Threaded View

Default Force and Ranger Balancing

After playing both Races I definitely feel that Force is the weaker of the two I'll give reasons as to why.

Force when using staff lets you fire 3-4 shots photo arts "PP" after that your PP has run out it takes about 10-12 secs before it replenishes, so you are then forced to run at the enemy and attack it with your staff. The problem with this is a hunter can do this job far better he has more health and higher attacks. Then to avoid damage you must run away use mana and then do it all over again.

Force does however have another weapon (name of which escapes me) it throws cards at them, it typically does less damage but lets you cast from a safe distance once your mana "PP" has run out. Unfortunately besides this being weaker you must stand still while firing Photon arts and non Photon arts.

Now compare this to Ranger He can move freely when firing with both normal shots and PP shots and seems to do just as much damage. In fact I would say more because his attack rate is so much faster While Force does big damage numbers the ranger is doing slightly less but 2X faster.

I suggest:

Staff:
    Letting the force chose between a melee attack and a ranged attack for staffs when using non PP attacks, but making him stand still while casting this ranged non PP attack as it does higher damage compared to the weapon that throws cards

Card:
    When using the weaker weapon that throws cards, letting the force move freely when casting non PP skills and PP skills.
    Last edited by MizaR; Jun 17, 2012 at 01:28 AM.