Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default So, for all of you who played PSO2

Is it better than Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II? I ask this because even though I didn't play Universe I could tell it was a lot different so I had less interest in regards to that game. Now with PSO2 SEGA seems to have gone back to PSO basics adding some PSU elements to it! The system sure looks more familiar and the overall graphics are amazing! Also, PSO2 is more open when it comes to maps, movement and combos but is it really better than the old ones? What do you think?

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

You have to play it yourself to believe how awesome it is.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

abso-friggin-lutely-epic.

That is all. Carry on.

EDIT: I realized that I didn't actually answer the question, so I will.

In short: Yes, much better than the others I've played. (BB, PSU)
    Last edited by Enforcer MKV; May 24, 2012 at 04:48 PM.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

More like PSU basics with PSO elements.

But its still good :P

lol, no. Nothing can beat the original, ever...well, unless they remake it.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Imagine PSO.

If it wasn't boring.

And everything PSU didn't fuck up.

Put it together.

PSO2.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

if you ask me, so far I can tell PSO2 have a better element on action (you can JUMP! JUMP and shoot! JUMPANDSHOOTMAN!)

In story, only chapter 0 and chapter 1 can be accessed in cbt so far, so I cant tell. (Oh and only 2 planets)

Graphizzzz? instead of graphic, check that physic on certain part of certain character~~~
    (and yea, the graphic is better than most of other MMO, not talking about certain 80G client game)

Try it yourself! JUMPANDSHOOTMAN!

(in really smallvoiceandfastspeaking) Actually the game is not all about jump and shoot like megaman and you cant wall jump but you can dash/roll/mirage-float and....JUMP!

Quote Originally Posted by skuld01 View Post
    if you ask me, so far I can tell PSO2 have a better element on action (you can JUMP! JUMP and shoot! JUMPANDSHOOTMAN!)

In story, only chapter 0 and chapter 1 can be accessed in cbt so far, so I cant tell. (Oh and only 2 planets)

Graphizzzz? instead of graphic, check that physic on certain part of certain character~~~
    (and yea, the graphic is better than most of other MMO, not talking about certain 80G client game)

(in really smallvoiceandfastspeaking) Actually the game is not all about jump and shoot like megaman and you cant wall jump but you can dash/roll/mirage-float and....JUMP!
    Well, that and many more, like dashing and airdashing.

But hey, can you wavedash in this game?

Quote Originally Posted by skuld01 View Post

I c what u did thar....
    My opinion, PSO2 is better. But only a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Ghost View Post
    Well, that and many more, like dashing and airdashing.

But hey, can you wavedash in this game?
    wat are wave dash

forgot about op's question

pso2 is really good.

the core gameplay elements of the game are incredibly solid. loving action games, i think pso2 did a fantastic job. the fact that you get hurt pretty badly by enemies your level makes the game more exciting as well.

there's also animation canceling in the game, quite a bit of it at that. although that one guy doesn't like it, i think it kicks the action up a notch. you also don't really have to get used to faster play style that utilizes canceling if you're playing a hunter. it's totally possible to just play the game regularly. I WONE WAN PLAY WITCHU IF YOU DOEN GET GUD DOE. jk

ranger and force are also really fun, although i think force class is a little weak. the tps mode that can be engaged by all classes is really great, and adds good flexibility to the game as well.

they've really outdone themselves imo. what matters now is how they handle the game from here on out, and how often they can develop actual content (stages/worlds/classes/races/mini games etc., not bullshit like events, or cash shop events, or cash shop items, etc. a lot of f2p games label cash shop updates as actual "updates to the game's content." and like 90% of their "updates" are just cash shop additions or somesuch. that bugs me.)
    Last edited by soulpimpwizzurd; May 24, 2012 at 05:45 PM.
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。
    -everything i type is completely serious and you should be offended no matter the content jaja-
    translated pre-OB skill trees link
    Ma name's Satoshi Sakai and I sell My room and My room accessories! Uh huh huh!