Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

I find it funny how most people seem to think Sega added this to make the game more "strategical" when it is obvious that the only reason behind this decision is the chance to sell more scape dolls and other cash shop related goodies.

Yeah, everyone is "happy" about this change now, playing the low level content and difficulties and with half of the "voters" playing ranged classes.

But i am not sure if i am looking foward to ultimate difficulties as a HUmar, considering the past experiences.

I really "can´t wait" to start meeting 90% hp hitting, aoe spitting, unflichable monsters that rape every single melee player in range just because they can while ra´s and fo´s sit happily in the distance, shooting stuff at the mobs and wondering why the melee "noobs" are complaining instead of learning2play.

This idea looks TERRIBLE to me for the higher difficulty settings, when it comes to melee characters, but i guess we will have to see how it goes.

theres melle forces too, who tend to comit suicide trying to heal the nubmars.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

I love this stop and heal business. And I'm loving how resta works too. I love every way you must heal in this game. Its great. Dying feels awful in a good way. Moons feel good. I don't have any eloquent words. I just love the healing in this game. Love love love love.
    Watch all my ship 1 adventures on Twitch!

This is an intended mechanic, you can tell because of the length certain healing items take to drink.

Monomates can be chugged in half a second, while Trimates' animation take about 2 seconds to drink.

I find it funny how people complain about the healing animation when PSU had 10 Scape Dolls everyone could stock up on and still being able to instant heal.
    Wow..

Glad Infinity fixed that.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrian-x View Post
    This idea looks TERRIBLE to me for the higher difficulty settings, when it comes to melee characters, but i guess we will have to see how it goes.
    You couldn't have enjoyed spamming the current highest DpS PA in PSU with no regard to defense, and chugging down HP items mid PA when you get damaged. This is what made PSU boring. How can you not be glad that it's finally being done away with?

Difficulty is balanced around dodging and healing. If you can instantly heal all of your HP, then you'll have to be in a situation where healing all your HP is necessary. If you can revive people easily, then you'll be in a situation where people die easily. If it's difficult to heal, then the game will be balanced so that you won't need to heal as often. This is a good thing!

I really "can´t wait" to start meeting 90% hp hitting, aoe spitting, unflichable monsters that rape every single melee player in range just because they can while ra´s and fo´s sit happily in the distance, shooting stuff at the mobs and wondering why the melee "noobs" are complaining instead of learning2play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    Difficulty is balanced around dodging and healing. If you can instantly heal all of your HP, then you'll have to be in a situation where healing all your HP is necessary. If you can revive people easily, then you'll be in a situation where people die easily. If it's difficult to heal, then the game will be balanced so that you won't need to heal as often. This is a good thing!
    You responded a bit more tactfully than I as going to. I was about to just say "protip: use step and guard to avoid being hit" XD Personally this is one of the reasons I can't wait to play a full on defensive HU, assuming war cry does work as it sounds and makes enemies want to hit me. Mobs can one shot us? challenge accepted, hai guyz I'm bait!

In short +1 for keeping the healing animations. Only exception I might have is the time it takes to use a sol, kinda makes it hard to cure an allies stun. By the time you use it it runs out anyways.
    Last edited by Arande; Jun 18, 2012 at 04:23 PM.
    Wryn from SPU

Quote Originally Posted by Arande View Post
    I can't wait to play a full on defensive HU, assuming war cry does work as it sounds and makes enemies want to hit me. Mobs can one shot us? challenge accepted, hai guyz I'm bait!
    thank you my good sir, you're the only person I've seen on the forums other than myself who wants to play a defensive character... everyone kept telling me there's no point in raising defense stats with your skill tree if you can dodge or do a just guard to cancel out all damage, well I want to do a defensive character too and I'm happy someone else feels the same way tanking ftw

I find it funny how most people seem to think Sega added this to make the game more "strategical" when it is obvious that the only reason behind this decision is the chance to sell more scape dolls and other cash shop related goodies.

Yeah, everyone is "happy" about this change now, playing the low level content and difficulties and with half of the "voters" playing ranged classes.

But i am not sure if i am looking foward to ultimate difficulties as a HUmar, considering the past experiences.

After playing the Pre-Open Beta I don't think any of this is a problem.

I've played Monster Hunter for many years so learning monster's attack patterns and dodging them is nothin', and after fighting the bosses in this game I can say that skills like this transfer over very well. I rarely got hit by bosses if at all and I only studied their attack patterns very subtly through videos, so it's possible for Hunter's to be in fights and still do work. I wouldn't let something like this discourage anybody for future difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by Silenttank View Post
    After playing the Pre-Open Beta I don't think any of this is a problem.

I've played Monster Hunter for many years so learning monster's attack patterns and dodging them is nothin', and after fighting the bosses in this game I can say that skills like this transfer over very well. I rarely got hit by bosses if at all and I only studied their attack patterns very subtly through videos, so it's possible for Hunter's to be in fights and still do work. I wouldn't let something like this discourage anybody for future difficulties.
    You assume all monsters are going to have patterns that can even be dodged. One of the historically cheapest ways to increase difficulty is coding a boss that literally cannot be dodged 100% of the time. It hasn't happened really in any of the Phantasy Star games (to my knowledge), but there is always a chance the developers decide to go this route when they run out of innovative ideas.