Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112
    Once & forever Protranser Gunslinger-08's Avatar

Wasn't really for either team. It was certainly an exciting game, though.

Also, Beyonce.

Ship 2 - Gatz

Quoth the Raven:

Nevermore.

i was hoping they would win just so i could say that

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Quoth the Raven:

Nevermore.

i was hoping they would win just so i could say that
    2 thumbs up

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Everyone on my Fb is using that line.

Kinda worried about the winner riots, to be honest...

It's all quiet here, though. So I'm happy.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Once again I predicted right! Ravens to win the Super Bowl because its lewis last year.

It's funny we always see a QB on nfl photos mostly but this time it's Lewis cause of course.

Once again let's re cap since its the last game

- The Baltimore Ravens' defense, pushed around for most of the second half of Super Bowl XLVII, made a stop when it mattered most. Ray Lewis is going out a champion.

The Ravens beat the San Francisco 49ers 34-31 at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome on Sunday in one of the wildest Super Bowls in memory. We saw a blown fake field goal, a power outage lasting more than 30 minutes, multiple goal-line stands, a kickoff return for a touchdown, and an intentional safety. And we had a sensational performance by MVP winner Joe Flacco.

The Baltimore Ravens are champions for many reasons, but a few stand out above the rest:

RED ZONE DEFENSE

The 49ers reached the red zone six times, but only scored two touchdowns on those six tries. Their inability to punch it in from inside the 10-yard line with under two minutes left will be talked about for years. The final sequence included a two-yard run by LaMichael James and three straight incompletions by quarterback Colin Kaepernick intended for Michael Crabtree.

Niners fans will debate forever whether Ravens cornerback Jimmy Smith held Crabtree on fourth down. It was a shaky non-call, but it was also a poor throw by Kaepernick and a weak route by Crabtree coming off the line. The Ravens' defense stayed aggressive until the end, sending pressure. They could not create a pass rush, but they managed to hold on.

JOE FLACCO'S ARM

Any questions about Joe Flacco now? Flacco was insanely accurate, and simply made throws that other quarterbacks can't make. When the 49ers' offense was rolling in the second half, the Ravens' offense responded with two long drives that ate up the clock and put points on the board. Baltimore's offensive line held up well.

The 49ers' defense was supposed to be the dominant group in this game. But the Ravens' offense won their battles all night.

NEVER BLINKING

This Ravens team come from behind against the Denver Broncos in the AFC divisional playoffs to win in a second overtime despite giving up two special-teams touchdowns. They came from behind at halftime to beat the New England Patriotsin the AFC Championship Game. And they survived an insane second-half rally during the Super Bowl to come out champions.

Most teams would have been finished after giving up 17 points over a span of 4 minutes 10 seconds in the third quarter. The Ravens responded with two long drives on offense, and a last-second stop on the goal line.

It doesn't have to make sense that this Ravens team was the one to break through after so many playoff appearances. NFL football rarely makes sense. That's part of the reason why we love it.

By the end of this rollercoaster classic, everyone thought the 49ers were going in for a game-winning touchdown. Just like everyone thought the Ravens would lose to the Denver Broncos and lose in Foxborough. But the Ravens' defense, the group that carried this team for so many years, finally stood tall.

Yesterday was a great day for the city of Baltimore. As a fan of the Ravens I was on the edge of my seat as the game met its end after many thrilling events. The power outage felt like an eternity, and definitely seemed to play in favor of the 49ers as they played with new life after power was restored. I was happy to see Flacco be the MVP of the game after he threw for 287 yards with 3 TD and 0 INT. There were many plays that I did not agree with until they fully materialized, especially Jacoby Jones taking out the halftime kick from the back of the endzone. It was a risk that was well rewarded seeing that he tied the league record for a kickoff return. The defense lived up to its reputation with a red zone stand that proved to be the difference in the game. Great coaching and situational awareness led coach Harbaugh to have punter Sam Koch bring down the clock to 4 seconds while allowing a safety and effectively giving the niners their first loss in the super bowl as a franchise. Ray Lewis is definitely a player deserving to go out as a champion. Thanks Ray for 17 years of a Hall of Fame career.

It was also great to see Jonathan Ogden on the field in the beginning of the game

I am a Olga Flow to know what you are take the quiz here.

This is my pet rabbit. His name is Kireek
    (\(\
    (-.-)
    o.(")(")