Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    Maybe if they throw up a reasonably priced permanent unlock for the system category as a whole or something, then it wouldn't be quite so bad (Compared to cost of PSU, anyways) Basically, something to make it effectively an optional Guild Wars type model.
    That's the kind of thing I'm hoping for. I don't mind paying a a few dollars to permanently unlock stuff like the system items if it restricts bots and the like from ruining the game for the rest of us.

"Skill tree expansion (not buying new skills but being able to have a "new" skill tree. Maybe this means you'll be have multiple builds at once?)"

this makes me a little worried. seems like it could be potentially pretty unfair. however if this basically means you can be a hybrid ranger/hunter/force, i don't mind -as- much. still would bug me, unless it's priced reasonably (~5 dollars, which means you pay 10 dollars total to unlock the two other professions if you were already one of the three.)
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。
    -everything i type is completely serious and you should be offended no matter the content jaja-
    translated pre-OB skill trees link
    Ma name's Satoshi Sakai and I sell My room and My room accessories! Uh huh huh!

Quote Originally Posted by deldelight8 View Post
    this makes me a little worried. seems like it could be potentially pretty unfair.
    To be honest, I'm not exactly sure what that meant in the blog. It sounds like you can have multiple builds of a single class at once. Probably not all active at once though. Nothing related to sub-classes or hybrids.

Hmm the "System" bit is kinda part of what I feared (unless you start with a reasonable amount of storage regardless and this is just for the hoarders out there), it is far better than being able to directly buy weapons/ armor / experience.

Again, Sega is doing its homework and impressing me with the results.

EDIT: On the artwork: I really like that piece except the HUmar. He looks way too stiff....I know what he reminds me of! He reminds me of a really old Ninja Turtles action figure! Legs hard planted to the side and arms out like a dude whose muscles are too big for him to put his arms to his sides.
    Last edited by Dre_o; Mar 28, 2012 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    To be honest, I'm not exactly sure what that meant in the blog. It sounds like you can have multiple builds of a single class at once. Probably not all active at once though. Nothing related to sub-classes or hybrids.
    It probably means you can have multiple presets of skillsets without having to respec everytime you want to change it up. Respecs will probably cost meseta similar to type changes in PSU.
    Last edited by Macman; Mar 28, 2012 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Ninja'd, adding quote for reference

oh god lol...............

I'm sorry, call me doomer gloomer all you like but "Timed" is written all over the system cash items.

If something won't be timed here its the customes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I read it just a minute ago, and since I always confuse the nuance between 新しい and 新たな since they both mean new (in basic dictionaries) I double checked the difference. My best guess here is that, as the post script detail implied, you're not getting skills only available through cash shop, but you get a different variation of the already present skill trees.

I say this since he said they're not new cash only skill trees (今までなかったもの), but "new" skill trees (改めて行うもの).

Silly Japanese and its semantics.

I guess for me it all depends on how long "timed" will be. Other than that im still excited. I am all for SEGA making money bc I need this series to flourish.
    I am telling you, this game is gonna attract a TON of new players. More is always better..........ok, usually better.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueblur View Post
    That's the kind of thing I'm hoping for. I don't mind paying a a few dollars to permanently unlock stuff like the system items if it restricts bots and the like from ruining the game for the rest of us.
    Yeah, the other way I could see it working is a monthly price for everything, which would also be fine by me (assuming it's reasonable, again).

After all, there's always trading for rares.
    Coming Soon!

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

With all the game clients being free to download I'm sure Sega will have the localization done on the game by launch. Because I know everybody and their momma (who loves PSO) isn't gonna wait for a localized version months later when people will put guides up to help with the Japanese menus.

Plus the money I save not buying the game and paying a subscription will help me upgrade my video card and will make me want to buy stuff.

I just hope Sega does a good job on the security front. That's my only isssue at this point.
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance