Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

DualShock 2. Makes aiming in shooting mode a bit harder, but I can live with that.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
    360 Pad+^_^+ claw style+^_^+
    *index finger for skittle buttons*
    and mapping accept to B feels natural enough as most of my PS2 games used circle+^_^+
    Augh, I hated how I always subconsciously used my index finger to use PAs on my PS2 controller in PSU. (Similar to this pic)

But XBOX 360 controller's default set up feels Viewtiful in PSO2 for me.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Xbox 360 controller. After playing PSU for about six years, I'm used to that setup. PSO2's default Xbox controller layout is pretty similar to PSU's, so I'm rolling with that.

Keyboard/Mouse or Gamepad.

Since this game is a console style game, I use a 360 controller with default setup, works perfect for me

I initially started playing with a gamepad, but by the end of my first hour, I really just didn't like how it felt for some reason. I had everything properly configured, but it just didn't feel as good as it should have to me.

I switched to keyboard and mouse and I don't ever see myself playing the game any other way. I was surprised at how natural it felt, given that I've hated any keyboard and mouse setup for previous PSO/PSU games, but this game was clearly built with keyboard and mouse controls in mind and therefore feels more intuitive.

Though PSO2 looks the part of a console style game, it in no way feels like one to me, so keyboard and mouse all the way.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193051

old thread but i basically asked the same thing. it seems like a toss up.

i personally prefer keyboard and mouse, i like the tps mode too much. and i've pretty much always only done gaming on computers. i can't aim using an analog stick for my life, and when playing ranger getting does weakspots/headshots for extra damage is too gud.
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。
    -everything i type is completely serious and you should be offended no matter the content jaja-
    translated pre-OB skill trees link
    Ma name's Satoshi Sakai and I sell My room and My room accessories! Uh huh huh!

For those of you that are using PS2 controllers, that's exactly what I had in mind. XD I'll have to see if I can fix the controller that I had used; one of the button springs is broken.

Sometimes I like having all those commands right at my fingertips (so to speak), but if the control scheme is more catered for keyboard and mouse, I might stick with it instead.

@deldelight8:
    Ahh, I didn't realize that there was already a thread like this made. Sorry for making yet another one, then.
    Last edited by KunoMochi; May 15, 2012 at 12:26 AM.

Full keyboard, no mouse. Still got my fingers crossed they'll add in options to rotate the camera with the keyboard.

Keyboard/Mouse here. I rarely use gamepads because I can't find the precision that I want with them. It relates to why a lot of games going crossplatform ruins them entirely to make them all play evenly.