Page 20 of 64 FirstFirst ... 101718192021222330 ... LastLast

This is some really nice javascript. Well done on the simulator.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakuri View Post
    I really just wish Freeze Ignition and Freeze boost would switch places. That is a major kick in the face, unless Ignition is actually worth using now.
    It's wildly variable on damage... but I can smash Catardrans for 700-1200 or so with it at 5. Not that bad, considering it's free. The range could be larger though, you have to be fairly close for it to detonate. And freeze is fragile, it doesn't last that long when things are getting hit.

And it looks like the PP Up values have changed. And I was about to start going into it.
    Last edited by Randomness; Jun 23, 2012 at 10:28 PM.
    Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by youcantcatchtheblue View Post
    Is it worth it to have Step Attack on my Hunter?

Personally I really like Step Attack because it lets me go straight into a combo immediately after dashing. But it's on a separate branch from all the other skills that I feel like I'm wasting my SP on that branch...

Also I really want to have all the Gears.... but only the Sword Gear seems useful at this time.... arrrrgh so many decisions!!

What do the "Gears" do? I am confused about this, but probably only this

Edit: Found it a few pages back after missing it before. =)
    Last edited by Catreina; Jun 23, 2012 at 11:42 PM.

Is Photon Flare decent? I'm worried since the duration of 30 seconds never increases and the cooldown of 120 seconds never decreases according to http://pso2.swiki.jp/ . 30 seconds doesn't feel that long.

Are Fury Stance and Guard Stance also 30 second durations? The wiki I mentioned above only has the cooldown times listed.

So... I went ahead and got Just Counter & Just Reversal for my hunter.

Just Guard / Just Counter feels really good when you pull it off, but I'm finding it really hard to use on enemies other than the Rock Bear. Rock Bears do huge swings before they actually hit so it's easy to know when they will actually attack, but other enemies are so fast that you have no time to try and do a Just Guard.... also the risk factor is really high.... if you miss your Just Guard on a really big attack, well you're pretty much screwed....

For Just Reversal, I haven't quite found the right timing to press jump when you get knocked down.... anyone have any tips on how to do this correctly?

Do we have any idea of what increasing the level of each skill does yet?

For example if I rank up Guard Stance does it just increase the defense, or does it also soften the attack debuff? Some of them are obvious, like HP Up, but why would I rank up something like War Cry? It's all really vague.

As for Just Reversal, I just tap the jump button the moment my character is about the hit the ground and I'll flip up.

Thanks Gardios, I really appreciate your help with the simulator.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
    Do we have any idea of what increasing the level of each skill does yet?

For example if I rank up Guard Stance does it just increase the defense, or does it also soften the attack debuff? Some of them are obvious, like HP Up, but why would I rank up something like War Cry? It's all really vague.

As for Just Reversal, I just tap the jump button the moment my character is about the hit the ground and I'll flip up.
    The JP wiki can be google translated for rough descriptions. Both Guard Stance and Fury Stance do get better and have reduced drawbacks from leveling them.
    Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoNovember View Post
    Is Photon Flare decent? I'm worried since the duration of 30 seconds never increases and the cooldown of 120 seconds never decreases according to http://pso2.swiki.jp/ . 30 seconds doesn't feel that long.

Are Fury Stance and Guard Stance also 30 second durations? The wiki I mentioned above only has the cooldown times listed.
    The stances last several minutes or until canceled, from what I've heard.

Given that, Photon Flare could stand to be a bit stronger. That said... 200 power is a ton right now... but...

I'm currently thinking that the force tree needs reworking - 10 PP is not worth 10 skill points - it needs to increase PP regenerated too or give much more increase (At some point it was 33 PP, which is actually worth considering). Honestly, the ONLY percentage boosts we get are either small (1% per skill point) or limited to one family of techs (average of 2% per point in the element masteries). Freeze Ignition is nice, but the freeze status boost is, as far as I can tell, a mere 1% extra rate per point... which seems low. (If it added 1% to the base rate per point it would be awesome, however). And Ignition could use a lower cooldown, I guess (but Rabarta can easily freeze multiple targets as is atm).

I mean, look at it - Hunters have gears, rangers have special ammo like Weak Bullet, but forces get... PP Charge Revival. And some narrow boosts (If they were 5% per point the whole way, it would be awesome and totally worth doing). And Freeze Ignition, which can hit like a truck, but suffers from a 60 second cooldown even at 10. And... that's it. (Photon Flare is like an inferior Fury Stance. If it lasted until disabled, I'd love it to death...)

There's just so many more things I care about in the other trees. Force literally only has three boxes I actually considered worth aiming for even briefly (after finding out current numbers)

As an aside - why is PP Charge Revival after Flame S Charge? The skill that REDUCES how beneficial it is by reducing the amount of time you're charging to begin with? It's most useful for every tech type EXCEPT fire. Photon Flare would be better there - then you can steroid up and then unload massive damage faster into whatever weakpoint the boss is showing briefly.
    Last edited by Randomness; Jun 25, 2012 at 12:38 AM.
    Coming Soon!

Thanks a lot for this skill tree simulator Gardios!