Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shiink View Post
    I completely understand the whole "help the US economy" ordeal, but seriously look at the track record here. Obviously SEGA of Japan has a much safer local market than its overseas counterparts. For a game franchise that I enjoy playing and gets a lot of time and money invested in it, I simply can't justify having to start/buy a game twice because it has a high chance of getting canned and lacking support in my locale. I'm hoping for a unified server just as much as anyone else.

To each his own I guess. I have close friends and family who love this series but won't be importing so I do completely understand not wanting to go through the hassle.
    Yeah, I still take US over JP. JP never had anyone for me to play with =[
    PSO:BB - Shelburz - 3x EXP server GM

I really want to play PSO2 because it looks so fun... but I played JP PSU and even though I met some great people, I just felt so alienated being among only JP players. I'm the type of player who will just go up to someone and say hi and start a conversation. I can't do that with the Japanese.

Plus I've had the Japanese that DO understand English message me telling me to stop speaking English where everyone can see.

That's not at all what I would pay to experience. Either US version or none at all for me. It's a shame, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiex View Post
    Can anybody weigh in on the latency between America's East coast and the Japanese servers? You can't really get much further away, so I'm kind of concerned about that.
    I didn't notice any lag really, until ship 2 was ALL full the second day. Which, that shouldn't be too common of a problem since the Alpha obviously has limited Ships with less population distribution, and their intent was to stress test anyhow.
    "Here is the map. All the info is there, except for the info that isn't there." -Onett Librarian
    Let's Play something.
    PSO2 Alpha:
    Level 20 HUnewearl:Level 20 RAmarl:Level 20 FOnewearl:Level 18 HUcaseal

If anything, I'll focus on only making one character on the JP servers and if the US servers ever exist in the future I'll make the rest with the other 2 classes I haven't played, there.

I don't mind starting over if it means transferring to where people speak engurish.

Princess of the Eternal Flowers Masterflower's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Serephim View Post
    People want the japanese voices to stay because the english ones are terrible. This really isn't a hard observation to make I believe.

Some of the voice files on PSU AotI were just downright horrible. People want them to keep the JP voices in, because if you aren't going to attempt to voice the characters correctly in english, you might as well not remove the ones you actually put quality into.

I had absolutely no issue with the english voices on PSU BEFORE they started talking. I thought it was a great idea that they didn't say shit before they threw a technic or when they died, because in the west characters just do not do that -- it's a japanese thing. But for some reason they decided to make them talk, and now i can't stand any of them, because they all sound like shit / constipated / annoying.
    Doesnt need to be PSU, An English Dub game can have the greatest of voice actors and they will want Japanese Audio. This is why I like SE. You'll take your English voices and like it.
    Just another same old day.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarFO View Post
    Plus I've had the Japanese that DO understand English message me telling me to stop speaking English where everyone can see.
    There's nothing in PSU or PSO2's TOS that says "No speaking English" so unless that person is a GM, then there's nothing behind their words to force you to do what they say. People were speaking English openly during last Saturday's session and nothing happened. So screw the people who don't want you speaking a language they only half understand. Pick the version you think you'll enjoy the most.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarFO View Post

I found the greatest trick of all for screwing with those kinds of JPN player is to start speaking to them in JPN. Man it blows their fragile little minds to bits when you can communicate to them in it. It's like a world of infinite possibilities just opened up on their horizons but it usually comes down to one thing in the end.

Is this a fact? Is that a fact? Oh so your not American? oh your from middle earth!?!, Blah Blah Blah.

JPN players are very stereotypical people I've found, amount of crap they actually believe is astonishing.

But I can understand how you feel isolated within the community, even speaking and reading JPN I've always been a outsider and the guys I play with I've known for coming up on a decade now since near release of FFXI.

I just put it down to xenophobia.

I'm going to wait for the US version as I do not know Japanese and have friends who might be interested in trying out the US version.

Well to be honest if Japanese people started talking in their language on your English server you'd probably be annoyed too. That's also one of the reasons why I think we won't see universal servers.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SELENNA View Post
    Well to be honest if Japanese people started talking in their language on your English server you'd probably be annoyed too. That's also one of the reasons why I think we won't see universal servers.
    I actually find it easy to ignore when people talk in other languages in an english speaking environment.

Most of the time it just means that's how they're comfortable communicating, or other times it's "mind your own business o_O" Which most people do.

But if I know online gaming communities... someone speaking japanese or korean = instantaneous attention grabber. And sometimes vice versa as well.

Obviously in this case that player probably didn't want someone to get banned by revealing they're not japanese. Of course I don't know how many invisible GM's are running around in this game since I'm not in the alpha, but meh.

Just saying, pointless hostility is pointless, we have it enough on the internet and with culture clashing as it is.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.