View Poll Results: What Timezone are you?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • PST (UTC -

14 11.29%
  • CST (UTC - 6)

26 20.97%
  • EST (UTC - 5)

48 38.71%
  • GMT

22 17.74%
  • CET (UTC + 1)

5 4.03%
  • EET (UTC +2)

1 0.81%
  • Australia CST (UTC + 10:30)

0 0%
  • Australia EST (UTC + 10)

2 1.61%
  • Other (Post so I can add!)

6 4.84%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Quote Originally Posted by RocSage View Post
    Asking people what time is best never works because someone always says "I can't attend due to time. Can you move it?" within a few posts when you state the time.
    The thing is, you do not ask to accommodate every single person, you ask to get a general idea of what most people's schedules are like. From there, you make a decision on time or give narrowed down time selection to pick from. This is how it was done in the past and the turn out was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    It might be best to have more than one "Meet & Greet" planned out to increase the number of participating attendees and make everyone happy.
    You can never make everyone happy.

The thing about having more than one planned is you risk reducing the amount of people attending. People tend to have the mentality of "one or the other" and won't attend both. The idea is to have as many people show up as possible. I know a few people are like "how will you meet people with so many people there?" People tend to break off into smaller groups and start talking among themselves and people of similar interest chime into those conversations. It is chaotic, but overall it is a good experience.

There will be more than one planned throughout the year, so if people miss one, they can more than likely make another one planned down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizen View Post
    The thing about having more than one planned is you risk reducing the amount of people attending. People tend to have the mentality of "one or the other" and won't attend both.
    From a psychological standpoint this^ is true. Best to have one big meetup and everyone tries to work with their schedules. Different days can possibly be accommodated in the future

Since the forum rampant activity is down, I thought I would bring this back for a few more votes because I move on to the next thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizen View Post
    Since the forum rampant activity is down, I thought I would bring this back for a few more votes because I move on to the next thing.
    Any Idea when yet?

Signature by Gama

Quote Originally Posted by Cherri420 View Post
    Any Idea when yet?
    It's going to be on a Saturday for sure. As for the time frame...that's what the next topic will be about.