode with a high rank ended up being a ranking to be proud of, and if nothing else, it could serve as something to show one's competence in teamwork.

Battle mode, or any other form of PvP... I really don't care about, but I've never been a fan of random PvP modes in otherwise highly-PvE-oriented games.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

If any precedent was set by devs adding exclusive infrastructure into PSPo2i for challenge modes, then I think we can probably expect some C-mode action down the line. Not necessarily at launch, but it seems like it will make a comeback.

Yes! Challenge Mode needs to exist again. PSPo2 had pseudo challenge mode missions, but nothing compared to the real thing. Every was a level playing field, didn't have to worry about grinding for equipment or levels, true teamwork, completing puzzles, scavenging for equipment and items, and managing supplies...if only I had someone to play with now...

As far as PvP, I wouldn't mind it, nor would I miss it if it wasn't in. As long as it is structured PvP that is along the lines of competing to complete an objective while hindering opponent, I think it should be fine and no real harm can come from it. Also, the most obvious PvP mode there could be without altering any mechanics is the typical deathmatch in shooting games. C'mon people, I know each and everyone one of you are going to want to aim and shoot at your friends with a rifle. Why not have some sport with it?

Challenge mode separates the good players from the Beast players.

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

Quote Originally Posted by Rizen View Post
    Yes! Challenge Mode needs to exist again. PSPo2 had pseudo challenge mode missions, but nothing compared to the real thing.
    Pseudo? Portable 2's challenge mode was challenge mode.

I'd rather not see PvP as it brings out the worse in people and tends to create overspecialized builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizen View Post
    Yes! Challenge Mode needs to exist again. PSPo2 had pseudo challenge mode missions, but nothing compared to the real thing.
    How was PSPo2's challenge mode a pseudo challenge mode? What about it wasn't exactly what Challenge mode is?