Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Me, I think I'll use both - there's just no beating a mouse and keyboard for third-person aiming, but for melee the gamepad is the clear winner.
    Pretty much what I think too, and that's how I played; Gamecube to usb for hunter, mouse/keyboard for TPSranger. I just can't imagine playing hunter with a keyboard, as I don't lock on targets when I play; I just move(dash) where they are by myself, so I need the extra mobility. Surprisingly, I rarely miss, even when my target's off screen. FEELS AWESOME!

I must say though, that I really struggled when playing as a ranger. I didn't want to resort to using the auto-aim, because, hey, we have awesome TPS mode now! Would have felt like a waste not to use it... But for some reason, keyboard/mouse felt kinda awkward on this one... Been playing too much Gears of war at my friend's place it seems... It WAS getting better, though, but then the beta ended, so... Yeah.

As for force, didn't play it enough... but from what I saw, I could easily go either way; so I guess I'll just have to try and see which control scheme fits me best.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclon View Post
    Pretty much what I think too, and that's how I played; Gamecube to usb for hunter, mouse/keyboard for TPSranger. I just can't imagine playing hunter with a keyboard, as I don't lock on targets when I play; I just move(dash) where they are by myself, so I need the extra mobility. Surprisingly, I rarely miss, even when my target's off screen. FEELS AWESOME!

I must say though, that I really struggled when playing as a ranger. I didn't want to resort to using the auto-aim, because, hey, we have awesome TPS mode now! Would have felt like a waste not to use it... But for some reason, keyboard/mouse felt kinda awkward on this one... Been playing too much Gears of war at my friend's place it seems... It WAS getting better, though, but then the beta ended, so... Yeah.

As for force, didn't play it enough... but from what I saw, I could easily go either way; so I guess I'll just have to try and see which control scheme fits me best.
    In the menu for controller option there is actually 2 controller settings. One for in regular mode and one for when you switch to shooter mode which means you can rearrange all you buttons so it's more like a shooter, ie having the shoot button be a trigger rather than a face button.

Quote Originally Posted by RocSage View Post
    In the menu for controller option there is actually 2 controller settings. One for in regular mode and one for when you switch to shooter mode which means you can rearrange all you buttons so it's more like a shooter, ie having the shoot button be a trigger rather than a face button.
    Yes, I saw that. What I couldn't find, though, is a way to configure camera movement on your second joystick(but I've read around here that it does exist, so I might try that out in the open beta), so I couldn't play with my pad even if I wanted(yeah, it's not really that I couldn't, just that I didn't want to, sorry for not making that clear).

But I'm still convinced, from my past experiences, that a mouse is the way to go for precise aiming. It's just that even as a ranger, I still like to be on the move all the time(barely even used the launcher precisely for that reason), and I found it hard to do that while aiming for the weak spots(probably because the movement didn't really feel natural after playing hunter on my pad so much, so I had to do that extra mental effort that messed up my aiming). But once I started getting the hang of it, it became really enjoyable, so I'll definitely be playing ranger quite a bit in the future.

The Gears of war part was mostly a joke, since these two games really don't play the same anyway

Yes, I saw that. What I couldn't find, though, is a way to configure camera movement on your second joystick(but I've read around here that it does exist, so I might try that out in the open beta), so I couldn't play with my pad even if I wanted(yeah, it's not really that I couldn't, just that I didn't want to, sorry for not making that clear).

But I'm still convinced, from my past experiences, that a mouse is the way to go for precise aiming. It's just that even as a ranger, I still like to be on the move all the time(barely even used the launcher precisely for that reason), and I found it hard to do that while aiming for the weak spots(probably because the movement didn't really feel natural after playing hunter on my pad so much, so I had to do that extra mental effort that messed up my aiming). But once I started getting the hang of it, it became really enjoyable, so I'll definitely be playing ranger quite a bit in the future.

The Gears of war part was mostly a joke, since these two games really don't play the same anyway
    In the controller config there should be a button that says "Settings" with a Return to Default button below it, check in the Character Creator. There, you can set up the analog sticks, since the game uses Dinput, instead of Xinput, most, if not all dual analog controllers should work.
    Valon Lv:X Ranger

360 Pad
    Damn.

Not gonna lie but i used a Gamepad.

It feels more comfortable for me. Im not saying that the keyboard controls are dumb, its just that some of my important keys has a few problems :P

I can't stick to gamepads for long periods of time.

So my own is keyboard.

sig by me, PM if you want to request one.
    Ship 2/Ship 4:
    Sakia HU FI newearl | アモリ RAmarl | Hasumi FO RA caseal | ぴょましFOnewearl | 白井 BR HU Duman | リーヨウ RA GU caseal| Rena SU FI| マテオ HU/NK

it might make adjusting easier if you tweak your mouse sensitivity settings in the game. i personally can't aim for beans if my mouse sensitivity is too high.
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。
    -everything i type is completely serious and you should be offended no matter the content jaja-
    translated pre-OB skill trees link
    Ma name's Satoshi Sakai and I sell My room and My room accessories! Uh huh huh!

Quote Originally Posted by Brimcon View Post
    In the controller config there should be a button that says "Settings" with a Return to Default button below it, check in the Character Creator. There, you can set up the analog sticks, since the game uses Dinput, instead of Xinput, most, if not all dual analog controllers should work.
    Right, this should prove useful. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deldelight8 View Post
    it might make adjusting easier if you tweak your mouse sensitivity settings in the game. i personally can't aim for beans if my mouse sensitivity is too high.
    Actually, I think you may have a point, in the way that now that I think about it, my mouse's sensivity might, in fact, have been too low... So, thanks as well:3

Ranger: left hand gamepad, right hand mouse, can't stand WSAD movement in 3d ever...
    hunter: full gamepad (xbox 360 pad)
    force: keyboard.
    although sometimes i'm lazy and just use gamepad for everything...