Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Yes-- I love being able to just mindlessly pick things up now! I had to worry about item distribution etiquette back in PSO which made things a little cumbersome at times. Though now it gives you less of an opportunity to make friends by being a gentleman. Eh, minor trade-off.

Quote Originally Posted by SELENNA View Post
    I don't like it, and I'll explain why : it removes the excitement of actually running to be the first to get the item. Now you're like "Oh, an item". Before it was "omg, red box! I need to run for it!" I loved the thrill, even though it meant you'd get sniped quite a few times. It was flawed but now I think it's too easy to get the stuff you want.
    You're insane and a masochist.

I don't like it, and I'll explain why : it removes the excitement of actually running to be the first to get the item. Now you're like "Oh, an item". Before it was "omg, red box! I need to run for it!" I loved the thrill, even though it meant you'd get sniped quite a few times. It was flawed but now I think it's too easy to get the stuff you want.
    I don't know about you but even though I know I get my own loot, if I see a red box I'm still going to be like "OH SHIZWTF RED BOX! WHAT IS IT?!?" and run to it as fast as I can. The thrill is still alive

I don't think that's unreasonable, but I also think that the good of the switch outweighs the bad, especially if you consider MULTIPARTY AREAS, where you could solo a surprise Dark Ragne followed by ANOTHER Dark Ragne, then have some random guy who didn't even contribute come by and just grab the rare drop from you. Can be avoided (there's an option to make your multiparty area private, so you can either keep out the general public or just have a play session with more than 1 party worth of people), but if you like the idea then having free looting drops would ruin it.

This is the system that makes grinding fun.
    More games should use it.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

I fail to see the excitement in being hounded by an asshole who claims you stole their rare that they deserve because they were closest to it and the world revolves around them. Then, comes the spam of slurs and insults to weight.

It won't be easy to get stuff you want since it will involve a rolling die that you never see. The flaw you're thinking of is that you usually get items that are related to your class instead of an ID that magically prevents you from getting what you want/need and instead being dragged along to find items for the person who will spam "grab item" while you're busy killing everything.

I've actually thought of this way back in the PSO days, never knew it would happen for real. I got a question: what if 2 people loot the same item, can one trade it away to the other, allowing that other person to have 2 copies of the item?
    While I did thought of this long ago, I also thought of an ID system that's generated on the items when they are dropped that prevents you from possessing more than one copy of the same item if the have the same item ID.

I don't like it, and I'll explain why : it removes the excitement of actually running to be the first to get the item.
    It also removes the massive disappointment you'll have when you do most/all of the work and some lazy scumbag run towards the enemy expecting it to die and swiping the item immediately.

I like the system, mainly because the fact that every one gets their own drops creates a larger selection that you can trade to your friends (providing you're all premium members).

To be honest though, I never really minded about the previous system that was in place for PSO and PSU. I mainly stuck to playing with decent people who would take turns with red boxes so I find the accusations that those with opposing opinions regarding the change in drop system are "jealous soloists with no friends" rather ironic considering you must have been playing with terrible strangers most of the time to come to loathe the system.

I think it is good, but alas I've been getting very used to that feature and practically take it for granted nowadays. Ever since Phantasy Star Zero, just about everything I've been playing recently has unique loot drops per player.

I didn't realize it until 5 or 6 runs latter when someone said oh wow no ones picking anything up then someone said oh we all get everything. I must say I love it :P
    EVGA x58 Classified 759 Motherboard, Intel 990X CPU @ 4.2 GHz
    Corsair 1200 watt Power Supply, 12 GB DDR3 Corsair
    3x GTX 480's in SLi, Corsair 800D Case
    Please Read, Connection Issue Template.