Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I love the way it is because it means you need to plan out how you will use a healing item. With the current system you can dash away to a temporary safety, or time your "window of opertunity to heal" and use it knowing it will most likely go succesfully and then get right back into the action. Its a tactical and exciting element that fits PERFECTLY with this type of gameplay.

Its way better then a nonstop spammable semi-invincible system, and even better then a instant cast with a timer attached. It requires skill/planning. Its not some free insta heal that requires little to no effort. And i like it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Triela View Post
    Instant heals are for chumps. I like the added layer of deciding if I need to pull back and heal preemptively rather than standing there and tanking it to the face. It's an action RPG, and I want the game to punish me for making bad calls thinking I'm invincible. I don't want to just stand there spamming a combo and special moves while hammering the 'mate button. That's child's play.
    i can agree with this. you definitely get punished for making bad plays, and rightfully so. they made the servers and game excellent so you really have no excuses to get hit unless you messed up (i have never gotten lag hit/failed a block/dodge due to lag, i've only gotten hit due to my own mis-timing)

but damn he called you a chump! zing! zingzingzing!
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。
    -everything i type is completely serious and you should be offended no matter the content jaja-
    translated pre-OB skill trees link
    Ma name's Satoshi Sakai and I sell My room and My room accessories! Uh huh huh!

Skilled Fighter

They could implement the Vindictus style of consuming potions.

If you stand and drink, it takes longer, but you get the maximum benefits of the potion.

If you move and drink, it takes a lot less time, but you get roughly half the healing effect.

So then it becomes the question of "am I really healing enough HP from moving & potting or am I just wasting my monomates?"

Quote Originally Posted by Vylera View Post
    They could implement the Vindictus style of consuming potions.

If you stand and drink, it takes longer, but you get the maximum benefits of the potion.

If you move and drink, it takes a lot less time, but you get roughly half the healing effect.

So then it becomes the question of "am I really healing enough HP from moving & potting or am I just wasting my monomates?"
    Nah the current system is perfect IMO, with the vindictus system you can just buy potions that heal for a lot and not worry about moving and chugging pots. Could be expensive yes and thats the trade off, but I would rather tactically plan out when i want to and when i can heal. Its another gameplay element.

Skilled Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
    Nah the current system is perfect IMO, with the vindictus system you can just buy potions that heal for a lot and not worry about moving and chugging pots. Could be expensive yes and thats the trade off, but I would rather tactically plan out when i want to and when i can heal. Its another gameplay element.
    Fair enough point. I didn't re-consider the fact that PSO2 has multiple tiers of potions while Vindictus has only one primary HP potion.

Personally I have no problems with the current potion system either, especially as a ranger (for obvious reasons). I think potion animations are underused and need to be forced into more games. It just makes sense, really. To not be able to drink 100 potions within 60 seconds and still be standing somewhere other than in the bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Vylera View Post
    Fair enough point. I didn't re-consider the fact that PSO2 has multiple tiers of potions while Vindictus has only one primary HP potion.

Personally I have no problems with the current potion system either, especially as a ranger (for obvious reasons). I think potion animations are underused and need to be forced into more games. It just makes sense, really. To not be able to drink 100 potions within 60 seconds and still be standing somewhere other than in the bathroom.
    Haha thanks for the chuckle from the bathroom comment. I agree it makes perfect sense to have an animation for someone to drink something or even inject something. And in PSO2's case it really adds another gameplay factor that takes skill/planning.

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

I wonder if the "Auto Mate" skill in the hunter skill tree has you being able to move when it kicks in or does your character stop moving when it kicks in.
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by moorebounce View Post
    I wonder if the "Auto Mate" skill in the hunter skill tree has you being able to move when it kicks in or does your character stop moving when it kicks in.
    I was wondering the same thing. I would be problematic if you had this and were not ready for it to "proc", or get stuck in a mob because it keeps "proc'n".

Quote Originally Posted by moorebounce View Post
    Pretty much came in here to mention that skill.
    It would make more sense for a hunter to get hit now and then, so sega probably tried to justify it with that talent.
    I'd just like to know how it works, I would prefer a way to have a little control over using them instead of wasting mates (if I didn't want to heal or was going to BE healed)

I think it's just going to stay the way it is, maybe they'll tweak that talent in the future but it really should only be up in the clouds for a hunter.

The skill would probably be more useful if you could set the percentage yourself for when the ability hit.

Depending on how the ability is handled however (instant use or waiting for the animation) it could make tanking hits even more braindead. Maybe make used 'mate suffer a percentage decrease in healing power and throw a cooldown on it so it could only proc once per encounter or minute or so.
    Last edited by Polly; Jun 17, 2012 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Clarified like glasses.