Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Falz has grants, making him literally impossible to kill if your HP is under a certain value. He also had Heaven Punisher, doing a massive amount of damage based on defense. Fakis has that meteor strike which takes out a specific health amount based on your max HP. Nano dragons have an attack which homes on to you. I'm sure there's more out there.

Alright. So there are enemies that can't be dodged, and do a massive amount of HP when they hit. That's what the instant Hp recovery is for. Now that HP is harder to get back, we'll have some other way to deal with attacks like these.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    Falz has grants, making him literally impossible to kill if your HP is under a certain value. He also had Heaven Punisher, doing a massive amount of damage based on defense. Fakis has that meteor strike which takes out a specific health amount based on your max HP. Nano dragons have an attack which homes on to you. I'm sure there's more out there.

Alright. So there are enemies that can't be dodged, and do a massive amount of HP when they hit. That's what the instant Hp recovery is for. Now that HP is harder to get back, we'll have some other way to deal with attacks like these.
    RIGHT! Damn, I've been out of PSO too long. That and my memory is crappy. Does anyone know how this instant HP recovery works or operates within the new game yet?

It doesn't. There is no instant HP recovery, just like there is no unavoidable damage.

Quote Originally Posted by AlMcFly View Post
    You assume all monsters are going to have patterns that can even be dodged. One of the historically cheapest ways to increase difficulty is coding a boss that literally cannot be dodged 100% of the time. It hasn't happened really in any of the Phantasy Star games (to my knowledge), but there is always a chance the developers decide to go this route when they run out of innovative ideas.
    If that's the case then we'll just have to adapt to certain bosses and learn what to look out for and how to deal with unavoidable things. I'm sure they'll make difficult bosses, but nothing that's impossible to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    It doesn't. There is no instant HP recovery, just like there is no unavoidable damage.
    Isn't there a hunter skill in PSO2 that is supposed to auto-monomate when under 50% health? Is it not activated or a reachable skill yet?

Quote Originally Posted by AlMcFly View Post
    Isn't there a hunter skill in PSO2 that is supposed to auto-monomate when under 50% health? Is it not activated or a reachable skill yet?
    I saw it in the skill tree in the Pre-Open. I don't know how it exactly works but if its instantaneous then it might be something to consider.

Truth is, none of us truly knows it because the high end content is not there yet or we did not have access to it during the beta.

People telling me there will be absolutely no issues at high end simply because they fared well at lv 20 content does not really say much nor does it prove anything.

Once the really difficult content starts rolling in, we will see.