Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Princess of the Eternal Flowers Masterflower's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Serephim View Post
    Can't be too far from them, posting here.

I dont see the point in calling someone a "Japanophile" (whatever that means lol) for wanting to play an assured decent version of the game.
    Basically means someone is a down right Japanese lover. You mostly see these kind of things when it comes to video games and anime. To be far Mitz, I think alot of us have a down right good reason for wanting to play the JP over the "possible" US release. Now when it comes to people complaining about "Oh I want JP voices kept in our games!" This makes me facepalm on how many would go to great length to say "Oh I'm not buying it if theres no JP Audio!" I bet my ass they still buy the game. Sometimes their reasoning makes me go, why not just play the JP version instead.

When it comes to Phantasy Star, I think a lot of people got a very good reasoning to wanting to play a game not in their language over their inferior and non supporting game in their own language.
    Just another same old day.

While I can read and speak Japanese just fine, I'd rather get the English version of the game. Japanese is my 3rd language and I don't feel like jumping through hoops to play on a server halfway across the world. I'd rather take whatever comes to the US and play with friends because, let's face it, our friends aren't going to jump through those same hoops.

I'm really hoping for unified servers + word select like the original PSO. On the DC I played with people from all over the world without needing to know more than simple English. If the servers are unified, so is the content. All SEGA really has to do is provide translations with everything they add to the game (which is something they usually do with their other products.)
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

Can anybody weigh in on the latency between America's East coast and the Japanese servers? You can't really get much further away, so I'm kind of concerned about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiex View Post
    Can anybody weigh in on the latency between America's East coast and the Japanese servers? You can't really get much further away, so I'm kind of concerned about that.
    It was noticeable, but not absolutely horrific. You do get some "DID I HEAL IN TIME?!" moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterflower View Post
    Basically means someone is a down right Japanese lover. You mostly see these kind of things when it comes to video games and anime. To be far Mitz, I think alot of us have a down right good reason for wanting to play the JP over the "possible" US release. Now when it comes to people complaining about "Oh I want JP voices kept in our games!" This makes me facepalm on how many would go to great length to say "Oh I'm not buying it if theres no JP Audio!" I bet my ass they still buy the game. Sometimes their reasoning makes me go, why not just play the JP version instead.

When it comes to Phantasy Star, I think a lot of people got a very good reasoning to wanting to play a game not in their language over their inferior and non supporting game in their own language.

People want the japanese voices to stay because the english ones are terrible. This really isn't a hard observation to make I believe.

Some of the voice files on PSU AotI were just downright horrible. People want them to keep the JP voices in, because if you aren't going to attempt to voice the characters correctly in english, you might as well not remove the ones you actually put quality into.

I had absolutely no issue with the english voices on PSU BEFORE they started talking. I thought it was a great idea that they didn't say shit before they threw a technic or when they died, because in the west characters just do not do that -- it's a japanese thing. But for some reason they decided to make them talk, and now i can't stand any of them, because they all sound like shit / constipated / annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiex View Post

First test, probably better than PSU360. Second test, lag central.

Yeah, the "DID I HEAL IN TIME" moments are absolutely hilarious. Im not sure, but i think healing might take small priority over damage in times like that, because i've never had a lag spike and then died afterwards. Maybe my force just had more life than i thought.
    Last edited by Serephim; Jan 31, 2012 at 02:23 PM.

I can risk slow content if I can play with friends. I will be getting US version if it is announced before the JP release. If JP is released and no sight of US version then I will not wait because that would be just too far behind for me.
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

If I get the jp version, it will be only until it's out for US. Then I'm switching. I hate when people go across the sea, just because they think something will be better over there. That's why the US economy sucks.
    PSO:BB - Shelburz - 3x EXP server GM

I dont think that has anything to do with quality and more with price.

In this case it's usually true though, because the product is made and maintained in Japan, yet handled by someone other than the developer when in the US. Which, obviously, can be a huge issue.

I'm waiting until we get word about if and how it's going to be released in the US.

No point thinking about it until then.
    Coming Soon!

I completely understand the whole "help the US economy" ordeal, but seriously look at the track record here. Obviously SEGA of Japan has a much safer local market than its overseas counterparts. For a game franchise that I enjoy playing and gets a lot of time and money invested in it, I simply can't justify having to start/buy a game twice because it has a high chance of getting canned and lacking support in my locale. I'm hoping for a unified server just as much as anyone else.

To each his own I guess. I have close friends and family who love this series but won't be importing so I do completely understand not wanting to go through the hassle.
    PSU JP/ * 生気 * CAST (F) Lv. 180 (GT-20) [r.i.p.]
    PSO2 JP / 生気 Newman (F) [RA 40, FO 25]